- Former Atlanta money manager pleads guilty to $35M scheme Updated: May-27-16 4:38 am
ATLANTA - The former head of an Atlanta money management firm has pleaded guilty to conspiring with a former business partner to defraud investors of more than $35 million through a fraud scheme.
- Many opt to take Social Security before full retirement age Updated: May-26-16 4:11 pm
CHICAGO - Taking Social Security benefits early comes with a price, yet more than 4 in 10 Americans who are 50 and over say they'll dip into the program before reaching full retirement age.
- To love, honor and share a credit card statement Updated: May-25-16 1:08 pm
It's wedding season and as many couples get ready to say their vows, they may want to have a talk about fidelity - financial fidelity.
- Florida cost for opposing gay marriage? $213,000 and rising Updated: May-24-16 6:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida is going to pay at least $213,000 for its losing battle to keep intact a voter-approved ban on gay marriage.
- Americans have disparate access to retirement plans Updated: May-24-16 11:02 am
Americans who want to retire may face very unequal paths to get there depending on where they live.
- The cost of an overdose in Massachusetts Updated: May-23-16 10:14 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - It all starts with a $20 to $30 purchase.
- County to start spreading unclaimed ashes of indigents Updated: May-22-16 6:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri medical examiner plans to start spreading the ashes of unclaimed indigent remains in a local cemetery instead of keeping them in his office.
- Wedding planner accused of taking thousands, making no plans Updated: May-18-16 11:03 am
KEY WEST, Florida - A Florida Keys wedding planner faces grand theft and fraud charges after two couples complained she took their money but didn't plan their weddings.
- House panel votes on party lines for Republican pension bill Updated: May-17-16 7:11 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Republican plan to help address Pennsylvania's massive pension debt moved out of a legislative committee on Tuesday, putting a divisive and expensive problem on the table as budget talks are about to pick up steam.
- Massachusetts families grapple with rising college costs Updated: May-17-16 4:35 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Growing up next to the beckoning gleam of the city's colleges, Rose Molina's daughter envisioned herself going to one of those schools one day. "It was one of the things she'd talk about when she was very young," she said.
- Ex-financial planner forced from 6 firms charged with fraud Updated: May-12-16 6:08 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A former Pennsylvania financial planner who worked at 11 investment firms and was ousted from at least six of them has been charged with defrauding investors through the sale of high-risk investment products.
- Voters asked to sign off on lower police pension raises Updated: May-11-16 8:57 pm
PHOENIX - Voters are being asked to sign off on a major part of a police and firefighter pension system overhaul in next week's special election that was enacted by the Arizona Legislature earlier this year.
- MetLife fined $20M for variable annuities switches Updated: May-03-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - MetLife has been fined $20 million by Wall Street's policing body for misleading customers in switching them from variable annuities contracts into more expensive ones.