- MMA comes to heartland of Thai kickboxing Updated: May-24-16 12:37 am
BANGKOK - Of all the various fighting styles that combine to create the burgeoning sport of Mixed Martial Arts, it is Thai kickboxing which is at the core of the new discipline. Yet it has taken until this week for Thailand to host its first major MMA event.
- UFC star McGregor remains 'committed to the fight game' Updated: May-22-16 1:40 pm
Conor McGregor says his dispute with UFC became a "publicized civil war" once he refused to participate in a promotion for a fight and the wildly popular fighter took his unhappiness to social media.
- Brother of Brussels bomber wins European taekwondo gold Updated: May-21-16 2:53 pm
MONTREUX, Switzerland - Mourad Laachraoui, the brother of one of the Brussels airport suicide bombers, keeps enhancing his Olympic taekwondo prospects after winning his third gold medal this year.
- Bisping new opponent for Rockhold in UFC 199 main event bout Updated: May-18-16 5:15 pm
UFC has named Michael Bisping as the new opponent for Luke Rockhold in the UFC 199 middleweight championship bout.
- AP source: Weidman out of UFC 199 with injury Updated: May-17-16 6:47 pm
Chris Weidman has withdrawn from his UFC 199 middleweight championship bout because of an undisclosed injury, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
- UFC champ Miocic hits home run in BP with Indians Updated: May-17-16 6:33 pm
CLEVELAND - Stipe Miocic can knock out more than opponents in the octagon.
- UFC fighters get a lesson in training Updated: May-17-16 3:56 pm
PHOENIX - Paul Felder finished a set of shoulder presses followed by squats with kettle bells and walked across the EXOS weight room, his chest heaving as he spoke to no one in particular.
- Miocic beats Werdum and is the new UFC heavyweight champion Updated: May-15-16 2:13 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Stipe Miocic of the United States beat Brazil's Fabricio Werdum in front of his shocked home crowd on Saturday to become the new UFC heavyweight champion.
- Brazil's Justino beats Smith at women's bout at UFC 198 Updated: May-14-16 11:55 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian Cris "Cyborg" Justino needed one minute and 20 seconds to knock out Leslie Smith of the United States in a women's bout at UFC 198 in Curitiba, Southern Brazil on Saturday.
- UFC ready to shift buzz toward stacked Brazilian card Updated: May-13-16 3:55 pm
UFC 198's roughly $50 pay-per-view price tag is a steal compared to the numbers floated for the cost of buying the promotion.
- Former champion Silva out of fight against Hall in Brazil Updated: May-11-16 1:48 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has withdrawn from his scheduled fight against Uriah Hall of Jamaica on Saturday in the city of Curitiba in southern Brazil.
- Arrest made in hit-and-run death of MMA fighter in Florida Updated: May-08-16 12:54 pm
DELRAY BEACH, Florida - Police in Florida have arrested a man whose license had been suspended for the fatal crash that killed mixed martial arts fighter Jordan Parsons.
- Arrest made in hit-and-run death of MMA fighter in Florida Updated: May-08-16 12:52 pm
DELRAY BEACH, Florida - Police in Florida have arrested a 28-year-old man in the fatal crash that killed mixed martial arts fighter Jordan Parsons.
- UFC replaces nixed McGregor fight with Jones-Cormier rematch Updated: Apr-27-16 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - UFC replaced its canceled Conor McGregor fight for another rematch, Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight title at UFC 200.
- Former refugee wants to earn Rio taekwondo medal as Belgian Updated: Apr-27-16 7:29 am
BRUSSELS - For a refugee, competing in the Olympics is an improbable dream. Now, former Iranian taekwondo fighter Raheleh Asemani seeks to go one better - earn a medal for her newly adopted nation, Belgium.
- Boxing, football legends hail research into brain damage Updated: Apr-26-16 3:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Former football star Herschel Walker and former heavyweight champion Larry Holmes say they are all too aware of the toll that blows to the head can take on an athlete's brain.