- Lemitar shrimp farm to get federal grant to expand marketing Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A shrimp farm in Lemitar is getting a federal grant to expand its marketing efforts across New Mexico.
- Grant will increase local foods in Niagara Falls schools Updated: Nov-22-15 11:05 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Students in Niagara Falls city schools should see more locally grown food in the cafeteria following the award of a federal grant.
- South Carolina awarded federal grant for charter schools Updated: Nov-22-15 6:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina has won a federal grant to open and expand public charter schools that could total $30 million over five years.
- Fargo organization gets $1.5M grant to help fight poverty Updated: Nov-22-15 2:03 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says a Fargo-based group dedicated to fighting poverty is getting a $1.5 million federal grant.
- Ohio schools superintendent seeks to save $71M federal grant Updated: Nov-20-15 11:04 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's schools superintendent has sent a letter to the head of the federal charter schools program in an attempt to save the state's $71 million federal grant for charter schools.
- North Dakota gets fed grants to expand distance learning Updated: Nov-20-15 2:02 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says the state is getting federal grants totaling more than $743,000 to expand education opportunities in rural areas.
- Fort Totten School District getting $3.6M federal grant Updated: Nov-10-15 2:25 am
FORT TOTTEN, North Dakota - The Fort Totten School District is getting a $3.6 million federal grant for a new building.
- Federal grant helping producers form local food hub Updated: Nov-10-15 2:16 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The USDA is giving SDSU Extension a two-year $100,000 federal grant to strengthen local food systems and revitalize rural economies and communities.
- Vermont city among towns seeking to reduce flood damage Updated: Nov-08-15 9:21 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In the nine years Thom Lauzon has been mayor of Barre, the residential area along the Gunners Brook has flooded four times and now the city is preparing to be ready the next time the water rises, a sure thing in an era of more intense storms.
- 3 rural Iowa water get federal grants from USDA Updated: Nov-08-15 5:01 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three projects in rural Iowa will receive federal money to help pay for the upgrades to water and sewer systems.
- Baltimore-DC maglev venture gets $28M federal grant Updated: Nov-07-15 4:19 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The federal government has awarded nearly $28 million in seed money to a private venture that seeks to build a high-speed magnetic-levitation train between Washington and Baltimore.
- Indiana joins multi-state parking system for semitrailers Updated: Nov-06-15 6:19 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A new system will provide semitrailer drivers on Interstates 65, 70 and 94 with current information on safer places to park their rigs than highway ramps and rest area shoulders, an Indiana Department of Transportation spokesman says.
- Michigan tribe awarded $300,000 federal education grant Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - A Michigan-based American Indian tribe is among eight that will receive federal grants to boost their educational programs and develop initiatives for achieving self-determination.
- 2 Oklahoma tribes among 8 receiving federal education grants Updated: Nov-05-15 11:57 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Chickasaw and Muscogee (Creek) nations are among eight tribes selected to receive federal grants for education programs.
- Illinois Innocence Project to focus on Latino outreach Updated: Nov-03-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A University of Illinois Springfield project that investigates wrongful convictions has received a $753,000 federal grant to expand its DNA testing and to increase its outreach to Latino inmates.