- Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill restricting paparazzi drones Updated: Oct-06-15 8:13 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest on legislation signed by California Gov. Jerry Brown (all times local):
- Alabama judges use segregation-era law to avoid gay marriage Updated: Oct-03-15 11:01 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - As Alabama's all-white Legislature tried to preserve racial segregation and worried about the possibility of mixed-race marriages in 1961, lawmakers rewrote state law to make it optional for counties to issue marriage licenses.
- St. Louis County police urged to strengthen protest planning Updated: Oct-02-15 1:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis County police must strengthen policies for handling protests, improve training on diversity and community policing, and do a better job of hiring and promoting minorities and women, according to a report released Friday by the Department of Justice.
- Apple names ex-Boeing CFO to board, diversifying its ranks Updated: Oct-01-15 6:01 pm
CUPERTINO, California - Apple has filled a void on its board of directors with James Bell, the former chief financial officer for aircraft maker Boeing Co.
- Major companies form group to push for LGBT rights globally Updated: Sep-29-15 3:59 pm
NEW YORK - A dozen corporations, including Google Inc., Microsoft Corp., and Coca-Cola Co., are joining a new coalition to push for LGBT rights in the workplace in places beyond the U.S. and Western Europe.