- Audit to include rescinded grant to Sandusky-founded charity Updated: May-24-16 10:12 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's independently elected fiscal watchdog says his audit of a multimillion-dollar state grant program will include a $3 million grant approved but never given to the charity founded by convicted former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
- 3 West Virginia fire departments get federal grants Updated: May-24-16 3:57 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Three West Virginia fire departments will receive more than $887,000 in federal grants for equipment upgrades.
- Ohio police department may stop using helicopter Updated: May-23-16 12:16 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A northwest Ohio police department may have to stop using its helicopter if it can't get enough money to pay for its upcoming mandatory overhaul.
- 2 Kentucky groups get federal grants to help poverty areas Updated: May-22-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A group will receive a $250,000 federal grant to help low-income communities develop businesses and create jobs in eastern Kentucky.
- Schools in Alabama awarded pre-kindergarten grants Updated: May-21-16 12:18 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - More than 150 schools in Alabama received pre-kindergarten grants from the state.
- North Dakota firefighter group getting $392K federal grant Updated: May-18-16 7:03 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says a group representing firefighters is getting a federal grant to support training.
- Off-road vehicle trails could be coming to southern Illinois Updated: May-17-16 10:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources wants to build a series of off-road vehicle trails at the Sahara Woods State Fish and Wildlife Area in southern Illinois.
- New program, St. Landry students take college courses Updated: May-17-16 8:09 am
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - Some St. Landry Parish high school students who wish to enter health or sciences professions and take college courses ahead of graduation could soon have access to federal grants to cover the cost. That's according to a new dual enrollment program announced Monday.
- Oregon college awarded grant for recovery from mass shooting Updated: May-17-16 4:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Umpqua Community College will receive nearly $530,000 in federal money to help it recover from a mass shooting on campus last fall.
- 15 Tennessee communities to receive site development grants Updated: May-17-16 1:18 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Fifteen Tennessee communities have been selected to receive state grants to prepare sites for economic development projects.
- Indianapolis gets federal funds for youth jobs program Updated: May-16-16 10:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis is set to receive $2 million in federal money that will help pay for a summer jobs program for disadvantaged youth.
- Low-income high schoolers to get grants for college courses Updated: May-16-16 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - For the first time, thousands of low-income high-school students in nearly two dozen states will soon be able to get federal grants to take college courses for credit, part of a program the Obama administration plans to begin this summer.
- Detroit summer youth jobs effort gets $2M in federal funding Updated: May-16-16 3:36 pm
DETROIT - Officials say a Detroit summer job program for youth and young adults is getting a $2 million federal grant.
- Pendleton trying to boost second-story development Updated: May-16-16 9:51 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - As street level storefronts in downtown Pendleton have been developed in recently into restaurants, boutiques and salons, most of the second story spaces have remained vacant and unusable.
- North Dakota arts programs get federal grants Updated: May-16-16 9:04 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says the National Endowment for the Arts has awarded grants for North Dakota arts programs.
- Burlington Discover Jazz Fest gets $25,000 Our Town grant Updated: May-16-16 3:29 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington Discover Jazz Fest has been awarded a $25,000 Our Town grant for efforts in blending arts and culture with community revitalization initiatives.
- Distracted driving enforcement leads to added citations Updated: May-09-16 5:48 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State transportation officials say law enforcement officers throughout North Dakota worked more than 400 hours of overtime last month in a campaign meant to deter distracted driving.
- Federal grant will restore passenger rail to western Vermont Updated: May-06-16 8:16 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Amtrak passenger trains could be rolling into the state's largest city in about four years after the final upgrade is completed on a 75-mile stretch of track between Rutland and Burlington, transportation officials said Friday.
- EPA grant will cut pollutants entering Lake Michigan Updated: May-06-16 6:15 am
HOBART, Indiana - A northwest Indiana city is sharing in a $355,000 federal grant that will boost efforts to reduce the amount of pollution-tainted storm runoff that enters Lake Michigan.
- Utah receives $285K for service projects on public lands Updated: May-04-16 6:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah will receive nearly $285,000 from a federal grant program for six service projects on public lands involving children and veterans.
- Trolleys to return to Lincoln with $2 million federal grant Updated: May-04-16 10:19 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln will soon see trolleys again after a more than 70-year absence.
- Southern Idaho domestic violence shelter faces money trouble Updated: May-02-16 3:13 pm
BURLEY, Idaho - A southern Idaho domestic violence shelter is vowing to remain open although it failed to obtain a $200,000 grant.
- Milwaukee applies for $20M grant to extend streetcar Updated: Apr-30-16 4:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - The city of Milwaukee is applying for a $20 million federal grant to extend a planned streetcar north to the new Milwaukee Bucks arena.
- Muskegon steps up fight against blight with new demolitions Updated: Apr-28-16 8:25 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Officials in Muskegon are stepping up the fight against blight with more than a dozen demolitions planned over the coming weeks.
- $50 million sought for Blue Water Bridge plaza expansion Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Transportation is seeking about $50 million in federal grant money to fund the long-delayed expansion of the Blue Water Bridge plaza.