- former Wyoming star Nance finds niche with LA Lakers Updated: Feb-12-16 9:43 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - It's mid-January and Larry Nance Jr. is the last player in the visiting team's locker room at Golden State's Oracle Arena.
- Indiana News Digest Updated: Feb-12-16 12:00 am
Here's a look at AP's Indiana news coverage at 12 a.m.
- Purdue AD Burke announces plans to retire in July 2017 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:51 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University says athletic director Morgan Burke has announced plans to retire in July 2017.
- North Carolina's NCAA academic case stuck in holding pattern Updated: Feb-10-16 8:41 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's long-running academic fraud scandal case seems stuck in procedural limbo.
- US adds Blazers' Lillard to Olympic basketball roster pool Updated: Feb-10-16 4:02 pm
Portland guard Damian Lillard has been added to the U.S. national basketball team pool, giving the Americans 31 players for 12 spots.
- Mississippi tops Vanderbilt 85-78 behind Moody's 23 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:21 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi guard Stefan Moody smiled in the postgame press conference and would not respond when questioned about the severity and pain from a nagging groin injury.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California hired Pat Haden to guide its storied athletic department through the toughest time in its history.
- New Rutgers athletic director inherits program at low point Updated: Feb-04-16 12:41 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers' new athletic director is unsparing when asked how he plans to turn around a program after a series of embarrassing developments on and off the field.
- Morgan State student fatally stabbed at off-campus housing Updated: Feb-02-16 4:32 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Police say a Morgan State University student was fatally stabbed in an off-campus student housing complex.
- AP sources: Warde Manuel agrees to be Michigan's AD Updated: Jan-27-16 11:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Warde Manuel has agreed to be Michigan's next athletic director, according to two people familiar with the situation.
- American Pharoah is named Kentucky Sportsman of the Year Updated: Jan-26-16 9:44 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup Classic champion American Pharoah is Kentucky Sportsman of the Year, the first horse to win in the award's 35-year history.
- Arkansas associate AD named to panel on NCAA governance Updated: Jan-25-16 3:19 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says a senior associate athletic director is joining a Southeastern Conference group reviewing compliance with NCAA regulations and how the NCAA operates.
- Snowstorm postpones 2 NHL games, strands 2 college teams Updated: Jan-23-16 9:48 pm
NEW YORK - A blizzard socking the Eastern United States disrupted the sports schedule Saturday for a second day, forcing the postponement of two more NHL games and several college basketball games and stranding two college teams on the snow-choked Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- Stranded motorists dug out of snow on Pennsylvania Turnpike Updated: Jan-23-16 9:27 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Snowbound college athletes and teenage parishioners spent a night stranded in a miles-long backup on the Pennsylvania Turnpike with hundreds of other motorists, munching on snacks and watching movies to pass the time, before National Guard members and heavy construction equipment began digging vehicles out Saturday.
- Longtime Winthrop AD Tom Hickman announces plans to retire Updated: Jan-21-16 12:24 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Longtime Winthrop athletic director Tom Hickman has announced his retirement after two decades leading Eagle sports.
- Missouri State defeats Drake 79-70 behind Miller's 23 points Updated: Jan-20-16 10:41 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Dequon Miller scored 23 points with four 3-pointers and Missouri State erupted for 50 second-half points to beat Drake 79-70 on Wednesday night.
- Rutgers University plans to raise $100M for sports venues Updated: Jan-20-16 8:55 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers University has announced plans to raise $100 million for new or expanded athletic facilities.