- West Virginia: Watch glass being made by hand at Blenko Updated: Feb-11-16 11:23 am
MILTON, West Virginia - At Blenko Glass, you can watch glass being handcrafted the way it's been done for more than 100 years.
- Van Gogh's bedroom recreated in Chicago as Airbnb rental Updated: Feb-10-16 5:29 pm
CHICAGO - Art lovers have a chance to spend one starry night in a replica of Vincent Van Gogh's bedroom for only $10.
- CRAFTS: When in Tokyo, try making a Japanese woodblock print Updated: Feb-10-16 10:30 am
You probably know what an ukiyo-e print looks like, even if you don't recognize the term.
- House panel OKs bill restoring children's health insurance Updated: Feb-09-16 7:50 pm
PHOENIX - A bill to provide health insurance for thousands of Arizona children cleared a hurdle Tuesday as lawmakers unanimously passed a measure to lift the temporary freeze on a program restoring coverage to low-income kids.
- Ikea recalls ceiling lamps for risk of falling glass shades Updated: Feb-09-16 4:52 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish furniture retailer Ikea is recalling two types of ceiling lamps because of a risk that the glass shades might fall and injure people.
- Welcome to the 'agrihood': homes built around working farms Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
Gated communities with houses clustered around golf courses, swimming pools, party rooms and fitness centers are common in many suburban areas. But homes built adjacent to functioning farms?
- Village store, summer home added to historic places list Updated: Feb-08-16 10:09 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Village buildings, a store, and a summer home are among the properties being added to the New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places.
- Louisville celebrates Edison's birthday Updated: Feb-08-16 4:15 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Celebrated inventor and scientist Thomas Edison is being remembered in his old Kentucky home.
- Camellia season underway at SC's historic Middleton Place Updated: Feb-06-16 6:50 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Middleton Place on the Ashley River outside of Charleston is beginning its camellia season with workshops and walks through the plantation's gardens.
- Lake Village pairs with US agency to boost health, economy Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
LAKE VILLAGE, Arkansas - Lake Village will partner with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency this year to plan expansions to the city's community garden and trails, the agency announced last week.
- Businessman pleads guilty to embezzling $1M from restaurants Updated: Feb-04-16 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Florida businessman has pleaded guilty to charges he embezzled nearly $1 million from the bankruptcy estate for a company that operated more than two dozen Popeyes fast-food restaurants in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
- 200K Undiscovered SC grant to rehabilitate freedman's home Updated: Feb-04-16 12:19 pm
BLUFFTON, South Carolina - A South Carolina effort to attract tourists to less-visited areas of the state will help preserve a freedman's cottage in Beaufort County.
- Shipping container homes coming to Boise area this spring Updated: Feb-03-16 1:06 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A neighborhood of homes built from old shipping containers is planned for a city near Boise.
- Foundation: Kensington decorative furnishings head to Seneca Updated: Feb-02-16 12:27 pm
SUMTER, South Carolina - A South Carolina foundation's collection of antique furnishings once shown at Kensington Mansion in Eastover is being sent to museums in Seneca and Columbia.
- Experiments aim to find best way to heat greenhouses Updated: Jan-27-16 5:00 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The power to heat a greenhouse can come from compost and ultimately can help sustain people everywhere, summer and winter.
- Kondo is back with more tidying advice in 'Spark Joy' Updated: Jan-26-16 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Marie Kondo is back.
- Sioux City officials look to protect historic neighborhood Updated: Jan-23-16 4:23 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials are exploring a plan to help protect the historic status of the city's Rose Hill neighborhood.
- Solar company to close its Henderson office, lay off 66 Updated: Jan-22-16 1:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - Premier Solar Solutions has announced it has closed its Henderson office, joining a growing number of residential rooftop solar companies downsizing in Nevada in the wake of bill increases for solar customers.
- Bureaucratic hitch forces community garden to shut down Updated: Jan-22-16 12:54 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A bureaucratic mistake is costing a Springfield neighborhood their community garden.
- East Chicago greenhouse to become organic garden for needy Updated: Jan-22-16 5:02 am
EAST CHICAGO, Indiana - A Hoosier-made aquaponics system for growing organic fruits and vegetables with zero waste will be used to feed the hungry.
- Utahns building farms of the future using aquaponics Updated: Jan-22-16 2:02 am
GRANTSVILLE, Utah - The temperature outside says it is winter, but inside the Stapley greenhouse in Tooele County, it feels - and looks - like spring.
- Portland to host second major flower show in 2017 Updated: Jan-21-16 5:27 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say the city of Portland is poised to host two major flower shows in the coming years.
- In Tech: Minecraft for schools, Amazon Dash, data encryption Updated: Jan-20-16 8:22 pm
Microsoft is buying the educational version of Minecraft and has plans to create a bigger and better version of the popular world-building video game that's designed for classrooms.
- Christmas ornaments sold by QVC recalled for causing cuts Updated: Jan-20-16 2:51 pm
NEW YORK - Christmas ornaments sold on home shopping network QVC are being recalled after customers said they cut themselves on the aluminum ornaments and needed stitches.
- US housing starts slip in December, but annual gains solid Updated: Jan-20-16 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - US builders started fewer homes in December, but prior gains meant that residential construction ended 2015 at its healthiest level in eight years.