- Clashes, oil blockades over France's economic future Updated: May-26-16 2:28 pm
PARIS - Volley after volley of tear gas poisoned the Paris air Thursday, as authorities struggled against nationwide strikes and a groundswell of public anger at a high-stakes government attempt to change the way France views work.
- The Latest: Determining cause of power outage may take days Updated: May-25-16 6:01 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on a power outage affecting downtown Seattle (all times local):
- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- Portions of metropolitan Denver's light rail down for repair Updated: May-21-16 5:47 pm
DENVER - Portions of metropolitan Denver's light rail system are closed for maintenance this weekend.
- Metro-North Railroad in New York to resume normal service Updated: May-19-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Metro-North Railroad said it was resuming normal service Friday after completing temporary repairs to a section of an elevated track in New York City that was damaged in a fire.
- The Latest: Railroad to resume normal service after fire Updated: May-19-16 6:29 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on Metro-North Railroad service in New York following a fire (all times local):
- Construction disrupts service on Newburyport/Rockport line Updated: May-14-16 9:23 am
BOSTON - Construction activity is causing the suspension of commuter rail service this weekend on the Newburyport/Rockport Line in both directions between Beverly Depot and North Station.
- Amtrak car goes off tracks in southern Arkansas, no injuries Updated: May-10-16 3:16 pm
MALVERN, Arkansas - An Amtrak train headed for San Antonio is delayed after the wheels of one car left the track in southern Arkansas.
- Longtime restaurant in historic Bismarck depot closes Updated: May-10-16 12:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A popular Mexican restaurant in an historic railroad depot in Bismarck has closed, but two new restaurants will be opening at the site.
- Small fire disabled train delays 3 Metro lines Updated: May-09-16 8:33 am
WASHINGTON - Metro says a train that became disabled while testing tracks after a small track fire is causing delays on three lines in southeast Washington.
- BART trains resume after man arrested for fake gun Updated: May-09-16 1:41 am
SAN LEANDRO, California - Police say Bay Area Rapid Transit trains are recovering from delays after a man entered a station with a fake gun.
- Amtrak service restored in Northeast after power outage Updated: May-06-16 9:03 pm
NEW YORK - Amtrak says service has been restored along the busy Northeast corridor between New York City and New Haven, Connecticut after being suspended for nearly two hours because of a power outage.
- DC's subway to endure year of shutdowns and slowdowns Updated: May-06-16 1:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington's beleaguered subway system will endure a year of rolling shutdowns and slowdowns in an effort to catch up on maintenance and improve safety and reliability.
- Metro-North worker injured in Greenwich, trains delayed Updated: May-05-16 3:06 pm
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A Metro-North worker has suffered a minor injury after an accident on the tracks involving a piece of construction equipment.
- Man atop train in San Jose fouling up morning commute Updated: May-05-16 10:18 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say service on a light rail system south of San Francisco is severely delayed Thursday morning due to an overnight standoff with a man who climbed on top of a train and has refused to come down.
- Federal reports detail track problems overlooked by Metro Updated: May-01-16 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Reports show officials halted rail traffic or lowered train speeds at several locations across Washington's subway system last month after federal inspectors discovered problems with the tracks that had gone overlooked.
- Residents upset after stopped train delays response to fire Updated: Apr-28-16 7:58 am
NEW BOSTON, Michigan - Residents of a southeastern Michigan community are upset after stopped train delayed crews from responding to a fire.