- Buffalo Sabres, cancer center launch prevention campaign Updated: Feb-04-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres and an upstate cancer center have announced a partnership aimed at helping hockey fans prevent and detect cancer.
- Mental illness proves tough, costly to fight Updated: Feb-03-16 2:06 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - As she pulled into the Force Road suburb, Trish Simonson felt her mother's intuition kick in.
- Ashland seeks to start needle drive to combat Hepatitis C Updated: Feb-02-16 1:21 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - The Ashland-Boyd County Health Department is planning a needle-exchange program to prevent the further spread of Hepatitis C in the area.
- Sunland Park racing suspended because of equine virus Updated: Jan-26-16 10:35 am
EL PASO, Texas - A horse racing track near the border of New Mexico and Texas has been shut down for at least two weeks to prevent the spread of a disease.
- Report shows NY hospital infection rate decreasing Updated: Jan-21-16 5:09 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's Health Department reports the rate of hospital-acquired infections declined again in 2014.
- 1 new tuberculosis disease case confirmed in rural Alabama Updated: Jan-21-16 11:46 am
MARION, Alabama - Public health officials say another case of tuberculosis has been confirmed amid an outbreak in rural Alabama that has killed three people since 2011.