- Aspen mountain will offer skiing on Memorial Day weekend Updated: May-24-16 1:42 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Colorado's Aspen Mountain will open for skiing and snowboarding on Memorial Day weekend.
- Hit the Road Jack: Record travel in Carolinas expected Updated: May-23-16 11:59 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A record number of motorists from the Carolinas are expected to head out on the highway for the start of the summer season this Memorial Day weekend with gas prices the lowest in more than a decade.
- Bangladesh avoids high death toll with cyclone evacuation Updated: May-23-16 3:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Tens of thousands of Bangladeshis returned Monday to wind-battered villages and rain-soaked fields after a strong storm pummeled the coast and killed at least 26 people over the weekend.
- Tornado reported near South Dakota-Nebraska border Updated: May-22-16 9:15 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Severe storms are bringing heavy rain, hail and high winds to parts of the Great Plains, and at least one tornado was reported in South Dakota near the Nebraska border.
- Severe weather possible in parts of Oklahoma, Arkansas Updated: May-22-16 2:01 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Weather forecasters say there's a chance of severe weather in parts of Oklahoma and Arkansas during the upcoming work week.
- Death toll from weeklong storms in Sri Lanka rises to 92 Updated: May-22-16 12:01 pm
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - The death toll from landslides and floods in Sri Lanka as a result of weeklong heavy storms has risen to 92, officials said Sunday.
- Spring storm drops rain in parts of Northern California Updated: May-22-16 12:55 am
TRUCKEE, California - A spring storm dropped rain in parts of Northern California on Saturday afternoon, but it was less severe than the one a day earlier that dumped up to 13 inches of snow on a Sierra Nevada highway and hit the Sacramento area lightning, winds gusting to 40 mph and dime-sized hail.
- The Latest: Storm could return with snow in Sierra Nevada Updated: May-21-16 11:48 am
TRUCKEE, California - The Latest on storms that hit Northern California (all times local):
- Western Indian state tries to cope with record heat wave Updated: May-21-16 10:28 am
NEW DELHI - Authorities in a parched western Indian state sprinkled water in the streets and awaited the arrival of a special water train on Saturday, two days after temperatures reached a record-high 51 degrees Celsius (124 Fahrenheit).
- Strong storm kills 8, leaves 4 missing in southern China Updated: May-21-16 6:16 am
BEIJING - At least eight people were killed and another four went missing in a strong storm that hammered a southern Chinese city, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.
- Small craft advisory issued for New Jersey coast Updated: May-20-16 4:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Forecasters are warning boaters along New Jersey's coast to prepare for potentially hazardous conditions.
- Californians navigate changing tide of drought rules Updated: May-19-16 2:37 pm
IRVINE, California - California's decision to let local entities regulate how much water people use has residents hoping their bills will get a little more manageable and their yards a little less ugly.
- Dry winter means more dust storm danger in Arizona, beyond Updated: May-18-16 3:50 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - It's that time of year in the Southwest - and as far as Alaska - when dust storms take shape, raising health and safety risks as plumes of dirt take to the sky.
- Oregon county says no to Nestle water-bottling plant Updated: May-18-16 12:56 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Voters in an Oregon county imposed a ban on commercial water bottling on Tuesday, killing a plan in which Nestle would have built a water-bottling plant in the job-scarce town of Cascade Locks in the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
- 64 killed by lightning across Bangladesh, reports say Updated: May-14-16 9:08 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - More than 60 people have been killed by lightning over the past two days during tropical storms across Bangladesh, local media said Saturday.
- Montana officials defend stand in School Choice battle Updated: May-13-16 11:30 am
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Department of Revenue defended its exclusion of religious schools in the state's School Choice program, saying that it was on sound legal footing in denying tax credits for donations to private scholarship funds later used at faith-based schools.
- UN paints bleak picture of stagnating world economy Updated: May-12-16 6:44 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations lowered its forecast for the world economy on Thursday, painting a bleak picture of stagnating growth with little prospect for a turnaround this year.
- Dozens killed in Ethiopia landslides, flooding amid rains Updated: May-10-16 1:31 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A state-affiliated broadcaster in Ethiopia says at least 50 people have been killed in flooding and landslides triggered by heavy rains.
- Twisters reported amid storms in central Nebraska; no damage Updated: May-08-16 10:39 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says it received reports of tornadoes in central Nebraska amid severe storms but no word of damage or injuries.
- Wild weather in Rocky Mountains pushing into Plains Updated: May-08-16 10:29 pm
DENVER - A large storm that brought a series of tornadoes to eastern Colorado has dumped up to a foot of snow in Wyoming and is bringing severe weather to the Great Plains as it pushes east.
- At least 2 tornadoes as storms break out in Kansas Updated: May-08-16 9:28 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The National Weather Service says severe storms have spawned at least two tornadoes in western Kansas.
- The Latest: Tornadoes cause injuries, damage in Colorado Updated: May-08-16 2:05 am
DENVER - The Latest on weather in Colorado (all times local):
- I-10 reopens after storm closed lanes in Arizona-New Mexico Updated: May-06-16 11:21 pm
SAN SIMON, Arizona - A weather front that produced thunderstorms and strong winds over parts of the West on Friday whipped up dust that once again closed a 62-mile stretch of a major freeway on both sides of the Arizona-New Mexico border for hours.
- Tornado topples trees, snaps power lines near Wilmington Updated: May-06-16 6:54 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says a tornado struck northern New Hanover County, uprooting trees and damaging some homes.
- Wildfires sweep through mountain forests in north India Updated: May-02-16 11:06 am
LUCKNOW, India - Massive wildfires that have killed at least seven people in recent weeks were burning through pine forests in the mountains of northern India on Monday, including parts of two tiger reserves.