- Eastern Pennsylvania United Methodist Church marks 150 years Updated: May-23-16 10:26 am
LANGHORNE, Pennsylvania - Alma Willits has been a member of the Scottsville United Methodist Church in Lower Southampton since 1949. As the church historian, she'll have a place of honor Sunday when the congregation celebrates its 150th anniversary.
- Court asked to bring Ten Commandments suit back to trial Updated: May-20-16 12:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania student's mother and atheists' group who sued a school district over a Ten Commandments display are asking a federal appeals court to send the 2012 lawsuit back for trial.
- Pope says he's willing to study whether women can be deacons Updated: May-12-16 2:17 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis said Thursday he is willing to create a commission to study whether women can be deacons in the Catholic Church, signaling openness to letting women serve in ordained ministry currently reserved to men.
- Muslim family considers suit against Citadel over headscarf Updated: May-10-16 4:32 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Citadel military college, known for its buttoned-up uniforms and strict discipline, decided Tuesday that a newly accepted female student cannot wear a traditional Muslim headscarf if she enrolls in the fall.
- Widow, daughters of slain senator receive posthumous degree Updated: May-09-16 5:03 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - When he, along with eight of his parishioners, was slain last summer at the historic black church he pastored, Clementa Pinckney was working on his thesis for a Doctorate of Ministry degree.
- Nationalist party declares Islam doesn't belong to Germany Updated: May-01-16 9:53 am
BERLIN - Members of the nationalist Alternative for Germany party have backed a political program that says Islam doesn't belong to Germany and supports a ban against minarets, muezzin calls and headscarves for women and girls in school.