- Brown finalizes plan to create more diverse community Updated: Feb-02-16 1:00 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University has finalized a plan aimed at creating a more diverse and inclusive academic community and addressing issues of racism and discrimination.
- Judge eyes deal involving racial claim at Arizona prisons Updated: Feb-01-16 3:17 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A federal judge said Monday she was considering an agreement between Arizona and an inmate to end a claim of racial segregation in the state's 10 prisons.
- Missouri judge education to include racial bias training Updated: Jan-27-16 12:55 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's chief justice says judges will receive bias training following reports of racial disparity in the handling of some juvenile cases.
- Wider change in Hollywood sought after Academy reforms Updated: Jan-23-16 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - The widespread outrage over two straight years of largely white Oscar nominees coalesced behind three damning, viral words: "OscarsSoWhite." The hashtag, which activist April Reign is credited with creating, lent social-media unity to a tide of frustration that on Friday led to diversity reforms announced by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences.
- Charlotte Rampling clarifies controversial diversity remarks Updated: Jan-22-16 8:11 pm
LONDON - Academy Award-nominated actress Charlotte Rampling said her comments that an Oscars' boycott is "racist to white people" were misinterpreted. In a statement to CBS News' "Sunday Morning" on Friday, Rampling said she wished every performance were given equal opportunity for consideration.
- As urgency fades, Dayton checks outlook of special session Updated: Jan-21-16 9:41 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - It's time for a special session status check.
- Idris Elba: Lack of diversity is not just a US problem Updated: Jan-19-16 7:13 am
LONDON - A lack of diversity in films and television is not just an American problem, according to actor Idris Elba.
- Navy personnel chief confident about female submariners Updated: Jan-14-16 10:25 pm
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - The U.S. Navy's top human resources officer said Thursday he's confident the service will overcome any cultural barriers to fully integrating women into the submarine force.
- Iowa justice: Judicial system is tackling racial disparity Updated: Jan-13-16 6:57 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The head of the Iowa Supreme Court told lawmakers Wednesday the state is making progress in addressing racial disparity in its criminal justice system, crediting new staff training and the implementation of local pilot programs that focus on juveniles.
- New CBS entertainment chief vows more prime-time diversity Updated: Jan-12-16 6:35 pm
PASADENA, California - CBS is committed to increasing the diversity of its prime-time series, the network's new programming chief said, offering himself as evidence.
- German state launches new legal classes for refugees Updated: Jan-12-16 11:25 am
BERLIN - A German state has launched a program to teach refugees the basics of law in their new host country, with about 800 judges, prosecutors and judicial officials as their teachers.