- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its athletic program Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
More than a decade ago, Baylor was at the center of a sordid scandal involving murder and drugs, leading to some of the harshest penalties the NCAA has ever doled out.
- Police investigate Minnesota wrestlers amid drug allegations Updated: May-26-16 1:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota police department is investigating allegations that several Golden Gophers wrestlers have been involved in selling and using drugs.
- C-USA agrees to TV deals with 4 networks, including ESPN Updated: May-25-16 11:32 am
IRVING, Texas - Conference USA has reached a multiyear agreement to have its football and basketball games and other sports televised by four networks, including ESPN.
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years Updated: May-23-16 7:16 pm
DENTON, Texas - North Texas athletic director Rick Villarreal is stepping down after 16 years, a tenure marked by persistent instability in the football program despite the building of a new stadium.
- Fired Weis was Notre Dame's highest-paid coach in 2014-15 Updated: May-19-16 4:08 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Charlie Weis remained the highest-paid coach on Notre Dame's payroll last year despite being fired in 2009.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: May-19-16 1:50 pm
The Free Press of Mankato, May 18
- Syracuse University appoints Daniel French interim AD Updated: May-19-16 11:39 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse University has appointed Daniel French as interim athletic director.
- SDSU working on 3-year contracts for 3 coaches and AD Updated: May-16-16 11:45 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota State University is finalizing the first multi-year contracts it has ever been able to offer coaches.
- ACC: LGBT law could affect whether NC hosts league events Updated: May-12-16 6:40 pm
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida - A North Carolina law that critics say can allow discrimination against members of the LGBT community could impact whether the state hosts Atlantic Coast Conference championship events.
- Minnesota picks Mark Coyle from Syracuse as AD Updated: May-11-16 8:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mark Coyle was the athletic director at Syracuse for about 10 1/2 months, leaving the school with an opening for a second straight year.
- 33 years later, NC State championship team meets president Updated: May-09-16 3:36 pm
WASHINGTON - North Carolina State University's victorious 1983 men's basketball team finally got its day at the White House on Monday. Older but no less happy, team members debated with President Barack Obama whether the famous, game-winning dunk came after a shot or pass.
- At Illinois, Smith breaks ground he's broken before Updated: Apr-30-16 2:32 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - When he took over the Chicago Bears in 2004 and again this spring when Illinois hired him, Lovie Smith broke new ground that came with his title. In each case, he was the team's first black head coach.