- Kansas vying for $40M federal grant for Wildcat Creek Updated: Aug-01-15 12:53 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas has reached the final phase of a competition for a large federal grant that would be used to ease flooding concerns in the Manhattan area, according to the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Obama to extend college aid grants to some prison inmates Updated: Jul-31-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - More than 20 years after banning prisoners from receiving student aid, some federal and state inmates could be eligible for Pell grant money to take college courses while still behind bars.
- Service providers struggle amid state grant delay Updated: Jul-31-15 1:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage methadone clinic is turning people away as they wait for the state to send its grant award notice for the coming fiscal year.
- Saginaw to get $2M grant to stave off fire department cuts Updated: Jul-30-15 2:23 am
SAGINAW, Michigan - The city of Saginaw says it's getting a roughly $2 million federal grant to help its fire department maintain staffing levels and keep fire stations open.
- Companies can access grants for workplace physical activity Updated: Jul-30-15 2:20 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota businesses interested in enhancing their employees' access to physical activity can now apply for one of 10 state grants.
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah paid off an illegal $1 million campaign loan with federal grants and charitable donations, funneled campaign funds toward his son's student loans and disguised a lobbyist's bribe as payment for a Porsche his TV anchor wife never sold, prosecutors said Wednesday in announcing a racketeering indictment against him.
- Indiana gets federal funding for humanities projects Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana is slated to get roughly $1 million in federal grants that will pay for humanities and arts projects around the state.
- Pilot program to provide federal student aid to prisoners Updated: Jul-29-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - Some federal and state prisoners could soon be eligible for federal student aid to take college courses while behind bars.
- Scientist: Whale deaths off Alaska island remains mystery Updated: Jul-27-15 8:44 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Researchers may never solve the recent deaths of 18 endangered whales whose carcasses were found floating near Alaska's Kodiak Island, a scientist working on the case said Monday.
- MSU gets $5.1 million federal grant for mint genome mapping Updated: Jul-26-15 7:28 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan State University researcher is heading a $5.1 million study of the genetic structure of the mint family of plants, which the school says could have many benefits for humans beyond flavoring food and chewing gum.
- Kayenta Airport gets federal funds for storage building Updated: Jul-24-15 6:51 pm
KAYENTA, Arizona - A small airport on the Navajo Nation has been awarded a federal grant for a building to protect equipment from harsh weather.
- Berea College awarded $100,000 Our Town grant Updated: Jul-22-15 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Berea College has been awarded a $100,000 grant to help communities in eastern Kentucky by using arts and cultural assets.
- University of Arkansas nursing receives $1 million grant Updated: Jul-22-15 3:08 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas Eleanor Mann School of Nursing has received a $1 million federal grant to increase the number of advanced practice registered nurses.
- Montana regulator to sue CenturyLink for slow response times Updated: Jul-21-15 6:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's Public Service Commission decided Tuesday to sue CenturyLink for failing to promptly restore out-of-service landlines.
- $17M in state grants available to boost NY railroads, ports Updated: Jul-20-15 7:07 am
ALBANY, New York - State transportation officials say $17 million in grants is available for improving rail and port facilities across New York.
- $200,000 state grant bringing robotics program to Moss Point Updated: Jul-19-15 5:49 pm
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Education is providing $200,000 to start a robotics program at the Moss Point Career and Technical Education Center.
- Nevada colleges awarded $1.1 million for student programs Updated: Jul-17-15 2:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Three colleges in Nevada have been awarded federal grant money totaling $1.1 million for student support services.
- Utah colleges awarded $3 million for student programs Updated: Jul-17-15 2:34 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Colleges in Utah have been awarded federal grant money totaling $3 million for student support services.
- Oakdale Theatre owners to pursue grant for soundproofing Updated: Jul-17-15 8:56 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Owners of the Toyota Oakdale Theatre in Connecticut will seek a state grant for more soundproofing at the music venue.
- 3 Mississippi airports share in $5.5M in federal grants Updated: Jul-17-15 4:53 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Airports in Gulfport, Oxford, and Lumberton are sharing in nearly $5.6 million in grants from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Clay Township gets $692,000 grant to hire more firefighters Updated: Jul-17-15 2:34 am
CLAY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Clay Township in St. Clair County is getting roughly $692,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to bring on more firefighters.
- Zuni Pueblo awarded $3.1M federal grant for airport project Updated: Jul-16-15 1:50 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A northwestern New Mexico pueblo and more than a dozen communities across the state are getting federal funding for airport rehabilitation and development projects.
- Safe room grant given to Arkansas town devastated by tornado Updated: Jul-15-15 4:54 pm
VILONIA, Arkansas - An Arkansas town damaged by an April 2014 tornado will receive more than $1 million in federal grant money to build a safe room.
- Denham Springs seeks grants for proposed nature park Updated: Jul-15-15 8:34 am
DENHAM SPRINGS, Louisiana - The Denham Springs City Council has voted to seek $100,000 in federal grant money to help pay for a long-desired nature park on the Amite River.
- Ascension Parish gets state grant for 911 center Updated: Jul-15-15 8:23 am
GONZALES, Louisiana - With a $250,000 state grant, the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office will update its emergency dispatch equipment, linking it to all of the state's emergency radio systems, in a 911 call center to be built next year.