- Haslam says guns-in-parks bill worth reviewing for clarity Updated: Aug-03-15 3:28 pm
MT. JULIET, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers should consider reviewing a new law that allows handgun carry permit holders to bring firearms to parks, playgrounds and sports fields following a key opinion from the state's attorney general, Gov. Bill Haslam said Monday,
- Founder sells Ohio Renaissance Festival to business group Updated: Aug-03-15 7:52 am
CINCINNATI - The man who has run the Ohio Renaissance Festival for 25 years has sold it to a group of business partners from the Dayton area, and the show goes on.
- Oregon State Fair recruiting 400 workers Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon State Fair is looking to hire 400 workers.
- Man killed when storm slams tent down on crowd near Chicago Updated: Aug-03-15 1:02 am
CHICAGO - A man was killed and more than a dozen injured on Sunday when a tent where people had sought shelter during a brief storm blew off its moorings and collapsed on some of the crowd at a festival in a Chicago suburb.
- Nebraska State Fair to show ag in different shapes, sizes Updated: Aug-02-15 1:54 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Agriculture displays at this year's Nebraska State Fair will come in different shapes and sizes, from trading cards to the newest farm machinery.
- 2 Republicans, 2 Dems in primaries for Mississippi lt. gov Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A teacher who wants to dismantle the Common Core academic standards is trying to defeat Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in the Republican primary.
- Maine Lobster Festival wrapping up with cod carrying contest Updated: Aug-02-15 11:32 am
ROCKLAND, Maine - The Maine Lobster Festival is wrapping in Rockland, Maine, with a contest in which children carry cod fish.
- Boston to host fourth annual seafood festival Updated: Aug-02-15 11:29 am
BOSTON - A celebrity chef "Seafood Throwdown," an oyster-shucking contest and an all-day lobster bake will be featured at the fourth annual Boston Seafood Festival.
- Death penalty group 'cautiously optimistic' about signatures Updated: Aug-02-15 10:16 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Organizers of a campaign to reinstate Nebraska's death penalty say they're cautiously optimistic that they'll gather enough signatures to place the issue on the 2016 ballot, triggering a showdown with opponents who pledge to wage a strong campaign of their own.
- 2 struck, injured by shooter at Latino festival in Cleveland Updated: Aug-02-15 9:56 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say someone fired shots into a large crowd attending the city's Latino Festival, injuring at least two people.
- New Hampshire hits peak fair season Updated: Aug-02-15 8:47 am
SWANZEY, New Hampshire - The Cheshire Fair is wrapping up in Swanzey, but there are plenty more coming up as New Hampshire approaches peak fair season.
- Annual New Hampshire Craftsmen's Fair starts 9-day run Updated: Aug-01-15 3:46 pm
NEWBURY, New Hampshire - The 82nd annual League of New Hampshire Craftsmen's Fair - billed as the nation's oldest continuously running crafts fair - is underway at the Mount Sunapee Resort in Newbury.
- Work on Illinois State Fair venues ramps up before opening Updated: Aug-01-15 3:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Paving, planting and other work is happening at the Illinois fairgrounds to get ready for this month's State Fair, which starts in less than two weeks.
- State Fair's Senior Day set Aug. 4 for older Ohioans Updated: Aug-01-15 11:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Older Ohioans can get free blood pressure and other health screenings amid the funnel cakes, corn dogs and other Ohio State Fair fare.
- Bangor State Fair expected to bring 60,000 to Queen City Updated: Aug-01-15 11:16 am
BANGOR, Maine - The Bangor State Fair is in full swing with more than 60,000 people expected to head to Maine's Queen City for carnival games, livestock shows and a demolition derby.
- Newport Jazz Festival continues with second day of music Updated: Aug-01-15 9:40 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The second day of the Newport Jazz Festival is continuing, with its 60th anniversary celebration of jazz legend Miles Davis .
- 3-day Newport Jazz Festival kicks off; Miles Davis honored Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's Newport Jazz Festival has kicked off its three-day celebration of all things jazz, including a tribute to jazz legend Miles Davis.
- Orem family shares Native American cultures in Utah Valley Updated: Jul-31-15 2:41 pm
PROVO, Utah - If you've witnessed the elaborate feathered costumes and traditional jingle dresses in local Native American cultural presentations, you've likely seen a performance by Gary Fields and his family.
- 11-day festival planned along with Michigan's ArtPrize event Updated: Jul-31-15 9:02 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An 11-day festival is planned along with Michigan's 19-day ArtPrize competition.
- Ohio State Fair breaks opening day attendance record Updated: Jul-31-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Fair had a record-breaking opening day.
- County, state fairs cut back harness racing in Illinois Updated: Jul-30-15 2:28 pm
DUQUOIN, Illinois - The decline of harness racing in Illinois continues as several county fairs and both state fairs reduce the number of racing days this summer amid the current state budget stalemate.
- Grant to fund access for disabled at Shakepeare Festival Updated: Jul-30-15 1:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Shakespeare Festival is spending a $250,000 grant on making a courtyard more accessible to people using wheelchairs, canes and walkers.
- A Life Lesson: Children learn agriculture, taxes Updated: Jul-30-15 7:05 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Kids have a lot to worry about these days.
- Missouri State Fair to get $4 million for repairs, upgrades Updated: Jul-30-15 5:04 am
SEDALIA, Missouri - Nearly $4 million in improvements are set to be made to the Missouri State Fairgrounds.
- Presidential hopeful Kasich says running Ohio still priority Updated: Jul-29-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said running the state remains his top priority even as he campaigns elsewhere for the Republican presidential nomination.