- Boise halts renovation on complex that forced refugees out Updated: May-01-16 4:02 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The city of Boise has halted the remodel of an apartment complex that formerly housed mostly refugees because the owners do not have the proper permits.
- HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' is must see TV for its growing fan base Updated: Apr-25-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - With all the joking and hamming for the camera that Chip Gaines does on "Fixer Upper," it's hard to believe that he initially was the shy half of the husband-and-wife duo that's garnered huge fans and ratings for HGTV.
- Vermont House recognizes group that restores lost medals Updated: Apr-22-16 12:24 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont House has recognized an organization that's dedicated to helping reunite lost Purple Hearts and other military decorations with the servicemen and women who earned them, or their relatives or other appropriate groups.
- Chatham County couple sues TV show over home renovation Updated: Apr-18-16 3:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Chatham County couple is suing the producers of a popular home improvement television show, saying the contractors actually revealed more problems after they finished their work.
- Efforts begin to restore President Harding's home in Ohio Updated: Apr-18-16 12:44 pm
MARION, Ohio - Fundraising efforts have begun to restore President Warren G. Harding's home and build a 15,000-square-foot presidential center at the property by 2020.
- Cole Porter's birthplace in northern Indiana needs facelift Updated: Apr-11-16 4:15 pm
PERU, Indiana - Efforts are underway in the northern Indiana city of Peru to spruce up the two-story wooden house where composer Cole Porter was born in 1891.
- As housing market soars, poorest renters are priced out Updated: Apr-10-16 3:05 am
BREMERTON, Washington - Crystal Turner stood in the kitchen of her cramped apartment and stared at the cracks in the fake wood flooring beneath her feet.
- Bob Vila sues Illinois man over false representation Updated: Apr-08-16 3:52 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Television home renovation expert Bob Vila is suing an Illinois public relations specialist whom he claims falsely purported to represent him to sell celebrity endorsement rights to promoters of Midwest home improvement shows.
- EXCHANGE: Volunteers aid woman paralyzed in shelter collapse Updated: Apr-08-16 5:01 am
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - Tony Barajas paused to consider why he volunteered his drywall skills to help make a house accessible for a stranger, a Lake County woman who was paralyzed when an O'Hare International Airport pedestrian shelter collapsed on her during a storm last summer.