- Ex-TVA manager says he passed nuclear information to China Updated: Apr-30-16 3:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former senior manager with the Tennessee Valley Authority passed information to a state-controlled Chinese nuclear energy company that helped it build reactors there, according to court records.
- Former business partner guilty in Wilmington double homicide Updated: Apr-29-16 4:34 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Wilmington man has been convicted of the murder-for-hire killings of his business partner and the partner's wife.
- 10 charged in Tennessee with meth distribution, conspiracy Updated: Apr-29-16 4:23 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say 10 people have been charged with distributing large quantities of methamphetamine transported to West Tennessee from Arizona.
- Fargo man charged in federal court with meth conspiracy Updated: Apr-29-16 10:13 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A Fargo man is accused in federal court of selling large quantities of methamphetamine.
- The Latest: 3 tied to terror shooter deny sham-marriage plot Updated: Apr-28-16 8:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- 5 educators arrested in El Paso schools fraud scheme Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Five veteran El Paso school district educators were arrested Wednesday after a federal grand jury indicted them on conspiracy charges in an alleged scheme to rig the district's high-stakes test scores by removing low-performing students from classrooms.
- The Latest: Lawyer denies charge that friar endangered kids Updated: Apr-27-16 3:09 pm
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a hearing to decide whether three Franciscan friars should stand trial on child endangerment and other charges for their role in supervising another friar accused of molesting more than 100 children (all times local):
- Conspiracy charge reinstated against McCotter aide Updated: Apr-25-16 4:51 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has reinstated a conspiracy charge against a high-ranking aide to a congressman who was kept off the 2012 ballot because of bogus petition signatures.
- Federal trial slated for Ron Paul 2012 campaign advisers Updated: Apr-25-16 11:29 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three top campaign advisers to 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul who are scheduled to go on trial this week have lost their fight to get charges of conspiracy to cover up campaign payments to a former state senator dismissed.
- 29-year-old man pleads guilty to sex trafficking charge Updated: Apr-22-16 4:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - U.S. Attorney Christopher Myers says a 29-year-old Milwaukee man has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of a minor.
- Woman from Guatemala gets 3 years in US human smuggling case Updated: Apr-22-16 3:33 pm
HOUSTON - A Guatemalan woman must serve three years in a U.S. prison for helping smuggle immigrants from India into Texas via Mexico.
- Former Oklahoma auditor released from federal custody Updated: Apr-22-16 12:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Former Oklahoma Auditor and Inspector Jeff McMahan (MACK-muh-han) has been released from federal custody after serving more than seven years for felony conspiracy and accepting bribes.
- Maine man gets jail time for drug conspiracy in Scarborough Updated: Apr-22-16 6:35 am
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - A 33-year-old southern Maine man was sentenced to serve just shy of three years behind bars for drug trafficking in the Scarborough area.
- 2 ex-owners of Houston clinics guilty of $5M fraud Updated: Apr-21-16 3:08 pm
HOUSTON - Two former owners of three Houston medical clinics have pleaded guilty in a more than $5 million billing scam.
- Woman convicted of burning bar for insurance gets new trial Updated: Apr-21-16 7:58 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A woman convicted of setting fire to a bar and grill she co-owned in the South Dakota town of Herreid to get insurance money has been granted a new trial.
- Chinese woman gets home confinement in test-taking scheme Updated: Apr-20-16 3:39 am
PITTSBURGH - A Chinese woman who admitted to conspiring to have other women take college admissions examinations so she could attend Virginia Tech has been sentenced to six months of home detention.
- Man paroled in conspiracy to photograph senator's ill wife Updated: Apr-19-16 8:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi blogger is out of prison after serving several months for sneaking into a nursing home to shoot unauthorized video of the ailing wife of U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran during the Southern Republican's hard-fought 2014 campaign.
- Defendant in computer hacking case sentenced to probation Updated: Apr-19-16 2:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - An Indiana man has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit computer fraud and copyright infringement in an international computer hacking case.
- 1 of 2 suspects in deadly Albuquerque shooting in custody Updated: Apr-17-16 4:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police have arrested one suspect in a fatal shooting but a second one remains at large.
- Journalist close to opposition detained in Bangladesh Updated: Apr-17-16 5:44 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in Bangladesh questioned a prominent journalist and close aide of opposition leader and ex-Prime Minister Khaleda Zia over the weekend for his alleged role in a conspiracy to kidnap the only son of the current prime minister.
- Massachusetts man pleads guilty in tax refund fraud scheme Updated: Apr-15-16 4:34 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts man has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and fraud charges in a tax refund fraud scheme.
- Texas man who forced girl, 12, into prostitution gets prison Updated: Apr-15-16 9:01 am
DALLAS - A Dallas-area man who forced a 12-year-old girl into prostitution must serve nearly 16 years in federal prison.
- Cop's widow wants pension; husband allegedly staged suicide Updated: Apr-15-16 8:38 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - The widow of a suburban Chicago police officer who authorities say staged his suicide to make it appear he was killed on duty has applied for her late husband's pension as she awaits trial on conspiracy charges.
- Man sentenced to 12 years in prison for meth conspiracy Updated: Apr-14-16 7:51 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A man accused of dealing large quantities of methamphetamine in North Dakota and Minnesota has been sentenced to 12 years in federal prison.
- Engineer accused of illegally helping China build reactors Updated: Apr-14-16 6:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Chinese-born U.S. nuclear engineer has been accused of recruiting a team of U.S.-based experts to help a state-controlled Chinese nuclear energy company build reactors there.