- 3 in El Paso get prison for gang-related sex trafficking Updated: Jun-26-15 7:49 pm
EL PASO, Texas - A third man linked to a West Texas gang and sex trafficking has been sentenced to federal prison.
- Former pharmacy tech admits to drug conspiracy Updated: Jun-25-15 6:01 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A former pharmacy technician at Rite Aid in D'Iberville pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiring to distribute a total of more than 15,000 dosages of the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone.
- Bar co-owner sentenced in conspiracy to sell drugs Updated: Jun-24-15 4:23 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The co-owner of a Gulfport bar has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison for her role in a federal drug conspiracy.
- Chancellor says no conspiracy in flying out Saudi students Updated: Jun-23-15 7:44 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Tech's chancellor said Tuesday that he did not conspire to fly students involved in a grade-changing scandal out of the U.S., despite recently published Saudi Embassy memos saying he suggested removing them from the country to avoid deportation or arrest.
- 3 Los Angeles gangs indicted for uniting in conspiracy Updated: Jun-18-15 9:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three rival Los Angeles gangs united in a rare alliance to conspire to control drug trafficking and carried out crimes that included murder and extortion, federal prosecutors said Thursday in announcing a racketeering indictment against 22 gang members.
- 2 testify about being unable to rescue Indianapolis man Updated: Jun-15-15 9:08 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Two men testified Monday about their unsuccessful efforts to rescue a man trapped in his Indianapolis basement after his house was rocked by an explosion at a neighbor's home in what defense attorneys have said was an insurance fraud plan gone awry.
- Blogger gets 2.5 years over senator's wife photo conspiracy Updated: Jun-15-15 6:16 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - A blogger who pleaded guilty in a conspiracy to break into a nursing home and shoot unauthorized video of the ailing wife of a U.S. senator was sentenced Monday to serve more than two years in prison.
- 2 plead guilty to conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine Updated: Jun-15-15 6:00 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a Lake Charles man and a Texas man have pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine from Lake Charles to Houston.
- Man sentenced to prison for cocaine conspiracy Updated: Jun-15-15 4:05 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A man who pleaded guilty a conspiracy to distribute 5 or more kilos of cocaine in Pearl River County and elsewhere in South Mississippi has been sentenced to a five year prison term.
- Mixed verdict for Utah businessmen on trial for tax evasion Updated: Jun-14-15 10:55 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal court jury returned a mixed verdict for two Utah businessmen on trial for tax evasion.
- Cape Cod man sentenced to 25 years in drug conspiracy Updated: Jun-12-15 10:10 pm
BOSTON - The second of two brothers from Cape Cod convicted of operating an oxycodone distribution scheme in the region has been sentenced to 25 years in federal prison.
- Appeals court sets aside conviction of bin Laden assistant Updated: Jun-12-15 3:09 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Friday threw out the only remaining conviction against a Guantanamo Bay detainee who had served as Osama bin Laden's personal assistant, setting new restrictions on the use of military commissions to try terror suspects.
- 2 deputies acquitted of perjury stemming from drug bust Updated: Jun-12-15 9:18 am
LOS ANGELES - A jury has acquitted two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies of perjury and conspiracy charges stemming from a drug arrest at a bar four years ago.
- Judge: Man accused of trying to go to Syria to remain held Updated: Jun-11-15 6:02 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge ruled Thursday that a Minnesota man accused of making two separate attempts to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group should remain in custody, saying the 21-year-old was a flight risk and no conditions of release could guarantee the public's safety.
- Federal prosecutors say prison gang leader pleads guilty Updated: Jun-09-15 5:41 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Federal prosecutors say a Tulsa man who was a top member of a violent prison gang has pleaded guilty to drug and conspiracy charges.
- Maine man sentenced to 4 years in mail theft conspiracy Updated: Jun-09-15 4:56 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a 32-year-old Augusta, Maine, man was sentenced to four years in prison for his role in conspiracy to steal mail.
- Suspects in 2013 homicide apprehended Updated: Jun-09-15 2:20 pm
YAZOO CITY, Mississippi - Two suspects have been arrested in the 2013 slaying of a Yazoo City businessman.
- Maine woman faces potential life term for crack conspiracy Updated: Jun-09-15 12:01 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Carmel, Maine, woman is facing a possible life sentence on federal charges of conspiracy to possess and distribute crack cocaine.
- Gulfport man set to plead guilty in drug conspiracy Updated: Jun-09-15 8:05 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Gulfport man intends to plead guilty to his role in a conspiracy to distribute the prescription anti-anxiety drug Xanax and a non-narcotic anabolic steroid.
- Denver man sentenced to 87 months on federal drug charge Updated: Jun-09-15 6:01 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Denver man has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison on a federal drug charge.
- Providence man sent to prison for drug trafficking charges Updated: Jun-08-15 12:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man is going to prison for his part in a conspiracy to traffic cocaine.
- Police: 4 teens arrested after abducting high school student Updated: Jun-08-15 5:28 am
FISHERVILLE, Virginia - Police have arrested four teenagers they say abducted a high school student at gunpoint.
- General manager of Birmingham car dealership indicted Updated: Jun-05-15 4:51 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say the general manager of a Birmingham car dealership has been indicted on a conspiracy charge.
- Jonesboro woman accused of plotting ex-husband's death Updated: Jun-05-15 11:11 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police say a Jonesboro woman tried to hire a hit man to kill her ex-husband.
- Man sentenced in gang-related drug trafficking conspiracy Updated: Jun-05-15 5:41 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal prosecutors say a Lucedale man arrested in a probe of drug trafficking by Black Gangster Disciples and their associates has been sentenced to prison for his role in a conspiracy to distribute meth across southeast Mississippi.