- Up to 10 inches of snow, sleet possible in NC mountains Updated: Feb-14-16 5:31 pm
BOONE, North Carolina - Forecasters say a winter storm could bring snow and sleet accumulations of up to 10 inches in North Carolina's mountains and freezing rain to the eastern part of the state.
- The Latest: Indianapolis interstate shuts down after pileup Updated: Feb-14-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on winter weather affecting much of the eastern half of the United States (all times local):
- DC, Virginia suburbs getting equipment ready for storm Updated: Feb-14-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The nation's capital and northern Virginia are bracing for a winter storm.
- Winter storm watch issued in northeast Georgia Updated: Feb-14-16 1:24 pm
ATLANTA - The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch in northeast Georgia.
- Winter storm warning issued for eastern Tennessee Updated: Feb-14-16 11:54 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Forecasters say a winter storm is bringing several inches of snow to parts of Tennessee.
- Winter storm warning issued for much of Kentucky Updated: Feb-14-16 11:40 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Forecasters say a winter storm is bringing several inches of snow to Kentucky before turning to rain on Monday.
- Coast Guard to decide if storm-damaged cruise ship can sail Updated: Feb-12-16 3:11 pm
BAYONNE, New Jersey - The Coast Guard on Friday inspected a cruise ship that was battered and damaged by an intense winter storm to determine if it will be able to set sail as scheduled on a weekend voyage.
- Congressional delegation supports storm disaster declaration Updated: Feb-12-16 2:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's congressional delegation is calling on President Barack Obama to support the state's request for disaster assistance to pay for last month's winter storm.
- Waterbury celebrates new town offices as more Irene recovery Updated: Feb-12-16 2:34 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - The town of Waterbury is celebrating another milestone in its yearslong recovery from flooding caused by Tropical Storm Irene.
- Christie seeks federal relief for January snowstorm Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is asking the federal government for disaster assistance to help New Jersey pay for last month's winter storm.
- Obama signs Oklahoma disaster declaration for winter storms Updated: Feb-11-16 2:33 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - President Barack Obama has declared that a major disaster exists in 41 Oklahoma counties following recent severe winter weather storms and flooding that affected the state.
- Turnpike boss: Drivers stranded by snow safer on turnpike Updated: Feb-10-16 7:46 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Keeping vehicles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike during a major snowfall that stranded hundreds of motorists for more than 24 hours last month was the safest decision under the circumstances, turnpike officials and state police said Wednesday.
- Fire during blizzard destroys Hankinson-area machine shed Updated: Feb-10-16 11:36 am
HANKINSON, North Dakota - A weekend fire during a blizzard destroyed a machine shed in the Hankinson area.
- Okay to turn burned high school into public storm shelter Updated: Feb-09-16 5:24 pm
OKAY, Oklahoma - The remains of a school destroyed by a fire nearly 30 years ago are being converted into a storm shelter.
- Wyoming snowpack still below average after January storms Updated: Feb-09-16 12:38 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Mountain snowpack in Wyoming remains below average midway through winter.
- Obama declares 25 Texas counties federal disaster areas Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
AUSTIN, Texas - More than two dozen Texas counties are now eligible for federal help following deadly end-of-December blizzards and tornadoes.
- 7 in critical condition after casino bus crash in snowstorm Updated: Feb-09-16 11:11 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Seven people remain in critical condition following a charter bus crash that injured three dozen during Monday's snowstorm on Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- Interstate 35 reopened in northern Iowa, state officials say Updated: Feb-09-16 8:48 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - Iowa authorities say Interstate 35 has been reopened in both directions between Ames and Clear Lake, a stretch of more than 80 miles.
- Police: 80 crashes reported across southern New England Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Authorities say about 80 crashes were reported across southern New England as the snowstorm created difficult driving conditions on the roadways.
- Roads reopen in SW Minnesota as blizzard subsides Updated: Feb-08-16 8:57 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Roads are reopening in southwestern Minnesota as strong winds gradually subside.
- Winter storm, coastal flood warnings issued for Delaware Updated: Feb-08-16 6:55 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Winter storm and coastal flood warnings have been issued for Delaware as severe weather bears down on the mid-Atlantic region.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Feb. 9 Updated: Feb-08-16 6:04 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- The Latest: Weather forecast called for storm-force winds Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- Official details storm's lasting effects on dairy industry Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It could take months to tally the true costs of a winter storm that killed an untold number of livestock and derailed New Mexico's dairy industry, the state's top agriculture official warned lawmakers Monday.
- Hundreds of thousands celebrate Carnival in Cologne Updated: Feb-08-16 1:07 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Hundreds of thousands of people packed the streets of Cologne for its annual Rose Monday parade, the culmination of five days of Carnival festivities that took place amid heightened security following robberies and sexual assaults in the city on New Year's Eve.