- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 2:47 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo. Repole would regale any and all about growing up in Queens, New York, near Aqueduct, heading the track after school, making bets, loving horses.
- Keeneland has provided a training option for Derby hopefuls Updated: Apr-29-16 3:10 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - While the path to the Kentucky Derby has wound through Florida, New York, California and other places, some hopefuls have found a quiet little stopover down the road from Churchill Downs at Keeneland.
- $1M bonus offered to horse sweeping 3 races in California Updated: Apr-28-16 12:27 pm
DEL MAR, California - A $1 million bonus is being offered to a horse that sweeps this year's Pacific Classic, Awesome Again Stakes and the Breeders' Cup Classic, a trio of Grade 1 Southern California races.
- Breeders' Cup to return to Churchill Downs in 2018 Updated: Apr-25-16 12:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Breeders' Cup is returning to its old Kentucky home at Churchill Downs.
- Ogden Mills Phipps, owner and horse racing giant, dies at 75 Updated: Apr-07-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Ogden Mills "Dinny" Phipps, a prominent thoroughbred owner and breeder whose stable produced 2013 Kentucky Derby winner Orb, has died. He was 75.