- German nationalist slammed over black soccer player comment Updated: May-29-16 12:32 pm
BERLIN - A top member of a rising German nationalist party drew sharp criticism Sunday for reportedly saying that many people wouldn't want Jerome Boateng, a key player on Germany's national soccer team whose father was born in Ghana, as their neighbor.
- The Latest: Hollande in World War I speech: Protect Europe Updated: May-29-16 11:54 am
VERDUN, France - The Latest on the ceremonies commemorating the Battle of Verdun in World War I (all times local):
- Savchenko's return heralds new turmoil in Ukraine Updated: May-26-16 12:03 pm
MOSCOW - After being freed from a Russian jail, Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko stands to emerge as a wild new force in Ukraine's already volatile politics.
- Taiwan minister hopes to work with China on health issues Updated: May-25-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - Taiwan hopes to work with China to help improve the health of people "on both sides of the Taiwan Strait" and is engaging more with the world to fight viruses like Zika, MERS, Ebola and dengue, the Taiwanese health minister said in an interview Wednesday.
- After migrants, German nationalist party takes aim at Islam Updated: May-23-16 11:46 am
ERFURT, Germany - Weeks after declaring that there is no place for Islam in Germany, a surging nationalist party has sharpened its rhetoric against prominent Islamic groups and suggested limiting the religious freedom of the more than 4 million Muslims in the country.
- New Taiwan president omits one-China principle in speech Updated: May-20-16 10:26 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's new independence-leaning President Tsai Ing-wen tread carefully around the thorny issue of relations with China in her inaugural address Friday, emphasizing the importance of two decades of growing exchanges without mentioning the one-China principle fundamental to Beijing.
- Indian ruling party makes dramatic gains in Assam state poll Updated: May-19-16 6:10 am
NEW DELHI - India's ruling Hindu nationalist party made dramatic gains in elections in the eastern state of Assam but trailed in four other states, the election commission said Thursday.
- Croats commemorate WWII massacre amid far-right surge Updated: May-14-16 11:49 am
BLEIBURG, Austria - Thousands of far-right supporters, many brandishing insignia and waving flags of Croatia's World War II Ustasha regime, gathered Saturday in a field in southern Austria to commemorate the massacre of pro-Nazis by victorious communists at the end of the war.
- Divine intervention? Indian Hindus ask gods to help Trump Updated: May-11-16 9:29 am
NEW DELHI - Donald Trump may find it tough to get Republican leaders behind his campaign, but he's got some faraway fans trying to get the gods on his side.
- Trump campaign blames computer error for delegate mix-up Updated: May-11-16 4:28 am
LOS ANGELES - Donald Trump's campaign said a computer error resulted in a prominent white nationalist being mistakenly included on a list of his potential California delegates, an embarrassment for a candidate who has been criticized before for being too slow to distance himself from former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.
- Cultural identity fades among second-generation immigrants Updated: May-07-16 2:10 am
RUPERT, Idaho - Henry Etcheverry whistled, and a row of sheep dashed down a fenced dirt path. On the other end, two men branded the freshly sheared animals.
- EU official Tusk: Idea of one European nation is 'illusion' Updated: May-05-16 4:08 pm
ROME - Worried about anti-European Union sentiment fueling nationalism on the continent, a top official said Thursday that the bloc must "stop the radicals" from gaining power by making citizens feel safe amid the migrant crisis.
- Myanmar anti-Muslim activist arrested for post about Suu Kyi Updated: May-05-16 8:59 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A prominent anti-Muslim activist has been arrested for posting a provocative statement on Facebook about Myanmar's army commander and the country's de facto leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, the head of a Buddhist nationalist group and a human rights lawyer said Thursday.
- Nationalist party declares Islam doesn't belong to Germany Updated: May-01-16 9:53 am
BERLIN - Members of the nationalist Alternative for Germany party have backed a political program that says Islam doesn't belong to Germany and supports a ban against minarets, muezzin calls and headscarves for women and girls in school.
- Prominent Russian novelist attacked Updated: Apr-29-16 9:46 am
MOSCOW - The Kremlin's spokesman has denounced nationalist demonstrators who threw green liquid on a prominent Russian novelist.