- Grizzlies announce David Fizdale as their new coach Updated: May-29-16 4:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Grizzlies have hired another first-time head coach, and general manager Chris Wallace thinks David Fizdale's resume working with the Miami Heat has him primed to continue Memphis' recent success
- Thompson's 41 points, 11 3s save Golden State's season Updated: May-29-16 1:31 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Stephen Curry turned things over to Klay Thompson, and his Splash Brother delivered.
- Free agency beckoning, DeRozan sounds happy with Raptors Updated: May-28-16 5:48 pm
TORONTO - For a guy about to hit free agency for the first time, DeMar DeRozan doesn't sound as if he's looking for a change of scenery.
- Raptors' Biyombo faces Game 7 suspension after flagrant foul Updated: May-27-16 9:34 pm
TORONTO - Raptors center Bismack Biyombo faces a suspension for a potential Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals after picking up a flagrant foul in the first quarter of Game 6 on Friday night.
- AP Source: Rockets, D'Antoni agree on 4-year deal Updated: May-26-16 11:33 pm
Mike D'Antoni is taking his "Seven Seconds or Less" offense to Houston, where James Harden is waiting to give his new coach the kind of weapon that could be a perfect fit for his system.
- Raptors counting on home court for advantage against Cavs Updated: May-26-16 7:04 pm
TORONTO - To keep their season alive, the Toronto Raptors are counting on a home-court advantage that saved them before.
- Tough Love: Cavs' Kevin Love bounces back bigtime in Game 5 Updated: May-26-16 6:26 pm
CLEVELAND - As the shots dropped, the score widened and the head-banging Cleveland crowd screamed louder, threatening to rip off the arena's roof, Kevin Love raised his arms and gestured for fans to do more.
- It's been a blowout-filled NBA postseason so far Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
MIAMI - James Jones was taking a shot in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals, and the crew calling the game on television was instead talking about James Evans.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- CBS is most popular network for eighth season in a row Updated: May-24-16 4:15 pm
NEW YORK - CBS will finish the television season as the nation's most popular television network for the eighth consecutive year, and win among the youthful demographic sought by advertisers for only the third time since modern record-keeping began in the 1980s.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Valanciunas active for Game 4 of Conference Finals Updated: May-23-16 7:40 pm
TORONTO - Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas is active for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland on Monday night, but will not start against the Cavaliers.
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach Updated: May-23-16 3:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - It hasn't been the offseason new Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel was expecting.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach Updated: May-20-16 5:56 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - After agreeing to a deal with Frank Vogel on Thursday, the Orlando Magic completed a whirlwind eight days by formally announcing their new head coach.
- Tyronn Lue has perfect coaching touch for unbeaten Cavaliers Updated: May-20-16 4:08 pm
CLEVELAND - The perfect coach plopped down in his seat at the podium, his face a mixture of exhaustion and exultation.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday Updated: May-19-16 11:16 pm
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach Updated: May-18-16 9:53 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks want Jeff Hornacek as their next coach.
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors Updated: May-18-16 6:48 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Kyrie Irving dribbled behind his back and then behind his back again, leaving Toronto's Cory Joseph grasping at air.
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- We The Ignored: Raptors, mayor upset over team's online snub Updated: May-17-16 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - These Raptors want to make it clear they are not extinct.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension Updated: May-16-16 10:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Terry Stotts, who coached the Portland Trail Blazers to the second round of the playoffs, has agreed to a three-year contract extension, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations.
- Capsule preview of the Cavaliers-Raptors East finals Updated: May-16-16 3:12 pm
- Raptors center Valanciunas out for Game 1 against Cavaliers Updated: May-16-16 1:30 pm