- Sentencing for businessman in Wilmington Trust fraud case Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Dover businessman is facing sentencing after pleading guilty to conspiracy in an ongoing investigation into the lending practices and collapse of Wilmington Trust bank.
- Man given 12-year sentence for filing false tax returns Updated: Oct-01-15 4:55 am
WASHINGTON - A Raleigh man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison on charges of conspiracy to file false claims and identity theft.
- Ex-Siemens financial chief pleads guilty in $100M bribery Updated: Sep-30-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The former chief financial officer for Siemens Argentina has pleaded guilty to conspiring to pay $100 million in bribes to senior Argentine government officials.
- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO asks Tulsa judge for lighter sentence Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO of Arrow Trucking Co. is asking a federal judge in Tulsa for leniency when he's sentenced for conspiracy and tax evasion.
- Maine men plead guilty to stolen firearms conspiracy Updated: Sep-29-15 10:29 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Two Maine men pleaded guilty in federal court to conspiracy to possess stolen firearms and possession of stolen firearms.
- Ex-corrections officer gets 6 years in Baltimore jail plot Updated: Sep-25-15 6:56 pm
BALTIMORE - A former correctional officer at the Baltimore City Detention Center has been sentenced to more than 6 years in prison for his role in a conspiracy to smuggle contraband.
- The Latest: Victims' families praise prison sentence Updated: Sep-24-15 7:05 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The latest developments in the re-sentencing of Kansas doctor and his wife who were convicted of running a moneymaking conspiracy at a clinic that prosecutors have linked to 68 drug-overdose deaths (all times local):
- 10 accused of selling anabolic steroids in NY-based ring Updated: Sep-24-15 10:50 am
ALBANY, New York - Authorities say they've arrested 10 men in connection with a New York-based ring involved in selling anabolic steroids and money laundering since 2011.
- Correction: Charter Operator-Fraud story Updated: Sep-24-15 10:47 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - In a story Sept. 23 about a public charter executive pleading guilty to conspiracy, The Associated Press, relying on information from prosecutors, erroneously reported the defendant's age. Robert Keilman is 70, not 43.
- New York man pleads guilty to drug conspiracy in Va. Updated: Sep-24-15 3:10 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 27-year-old New York City man has pleaded guilty in Virginia to a drug distribution conspiracy.
- Man accused of dealing methamphetamine sentenced to 3 months Updated: Sep-21-15 12:08 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A man accused of dealing methamphetamine in North Dakota and Minnesota has been sentenced to three months in prison.
- OC lawyer convicted of conspiracy in birthing probe Updated: Sep-18-15 10:32 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County lawyer has been convicted of trying to help a Chinese witness in a so-called birth tourism probe flee the United States.
- Judge tosses embezzlement charges for ex-drug court official Updated: Sep-17-15 4:42 pm
MCALESTER, Oklahoma - A judge has dismissed embezzlement charges against a former drug court coordinator for Pittsburg and McIntosh counties who was accused of stealing thousands of dollars and trying to cover it up by destroying records.
- Canadian man convicted in tax conspiracy to defraud USA Updated: Sep-17-15 4:13 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A 52-year-old Canadian man has been convicted of conspiracy in a multimillion-dollar tax scam involving the Internal Revenue Service.
- Woman convicted on drug charge fails to report to prison Updated: Sep-17-15 6:04 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A woman who was convicted on a drug conspiracy charge has been arrested for failing to report to prison.
- Man acquitted of murder in fatal street fight stabbing Updated: Sep-16-15 12:26 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - A man has been acquitted of murder and other charges but convicted of lesser counts in a stabbing death during an eastern Pennsylvania street fight a year ago.
- 15 indicted in $150M scam that included unnecessary surgery Updated: Sep-16-15 3:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Unnecessary surgeries performed by untrained assistants are among the allegations in an indictment detailing a $150 million insurance scheme, among California's biggest ever.
- California doctor charged in $150 million insurance scam Updated: Sep-16-15 1:18 am
LOS ANGELES - An orthopedic surgeon was charged as the ringleader in one of the state's biggest health fraud schemes, which included unnecessary operations by an untrained assistant that scarred patients forever, according to indictments unsealed Tuesday.
- Man takes plea deal in arson-for-hire case Updated: Sep-15-15 12:29 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - The man who's been sentenced in a murder-for-hire case is taking a plea deal for his part in burning down his co-defendant's house.
- 3 Baton Rouge men accused of conspiracy to distribute drugs Updated: Sep-15-15 6:47 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Three Baton Rouge people have been indicted in a plot to deal prescription drugs and cocaine.
- Ohio man gets life in heroin trafficking conspiracy Updated: Sep-15-15 3:05 am
CLEVELAND - A man has been sentenced to life in prison after he was convicted of trafficking large amounts of heroin and using violence to control the drug trade in east Cleveland.
- ND man says testimony from casino conversation was unfair Updated: Sep-12-15 2:30 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota man convicted by a federal jury on drug charges says a judge should not have allowed testimony from a conversation in a casino and believes his client should be acquitted.
- Developer pleads guilty to bribing Allentown official Updated: Sep-10-15 7:52 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The mayor of Allentown never took a bribe or misused his office while running for U.S. Senate, his attorney said Thursday after a developer pleaded guilty to giving campaign contributions to the third-term Democrat in return for favorable treatment from the city.
- Prosecutors charge Ark. police officer with drug conspiracy Updated: Sep-10-15 5:54 pm
DUMAS, Arkansas - Federal prosecutors say an Arkansas police officer has been arrested and charged with drug conspiracy.
- US companies plead guilty to conspiracy over halal exports Updated: Sep-09-15 6:30 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Two related companies that distribute and certify halal food products pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiring to export misbranded beef products for sale in Malaysia, Indonesia and elsewhere.