- Texas woman seeks return of film showing JFK assassination Updated: Nov-23-15 4:52 pm
DALLAS - A Texas woman said Monday that she's suing a federal agency to force the return of a film shot by her grandfather that shows a portion of the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- Burundi's government suspends 10 civic groups amid unrest Updated: Nov-23-15 3:28 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's government on Monday suspended the licenses of 10 non-governmental organizations over allegations they have been involved in anti-government activities.
- Dent on Kurdish party in Turkey raises fear of attack Updated: Nov-23-15 4:11 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A dent reported on the bullet-proof rear window of Turkey's pro-Kurdish party leader's vehicle has caused fears that the politician may have been targeted for assassination.
- Palestinian leader discusses failed peace effort Updated: Nov-18-15 2:01 pm
JERUSALEM - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has shined new light on the breakdown of a potentially history-altering round of 2008 peace talks, saying that he rejected an offer from Israel's Ehud Olmert - which included placing Jerusalem's Old City under international control - because he was not allowed to study the map.
- License plates on limo JFK in when killed sell for $100K Updated: Nov-07-15 2:51 pm
DALLAS - The license plates that were on the limousine carrying President John F. Kennedy when he was assassinated in Dallas have sold at auction for $100,000.
- Traffic around JFK slaying scene in Dallas closed for movie Updated: Nov-02-15 11:34 am
DALLAS - Street traffic around downtown Dallas' Dealey Plaza, where President John Kennedy was shot and killed this month in 1963, is being shut to accommodate a Rob Reiner-directed film about Kennedy's successor, Lyndon Johnson.
- Oregon man arrested for threats to president Updated: Oct-31-15 6:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Oregon man accused of writing letters threatening to assassinate the president was arrested after he reportedly cut off his GPS monitoring device.
- Israelis and Clinton pay tribute to Rabin at memorial rally Updated: Oct-31-15 4:37 pm
TEL AVIV, Israel - Tens of thousands of Israelis, along with former U.S. President Bill Clinton, marked the 20th anniversary of the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin on Saturday night, gathering in the Tel Aviv square where he was gunned down by a Jewish extremist and remembering his calls for peace.
- Dallas residents advised gunshots near Dealey Plaza for film Updated: Oct-30-15 12:14 pm
DALLAS - The upcoming sounds of gunfire in Dallas are for a new movie about the aftermath of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- Malaysia deports 5 Maldivians over alleged assassination bid Updated: Oct-30-15 10:10 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian police said they deported five Maldives citizens on Friday, including a diplomat, over an alleged attempt to assassinate the Maldivian president.
- 20 years later, little left of Yitzhak Rabin's peace legacy Updated: Oct-30-15 9:33 am
TEL AVIV, Israel - Twenty years after Yitzhak Rabin was gunned down by a Jewish extremist opposed to his negotiations with the Palestinians, Israel is more divided than ever over Mideast peacemaking - and the people who opposed the assassinated premier with vitriol, led by Benjamin Netanyahu, now have a firm grip on power.
- The Latest: Israel marks 20 years since killing of PM Rabin Updated: Oct-26-15 12:58 pm
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in a wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence (all times local).