- Marshall's new academic center a boost for student-athletes Updated: Jul-05-15 10:10 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick first returned to the university in that job, the former Thundering Herd linebacker asked where student-athletes went for tutoring, computer labs and academic advising. He didn't like what he saw.
- Pine Ridge School gets $218K to help prevent youth suicides Updated: Jun-17-15 7:52 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Federal education officials have given Pine Ridge School in western South Dakota $218,000 to help students and teachers in their recovery from a string of student suicides and attempted suicides in recent months on the Indian reservation where the school is located.
- Texas to review all academic support services for athletes Updated: Jun-16-15 3:42 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In the wake of allegations of misconduct within the men's basketball program, new University of Texas President Greg Fenves has ordered a sweeping review of all academic services in the athletic department.
- Ex-Notre Dame women's hoops player receives Tillman Award Updated: Jun-16-15 10:14 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Danielle Green hopes to inspire others through her story. She grew up poor on Chicago's South Side and earned an athletic scholarship to Notre Dame, then joined the Army. She lost her lower left arm in a rocket-propelled grenade attack in Iraq and now serves as a counselor to veterans.
- Texas announces independent review of basketball academics Updated: Jun-16-15 1:33 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas has hired an outside investigator for an independent probe into allegations of academic fraud within the men's basketball program.
- University administrator has a passion for helping students Updated: Jun-13-15 11:36 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Former University of Southern Mississippi President Aubrey Lucas has a favorite story about Vice President for Student Affairs Joe Paul. It occurred when Lucas' granddaughter was preparing to come to the university as a freshman.