- Egypt marks 2nd anniversary of Islamist ouster with mourning Updated: Jul-04-15 8:37 am
CAIRO - Two years to the day after the army overthrew Egypt's Islamist president, the sounds coming from the mosque at Cairo's Tahrir Square were sadly telling. At the focal point of Egypt's upheavals, where authorities had hoped to stage celebrations, there was instead a prayer for the week's dead, including soldiers cut down by militants in Sinai and the country's chief prosecutor, assassinated by car bomb in the capital.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Serbia unveils monument to Gavrilo Princip Updated: Jun-28-15 5:30 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia on Sunday unveiled a monument to Gavrilo Princip, whose assassination of the Austro-Hungarian crown prince in Sarajevo helped ignite World War I and still provokes controversy in the ethnically-divided Balkans.
- Hearing delayed for man accused of supporting Islamic State Updated: Jun-24-15 1:32 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A federal court hearing is being postponed for a 19-year-old North Carolina man accused of planning a killing spree in the U.S. to show his support for the Islamic State group in the Middle East.
- Longtime journalist Norman Runnion dies Updated: Jun-23-15 7:47 pm
RANDOLPH, Vermont - Norman Runnion, longtime journalist and former editor of the Brattleboro Reformer, has died.
- Kashmir rattled by targeted killings after period of calm Updated: Jun-19-15 6:37 am
SOPORE, India - Four assassination-style killings since last week have shaken this town in Kashmir just as the Himalayan region claimed by both India and Pakistan seemed to be slowly emerging from decades of violence.
- Indian-held Kashmir shuts down to protest recent killings Updated: Jun-17-15 7:49 am
SRINAGAR, India - Stores, businesses and schools slammed shut across Indian-controlled Kashmir on Wednesday after separatists called a strike to protest a series of assassination-style killings over the past week.