- Texas braces for possibly more rain after flooding kills 1 Updated: May-28-16 9:11 am
BRENHAM, Texas - At least one person is dead and three others were missing after torrential thunderstorms caused flooding in Texas, officials said as they braced for the possibility of more rain over the long Memorial Day weekend.
- The Latest: 11-year-old swept away in Kansas creek Updated: May-28-16 8:31 am
The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- 153 homes in Bryan damaged by tornado Updated: May-27-16 10:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on severe weather in the Plains and flooding in Texas following heavy rains (all times local):
- The Latest: Tropical storm warning issued for South Carolina Updated: May-27-16 4:56 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on U.S. government forecasters' outlook for the Atlantic hurricane season (all times local):
- The Latest: Park opening delayed due to snow Updated: May-27-16 4:23 pm
DENVER - The Latest on severe weather in Colorado (all times local):
- Gull Lake Rec Area reopens 10 months after 2015 storm Updated: May-27-16 10:58 am
BEMIDJI, Minnesota - The Gull Lake Dam and Recreation Area in northern Minnesota is reopening to the public for the first time since it was damaged in a summer storm that swept the Brainerd Lakes area 10 months ago.
- Feds: 2016 hurricane season in Pacific will be about average Updated: May-26-16 7:28 pm
HONOLULU - After a record-setting hurricane season fueled by a strong El Nino in 2015, federal forecasters said Thursday the 2016 central Pacific hurricane season will likely be only slightly above average as La Nina conditions take over.
- Feds say 2016 hurricane season in Pacific will be average Updated: May-26-16 5:46 pm
HONOLULU - After a record-setting hurricane season fueled by El Nino in 2015, federal forecasters say the 2016 Pacific hurricane season will likely be only slightly above average as La Nina conditions take over.
- Assistance approved for 5 Oklahoma counties hit by storms Updated: May-26-16 5:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Federal disaster assistance has been approved for five Oklahoma counties hit by severe storms, tornadoes and flooding earlier this month.
- Flash flooding, tornado warnings for southeast Nebraska Updated: May-26-16 5:03 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The National Weather Service has issued flash flooding and tornado warnings in southeastern Nebraska.
- Colome man survives severe storm inside iron gun case Updated: May-26-16 12:35 pm
COLOME, South Dakota - As the winds toppled his semitrailer and destroyed his barn, the only thing protecting Rick Petersek from flying debris was an iron box.
- Wind knocks over rail cars, topples trees in much of Iowa Updated: May-26-16 12:06 pm
DENISON, Iowa - Winds gusting to 87 mph have knocked over train cars and toppled trees in parts of Iowa.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: May-25-16 2:04 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Texas Crop Report for May 25 Updated: May-25-16 12:33 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of May 25:
- New storm surge maps coming for Outer Banks this summer Updated: May-25-16 10:13 am
NAGS HEAD, North Carolina - New storm surge maps for the Outer Banks of North Carolina will be available this summer.
- Boy swept away in Arkansas floodwaters rescued alive Updated: May-25-16 9:38 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Authorities in northeast Arkansas say a 13-year-old boy was found safe three hours after he was swept away in a flooded drainage pipe.
- 2 tornadoes damage trees in Michigan's Upper Peninsula Updated: May-25-16 5:28 am
REPUBLIC, Michigan - Officials say two tornadoes damaged trees as severe storms moved across Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Mexico City issues 6th smog alert but lifts it after rain Updated: May-24-16 10:22 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico City officials issued their sixth pollution alert of the year Tuesday, but lifted it a few hours later after thunderstorms reduced pollution in the skies above the capital.
- Pennsylvania towns look like winter wonderland after hail Updated: May-24-16 9:06 am
RED LION, Pennsylvania - The unofficial start to summer might be approaching but it looked like a winter wonderland in a few central Pennsylvania towns after an intense hailstorm.
- Terrebonne council rejects bids for storm upgrades to annex Updated: May-24-16 8:17 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council has rejected all wind-hardening and flood-proofing bids for the Terrebonne Parish Courthouse Annex.
- Beyonce fans evacuate stadium due to storm threat Updated: May-24-16 7:03 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The threat of severe weather temporarily forced Beyonce fans to evacuate an outdoor stadium in Minneapolis just before the concert was scheduled to start.
- Grand Forks area storm damage caused by microburst Updated: May-24-16 7:01 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The National Weather Service says weekend storm damage in parts of the Grand Forks area was caused by a microburst.
- FEMA aims to reform flood insurance program Updated: May-24-16 6:55 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is seeking changes to the national flood insurance program aimed at increasing transparency and oversight.
- Forecasters warn of busy weather week throughout Oklahoma Updated: May-24-16 1:32 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Stormy weather is in the forecast all week for Oklahoma.
- After Sandy victims complain, FEMA tweaks flood program Updated: May-23-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - After learning some hard lessons from Superstorm Sandy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it is reforming the way it handles appeals from disgruntled policyholders in the National Flood Insurance Program.