- Defendant pleads guilty in stock, money-laundering scheme Updated: May-24-16 7:37 am
NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors in New York say a Belize resident has pleaded guilty to money laundering conspiracy for helping clients profit off illegal stock trades and then laundering more than $250 million.
- Lawyer to court: Dismiss conspiracy charges in refuge case Updated: May-23-16 9:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A defense lawyer in the Oregon wildlife refuge occupation case argued Monday that a federal conspiracy charge leveled against over two dozen people is constitutionally vague, could threaten free speech and should be dismissed.
- Kansas man pleads guilty to aiding foiled bomb plot Updated: May-23-16 3:44 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man accused of aiding a foiled plot to bomb a Kansas military post on behalf of the Islamic State group pleaded guilty to conspiracy on Monday, admitting that he loaned a friend money to store the explosives that he intended to use in the attack.
- 5 of 7 in casino cheating conspiracy awaiting sentencing Updated: May-23-16 8:07 am
DETROIT - Officials say five of seven people accused in a cheating conspiracy at a Detroit casino have pleaded guilty in the case and are awaiting sentencing.
- Current, former lawmen charged in cocaine trafficking case Updated: May-20-16 7:39 pm
HOUSTON - Federal prosecutors say four current or former law enforcement officers are among 15 people charged in a cocaine trafficking conspiracy.
- 2 girls charged in fatal school fight waive arraignments Updated: May-19-16 11:31 am
DOVER, Delaware - Two 16-year-old girls charged with conspiracy in a Delaware high school restroom assault that left another girl dead have waived arraignment and are now scheduled for trial.
- 4 Kansas middle schoolers accused of bomb, shooting plot Updated: May-16-16 8:09 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Four students at a middle school near Wichita, Kansas, are charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder in connection with a supposed bomb-and-shooting plot.
- Ringleader's mom, cousin plead guilty in drug gang case Updated: May-16-16 5:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The mother and cousin of a man accused by federal authorities of running a deadly drug ring have pleaded guilty in federal court to racketeering.
- Drugs, struggle for gun blamed in Vegas 17-year-old slaying Updated: May-16-16 4:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities in Las Vegas are blaming a drug deal gone awry for the shooting death of a 17-year-old and the arrests of two men on murder, conspiracy and robbery charges.
- Son of ex-Honduran president pleads guilty to US drug charge Updated: May-16-16 2:25 pm
NEW YORK - The son of former Honduran President Porfirio Lobo pleaded guilty Monday to a cocaine trafficking conspiracy charge, admitting teaming up with drug traffickers and Honduran police to try to ship cocaine into the United States.
- The Latest: Skelos' nephew accused of assault outside court Updated: May-12-16 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the sentencing of former Senate leader Dean Skelos and his son (all times local):
- Walnut Ridge bank employees plead guilty to fraud conspiracy Updated: May-11-16 6:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Three employees of First National Bank of Lawrence County have pleaded guilty to stealing nearly $4 million from the bank.
- Man takes plea deal related to $1 million in mine damage Updated: May-11-16 5:42 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man will be sentenced on charges related to $1 million worth of damage at a mine.
- The Latest: State senator charged with ward election plot Updated: May-10-16 7:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a state senator being charged with bribing a Democratic Party ward committeewoman in Philadelphia in a ward leadership election.
- New Jersey man gets 15 years for conspiring to aid ISIL Updated: May-10-16 2:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former office-supply store supervisor who pleaded guilty to conspiracy for helping his brother travel to the Middle East to join the Islamic State group was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in prison by a judge who denied his attorney's request for a lighter sentence.
- Boys plead not guilty to La Grande High School threat Updated: May-10-16 11:36 am
LA GRANDE, Oregon - Two boys accused of planning mass violence at La Grande High School have pleaded not guilty.
- MS-13 gang members convicted on murder, conspiracy charges Updated: May-09-16 7:12 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Six members of the MS-13 street gang have been convicted for their roles in three murders and an attempted murder in northern Virginia.
- Former employee admits defrauding watch manufacturer Updated: May-09-16 3:06 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former employee has admitted using phony documents and corporate records to cheat a New Jersey watch manufacturer out of hundreds of thousands of dollars of watches and watch parts.
- 2 ex-police officers sentenced in bank fraud conspiracy Updated: May-09-16 1:09 pm
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Two former northeastern Pennsylvania police officers have been sentenced on federal bank fraud conspiracy convictions.
- Jury acquits former Little Caesars owner on arson charges Updated: May-07-16 11:05 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The former owner of a Little Caesars pizza shop in Ashland has been acquitted on arson charges.
- Woman gets 3 years for role in $200M credit card fraud scam Updated: May-06-16 5:46 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Philadelphia woman has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for her role in a $200 million credit card fraud scheme the U.S. Department of Justice calls the largest it has prosecuted.
- Police: 6 charged after Twitter dispute led to shooting Updated: May-06-16 7:28 am
TEANECK, New Jersey - Authorities say a dispute on Twitter between two groups of men led to a shootout and six people facing conspiracy to commit murder charges.
- Former Orleans deputy pleads guilty in overbilling scheme Updated: May-04-16 11:32 am
NEW ORLEANS - A former high ranking officer with the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
- Vegas teen pleads not guilty to murder in fatal stabbing Updated: May-03-16 3:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas 16-year-old has pleaded not guilty as an adult to murder, robbery and conspiracy charges in the stabbing death of a man at a fast-food restaurant.
- Ex-letter carrier admits role in stolen money order scheme Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former letter carrier has admitted his role in a scheme to steal and convert hundreds of blank postal service money orders.