- Suit blames Louisiana jail conditions for prisoner's death Updated: May-27-16 3:21 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal lawsuit claims poor medical care and dangerous conditions at a Louisiana jail led to the death of a prisoner who hanged himself in his cell last year.
- Suit blames Baton Rouge jail conditions for prisoner's death Updated: May-27-16 12:15 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal lawsuit claims poor medical care and dangerous conditions at Baton Rouge's jail led to the death of a prisoner who hanged himself in his cell last year.
- Prosecutor: No charges warranted in jail inmate's suicide Updated: May-19-16 5:32 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Michigan - An investigation has found no evidence of foul play in the death of a 24-year-old inmate discovered hanging in his cell at a southwestern Michigan jail.
- Bill would overhaul truancy response after mom's jail death Updated: May-10-16 5:43 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Senate is advancing legislation in response to a 2014 jail-cell death of a mother of seven who was serving a weekend sentence for her children's absences from school.
- Death of Cumberland County Jail inmate ruled accidental Updated: May-10-16 5:55 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The state Medical Examiner's Office has released the cause of death for a 24-year-old inmate found dead last month in his cell at the Cumberland County Jail.
- Female inmates record books for their children Updated: May-08-16 1:59 pm
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Many children buy flowers or take their moms out to dinner for Mother's Day, but the idea is to spend time with the women who raised them.
- Laboratory advance provides view of early embryo development Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - New lab techniques have provided the first good look at a crucial but mysterious stage in the development of human embryos, scientists reported Wednesday.
- Department says it lacked access probing inmate's death Updated: May-03-16 11:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - State officials say they were unable to complete a thorough investigation into the death a mentally ill Virginia inmate because they didn't have enough authority to access certain records and interview key employees.