- Grant to help Kentucky businesses make overseas sales Updated: Sep-03-15 4:05 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky has received a $400,000 federal grant aimed at helping businesses market their products around the world.
- Bethel homeless shelter receives state grant Updated: Sep-01-15 5:41 am
BETHEL, Alaska - A homeless shelter in Bethel has been awarded state funding even as the Alaska Legislature continues to slash the budget.
- NM auditor questions spending under former border sheriff Updated: Aug-31-15 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A lack of internal controls and oversight in the Dona Ana County Sheriff's Office allowed several officers to alter their hours and claim more than $130,000 in overtime pay from federal funds that were intended for fighting crime along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a state audit.
- Warwick Fire Department awarded nearly $1M in federal grants Updated: Aug-30-15 11:56 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The Warwick Fire Department has been awarded nearly $1 million in federal funding for search and rescue training programs.
- Brenham in line for a federal grant to foster new jobs Updated: Aug-28-15 4:02 pm
BRENHAM, Texas - Brenham is in line for a federal grant of more than $960,000 to help strengthen workforce training and stimulate job creation in the home of Blue Bell ice cream.
- North Dakota's 11 drug task forces awarded federal grant Updated: Aug-28-15 2:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says the 11 narcotic task forces are sharing a federal grant to continue illegal drug-fighting efforts.
- VCU School of Dentistry receives $2.4 million grant Updated: Aug-26-15 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry has received a $2.4 million federal grant.
- Montana settles with CenturyLink on maintenance, broadband Updated: Aug-25-15 6:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana reached a settlement with CenturyLink on Tuesday that requires the telecommunications company to improve maintenance response times and accept a federal grant to expand broadband in the state.
- Beshear: Kentucky to get $2.6 million for cancer screenings Updated: Aug-25-15 2:41 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear has announced Kentucky will get $2.6 million in federal grant money over the next five years to encourage people in Louisville and Appalachia to be screened for colon cancer.
- Rochester receives federal grants to combat lead poisoning Updated: Aug-25-15 6:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Officials say the city of Rochester will receive two federal grants totaling more than $3.6 million to help fight lead poisoning in the area.
- Ruling allows use of federal money to probe voting fraud Updated: Aug-24-15 3:53 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - States are free to use federal grant money intended to improve how elections are run in order to pay for criminal investigations of potential voter fraud, the U.S. Election Assistance Commission has ruled.
- School safety grant program cut in new Indiana budget Updated: Aug-24-15 3:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state grant program aimed at helping Indiana school districts hire police officers and buy safety equipment has less than half the amount of money to give out than when it was started two years ago.
- 3 W.Va. fire departments to receive federal grants Updated: Aug-24-15 2:08 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Three West Virginia fire departments have been awarded federal grants to improve safety and fire prevention operations.
- Report: Mayor used federal grant to buy SUV for his own use Updated: Aug-21-15 9:20 pm
HARVEY, Illinois - A published report says the mayor of a financially struggling Chicago suburb directed a federal grant be used to buy a $51,000 SUV for his own use.
- Chickasaw Nation gets grant for foster grandparent program Updated: Aug-20-15 6:47 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - The Chickasaw Nation of Oklahoma has received the first-ever federal grant to support a foster grandparent program.
- Illinois to award $5M for health insurance outreach Updated: Aug-20-15 4:07 am
CHICAGO - Illinois plans to award $5 million in federal grant money to community groups for consumer outreach during the third annual health insurance enrollment period. Far fewer positions will be funded than before.
- State grant program to help schools buy propane buses Updated: Aug-20-15 3:43 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana is kicking off a grant program for school districts that wish to purchase propane-powered school buses.
- Buffalo, Linton get federal grants for fire protection Updated: Aug-20-15 2:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says fire protection districts in Buffalo and Linton have been awarded grants from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Federal grant funds effort to limit lead ingested by condors Updated: Aug-19-15 9:16 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A nonprofit conservation group is bringing lead-free ammunition to Native American reservations to help reduce toxic levels in condors.
- Federal grants to fight drug abuse aim to help Ohio counties Updated: Aug-19-15 6:44 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government has awarded $265,000 in grants to fight heroin and prescription painkiller abuse in 13 Ohio counties.
- New Mexico airports to share $3.3M in federal grants Updated: Aug-19-15 5:08 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nine airports across New Mexico will share more than $3 million in federal grants for runway expansions and other improvements.
- Over $1.4M to University of Rochester for medical research Updated: Aug-19-15 3:06 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The University of Rochester is getting more than $1.4 million in federal grants for medical research.
- Indianapolis mayor seeks money for police body cameras Updated: Aug-18-15 12:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis' mayor has proposed spending $200,000 to start equipping police officers with body cameras to record their interactions with suspects.
- Kentucky to share federal grant to combat heroin Updated: Aug-18-15 4:13 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Federal drug policy officials have chosen Kentucky to share in a $2.5 million federal grant to help combat the heroin surge in states.
- Colleges get grants for economically disadvantaged students Updated: Aug-17-15 5:04 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two colleges in West Virginia will receive federal grants to help students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds succeed in higher education.