- Arkansas highway commission approves bid for interchanges Updated: Jul-28-15 11:19 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway Commission has approved a $1.8 million bid for improvements to 25 interchanges on several highways in seven counties.
- 'Megaload' to slow traffic along Ga. interstates, highways Updated: Jul-27-15 3:26 pm
WHITE, Georgia - Officials say traffic in several parts of the state could be slowed or stopped while a large piece of machinery is hauled to northwest Georgia.
- Cash flies out of armored van during rush hour on I-85 Updated: Jul-27-15 2:05 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - State troopers say the door of an armored van flew open on Interstate 85 near Greenville, sending a cloud of cash toward rush-hour drivers.
- 2 killed, 1 injured in accident on I-17 in north Phoenix Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
PHOENIX - An accident involving a tractor-trailer rig and a van killed two people and clogged traffic on a major Phoenix freeway during the Monday morning commute.
- SD DOT: Pavement repairs set to begin on I-229 this week Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is starting road repairs in Sioux Falls on I-229 heading south between the Benson Road interchange and the Louise Avenue interchange.
- Study: Bismarck-area I-94 corridor needs $243M in road work Updated: Jul-26-15 1:04 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A new study shows that about $243 million in road improvement projects is needed to alleviate traffic on the Interstate 94 corridor in the Bismarck area through 2040.
- Freeway in California partially reopens after bridge damage Updated: Jul-24-15 7:10 pm
DESERT CENTER, California - A 50 mile-stretch of a vital California interstate linking Los Angeles and Phoenix partially reopened Friday after flash flooding damaged several bridges last weekend.
- Desert city capitalizes as highway collapse diverts drivers Updated: Jul-23-15 1:53 pm
Yvonne Peach was up late posting a new special on the website for her historic Yuma hotel.
- Yuma capitalizing on drivers diverted from I-10 collapse Updated: Jul-23-15 1:42 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Yvonne Peach was up late posting a new special on the website for her historic Yuma hotel.
- Deteriorating pavement closes part of Indiana highway Updated: Jul-23-15 9:26 am
ELIZABETH, Indiana - State road crews have closed a portion of a southern Indiana highway that leads to a casino because of deteriorating pavement along the Ohio River roadway.
- Improvements to Interstate 630 to force lane closures Updated: Jul-23-15 3:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says improvements to Interstate 630 will require overnight lane closures in the Little Rock area.
- Report: Speed caused 27 percent of La. traffic death in 2013 Updated: Jul-22-15 11:17 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A new report finds speeding was a factor in at least 27 percent of Louisiana traffic fatalities in 2013.
- Agency: No plans to switch median barriers after I-5 pileup Updated: Jul-21-15 7:53 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington Department of Transportation said Tuesday it has no immediate plans to switch from cable to concrete median barriers along a stretch of Interstate 5 where a dump truck carrying gravel plowed into oncoming traffic over the weekend.
- State police appeals ruling over traffic crash reports Updated: Jul-21-15 4:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police agency has appealed a judge's ruling that found it had been redacting too much information from traffic crash reports it released to the general public.
- Bridge collapse causes lengthy detours, could impact prices Updated: Jul-21-15 3:08 pm
PHOENIX - Truckers are traveling farther to transport commercial loads following the collapse of a bridge on Interstate 10, a change that could impact prices.
- Cow wanders onto Farrington Highway - again Updated: Jul-21-15 2:08 pm
HONOLULU - Police have responded to a loose cow causing traffic problems on Farrington Highway -- again.
- Brush fire burns 900 acres in Grant County; I-90 reopens Updated: Jul-21-15 1:22 pm
GEORGE, Washington - State transportation officials say Interstate 90 in Grant County has reopened in both directions Tuesday morning.
- Burned I-70 bridge in central Ohio reopens ahead of schedule Updated: Jul-21-15 7:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Interstate 70 bridge in central Ohio that closed after being scorched in a tanker truck fire weeks ago has been repaired ahead of schedule.
- US Highway 2 reopened near Monroe after brush fire closure Updated: Jul-20-15 9:07 pm
MONROE, Washington - A brush fire briefly closed U.S. Highway 2 in both directions near Monroe Monday afternoon.
- Planned bridge closure concerns east Arkansas residents Updated: Jul-20-15 4:43 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Some West Memphis residents say they're concerned over plans to temporarily close a bridge in 2017 that serves as one of two main crossings between the city and neighboring Memphis, Tennessee.
- Arizona reopens I-10 section closed due to bridge collapse Updated: Jul-20-15 4:19 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials say westbound traffic on Interstate 10 is once again crossing into California but that there's still a closure and detours in southeastern California due to a bridge collapse in that state.
- Driver killed in fiery crash on I-10 in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-20-15 12:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Interstate 10 in mid-city Los Angeles has reopened following a fiery multiple-vehicle crash that killed a driver and forced the closure of all eastbound lanes.
- Stalled construction machine causes East Bay traffic jam Updated: Jul-20-15 12:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - California Highway Patrol is working to clear a traffic jam at the Dublin interchange of Interstates 580 and 680 that was caused by a stalled construction machine.
- Goose snarls Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel traffic Updated: Jul-20-15 8:23 am
HAMPTON, Virginia - A goose on the loose created a headache for Hampton Roads motorists.
- California freeway bridge collapses, blocking Ariz. traffic Updated: Jul-20-15 2:01 am
LOS ANGELES - An elevated section of Interstate 10 collapsed Sunday amid heavy rains in the California desert, injuring one driver, stranding many others, and halting travel for thousands by cutting off both directions of a main corridor between Southern California and Arizona.