- The Latest: High water stymies search efforts Updated: Nov-27-15 7:28 pm
The latest on severe weather hitting Texas and other parts of the central U.S. (all times local):
- Sandra weakens to tropical storm in Pacific off Mexico Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 pm
MIAMI - Sandra has weakened to a tropical storm as it approaches Mexico's Pacific coast.
- The Latest: Flash flood warning issued for SE Oklahoma Updated: Nov-27-15 6:31 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Icy roads blamed in 2 western Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-27-15 4:52 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Freezing rain and strong winds have moved into Kansas, causing power outages and several accidents, including two fatal crashes on Thanksgiving.
- The Latest: Arkansas State Police report traffic fatality Updated: Nov-27-15 4:38 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on heavy rainfall in Arkansas' forecast through the holiday weekend (all times local):
- Annual Lawrence Santa rescue rescheduled because of weather Updated: Nov-27-15 4:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - An annual Lawrence holiday tradition will be rescheduled because of a winter storm.
- Fatalities as freezing rain, floods and ice hit central US Updated: Nov-27-15 3:44 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - At least three people have died in fast-moving floodwaters in Texas as freezing rain and flooding pummeled the state and other parts of the central U.S. on Friday, with forecasters warning that the chilling weather would worsen over the holiday weekend.
- More snow, cold temps expected in parts of New Mexico Updated: Nov-27-15 2:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - More snow, sleet and freezing rain are expected for some parts of New Mexico.
- Power restored to all 10 days after Washington windstorm Updated: Nov-27-15 12:30 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Power has been restored to everyone in the Spokane, Washington, area who was left in the dark by a massive windstorm more than a week earlier.
- Icy weather expected in Nebraska, Iowa on Thanksgiving Day Updated: Nov-26-15 1:15 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Weather officials who are monitoring freezing rain in parts of Nebraska and Iowa on Thanksgiving Day are warning drivers to be extra careful.
- Forecasters issue ice storm warning for western Oklahoma Updated: Nov-26-15 12:33 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - An ice storm warning is in effect for western Oklahoma as a slow-moving storm system is expected to bring wintry precipitation to much of the state.
- Forecasters warn of drenching rains in Arkansas this week Updated: Nov-26-15 11:48 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Forecasters say flooding is likely in parts of Arkansas as a slow-moving storm system is expected to drop up to 8 inches of rain through the holiday weekend.
- Bald eagles rebuild nest in Greenfield after wind storms Updated: Nov-26-15 9:52 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A pair of bald eagles appears to be rebuilding their home in a central Indiana neighborhood after their nest was destroyed in wind storms.
- Holiday storm expected to bring heavy rain, ice to Oklahoma Updated: Nov-25-15 5:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Holiday travelers enjoyed mild weather and clear roads across Oklahoma on Wednesday, but forecasters predicted freezing rain and possible flooding across much of the state over the next few days with a storm and a cold front expected to push into the state on Thanksgiving Day.
- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- 15 Texas counties to get disaster aid after Oct. storms Updated: Nov-25-15 12:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas will receive federal aid for the ongoing recovery from October storms that left six people dead.
- The Latest: 5,000 in Washington may lack power for holiday Updated: Nov-25-15 12:43 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The latest on the deadly windstorm that swept across the Pacific Northwest (all times local):
- Icy weather forecast for southeast Nebraska, southwest Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 9:11 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says dangerous traveling conditions are likely to develop over southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa on Thanksgiving Day.
- Winter-like storm brings rain, snow to Northern California Updated: Nov-24-15 11:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A wintry storm drenched the San Francisco Bay area and dropped up to a foot of snow in some areas of California's Sierra Nevada, raising hopes of a white Thanksgiving holiday in the mountains.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Storm-damaged spruce serves as Traverse City Christmas tree Updated: Nov-24-15 5:28 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A blue spruce that was damaged as storms packing high winds swept through Michigan in August is serving as the annual Christmas tree for downtown Traverse City.
- US 2 near Stevens Pass reopens to two-way traffic Updated: Nov-23-15 7:43 pm
SKYKOMISH, Washington - Traffic is moving in both directions again on storm-damaged U.S. Highway 2 between Skykomish and Stevens Pass.
- Winter storm forecast for Montana, Wyoming Updated: Nov-23-15 7:01 pm
HELENA, Montana - A storm packing snow and strong winds is expected to create hazardous travel conditions in parts of Montana and Wyoming in the days before Thanksgiving.
- Disaster proclamation issued for Sioux County after storm Updated: Nov-23-15 6:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has issued a disaster proclamation for Sioux County following recent severe weather.
- New Jersey Turnpike service area destroyed by Sandy reopens Updated: Nov-23-15 3:33 pm
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - A familiar stop on the New Jersey Turnpike is back in business more than three years after it was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.