- $6.5M to help Michigan researcher study cancer stem cells Updated: Feb-04-16 10:03 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A $6.5 million grant will help a University of Michigan researcher study cancer stem cells, the small number of cells within a tumor that fuel its growth and spread.
- Johnson & Johnson, ViaCyte testing possible diabetes cure Updated: Feb-04-16 12:05 am
Johnson & Johnson, continuing its long quest for a Type 1 diabetes cure, is joining forces with biotech company ViaCyte to speed development of the first stem cell treatment that could cure the life-threatening hormonal disorder.
- Report: It's ethical to test embryos from DNA of 3 people Updated: Feb-03-16 4:02 pm
WASHINGTON - It's ethical to test a provocative new fertility technique that would prevent mothers from passing on rare but devastating diseases by creating embryos from the DNA of three people - dad, mom and an egg donor - advisers to the government said Wednesday.
- Wrongful death suit over man dead in jail cell dismissed Updated: Feb-03-16 7:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal appeals court has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit brought by the estate of a man found dead in a dirty Columbus jail cell.
- University of Oregon researcher's work attracts debate Updated: Jan-23-16 1:16 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - University of Oregon molecular biologist Ken Prehoda is experiencing the ups and downs of becoming a viral sensation - as in social media, not an infection.
- EXCHANGE: Doctors work for pancreatic cancer cure Updated: Jan-22-16 7:02 am
PEORIA, Illinois - If it wasn't for groups like the Theresa Tracy Strive to Survive, Drs. Christopher Gondi and Manu Gnanamony may not be able to continue their research at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
- York County, SLED investigate death of 29-year-old inmate Updated: Jan-12-16 9:44 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - York County officials and the State Law Enforcement Division are looking into the death of a 29-year-old inmate in the York County jail.
- Ringling circus elephants to retire in May Updated: Jan-11-16 12:08 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is ending its elephant acts a year and a half early, and will retire all of its touring elephants in May.