- State police plan stepped-up Memorial Day weekend patrols Updated: May-26-16 10:07 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police are planning stepped-up traffic enforcement for the Memorial Day weekend.
- Southern California lawsuit claims toll roads poorly marked Updated: May-26-16 9:57 am
SANTA ANA, California - A California man has filed a federal lawsuit against the Transportation Corridor Agencies claiming the system's cashless toll roads are poorly marked, leading to unfair fines.
- Maryland to seek tech solutions to reduce I-270 gridlock Updated: May-26-16 6:18 am
WASHINGTON - Maryland is looking for new high-tech ways to reduce gridlock on one of the most congested highways in the Washington suburbs.
- Suspect in shootings on Phoenix-area highway had body armor Updated: May-25-16 9:55 pm
FOUNTAIN HILLS, Arizona - A gunman armed with a rifle, body armor and extra ammunition opened fire on vehicles on a highway in the Phoenix outskirts, leaving at least two people injured before police captured him near a stolen car that crashed into a ditch, authorities said Wednesday.
- Report: Vermont troopers more likely to search black drivers Updated: May-25-16 8:53 pm
SOUTH ROYALTON, Vermont - Black drivers stopped by Vermont State Police were five times more likely to be searched than white drivers, even though contraband was more likely to be found when white motorists were searched, according to a report on five years of traffic-stop data.
- The Latest: Report: Black drivers more likely to be searched Updated: May-25-16 8:42 pm
SOUTH ROYALTON, Vermont - The Latest on a report on five years of traffic-stop data collected by Vermont State Police (all times local):
- State to look at fining truckers who use tricky Vermont road Updated: May-25-16 3:10 am
CAMBRIDGE, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin's administration says staff will look at a plan to levy hefty fines against tractor-trailer drivers who unlawfully try to take a northern Vermont road known for ensnaring large trucks.
- Upstate NY city's sinkhole saga ends after 5 years, $7.5M Updated: May-24-16 6:43 am
KINGSTON, New York - After five years and more than $7.5 million, traffic is moving again on a stretch of a street in a Hudson Valley city that was closed by a sinkhole.
- Police kill man after near-carjacking in Flagstaff, Arizona Updated: May-23-16 9:52 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A man who brandished and fired a handgun while walking near the Northern Arizona University campus was killed by police Monday in a shootout after he tried to carjack a vehicle in a busy intersection, authorities said.
- I-80 reopened in Reno after semi-trailer overturned Updated: May-23-16 6:31 pm
RENO, Nevada - All lanes of U.S. Interstate 80 have reopened on the edge of downtown Reno after a semi-trailer truck hauling thousands of watermelons overturned and made a mess of the morning commute.
- Government favors open hearing in bridge co-conspirator case Updated: May-23-16 5:48 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Unsealed filings in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case released Monday show federal prosecutors sided with media organizations in seeking a public hearing for an unidentified person trying to block the publication of a list of unindicted co-conspirators.
- Slain motorist's 13 children get $218,000 each in settlement Updated: May-23-16 4:16 pm
CINCINNATI - Each of the 13 children of a black motorist killed by a white University of Cincinnati police officer during a traffic stop for a minor violation will receive nearly $218,000 as part of a wrongful death settlement, a judge ruled Monday.
- Southbound I-5 near Marysville to be closed early Tuesday Updated: May-23-16 1:45 pm
MARYSVILLE, Washington - The Washington State Department of Transportation says southbound I-5 near Marysville will be closed early Tuesday for overpass work.
- Fatal log truck crash closes Sunset Highway near Banks Updated: May-23-16 11:55 am
BANKS, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation says a fatal log truck crash closed Highway 26 early Monday morning, near the intersection with Highway 47. Authorities say at least one person died in the crash.
- Officers chase geese off freeway as fast as they can waddle Updated: May-23-16 9:19 am
OAKLAND, California - California Highway Patrol officers say they recently led "the world's slowest pursuit" on Interstate 80 near Oakland.
- Widening Interstate 10, expect delays for 2 years Updated: May-23-16 6:47 am
OCEAN SPRING, Mississippi - The next two years will be a challenge for drivers and construction workers as Interstate 10 is widened from four lanes to six between Ocean Springs and Vancleave.
- Kansas trooper avoids injury after car hits patrol vehicle Updated: May-22-16 7:23 pm
MOUNDRIDGE, Kansas - A Kansas Highway Patrol trooper avoided injury after a car hit his parked patrol vehicle while he was helping a disabled motorist on a busy interstate highway.
- Spanish priest pleads for divine intervention to repair road Updated: May-22-16 3:22 pm
MADRID - A Spanish priest says he has given up hope that local authorities in his parish of Xestoso in the northwest of the country will fix the potholes in the roads so he has asked for divine intervention.
- Phoenix police officer hurt in motorcycle-vehicle collision Updated: May-22-16 1:59 pm
PHOENIX - Two people suffered minor injuries after a Phoenix police motorcycle officer collided with a car blocking freeway traffic.
- Northwest Ohio I-75 drivers face summer of detours Updated: May-22-16 12:29 pm
PERRYSBURG, Ohio - Motorists who travel on northbound Interstate 75 in northwest Ohio are facing a summer of detours.
- Spring storm drops rain in parts of Northern California Updated: May-22-16 12:55 am
TRUCKEE, California - A spring storm dropped rain in parts of Northern California on Saturday afternoon, but it was less severe than the one a day earlier that dumped up to 13 inches of snow on a Sierra Nevada highway and hit the Sacramento area lightning, winds gusting to 40 mph and dime-sized hail.
- Bridge repairs, pavement work set for Nebraska Highway 66 Updated: May-21-16 6:33 pm
ASHLAND, Nebraska - Construction work is scheduled to begin the week of May 30 for state Highway 66 near the Mahoney interchange on Interstate 80 in eastern Nebraska.
- Interstate 29 ramp in Sioux City to permanently close Updated: May-21-16 11:02 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The southbound Interstate 29 off-ramp to Nebraska Street in Sioux City is set to close permanently.
- State to finish remediation on farm causing dust storms Updated: May-20-16 5:36 pm
PHOENIX - The state of Arizona this weekend is slated to finish adding a chemical stabilizer to a farm that's caused several dust storms that shut down Interstate 10, sending drivers near the New Mexico state line on a long detour.
- The Latest: Eastbound I-10 reopens after closure in Buckeye Updated: May-20-16 1:34 pm
BUCKEYE, Arizona - The Latest on a closure of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix (all times local):