- The Latest: German chancellor pays tribute to Paris victims Updated: Nov-25-15 1:43 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Report: Lake no cleaner after year 1 of disputed experiment Updated: Nov-25-15 1:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An experiment that prompted lawmakers to delay for years the promised but costly cleanup of a key water supply for about 300,000 people in the Raleigh-Durham region has produced no tangible results, a state report said.
- City approves zoning change clearing way for solar farm Updated: Nov-25-15 1:25 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Cranston has approved a zoning change that clears the way for a solar farm.
- EPA nixes approval of new weed killer for engineered crops Updated: Nov-25-15 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency Wednesday withdrew approval of a controversial new weed killer to be used on genetically modified corn and soybeans.
- Funding restored to Milan Community Forest Project Updated: Nov-25-15 12:23 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The U.S. Forest Service says it is restoring $400,000 in funding for the Milan Community Forest Project, originally removed to pay for wildfire suppression, instead.
- Polish minister: Country against further gas emission cuts Updated: Nov-25-15 12:20 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's new environment minister said Wednesday he is against further cuts in carbon gas emissions, a key topic during climate talks next week in Paris.
- Alaska wants Fairbanks area split into 2 air quality zones Updated: Nov-25-15 11:40 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The state of Alaska is calling on the federal government to split Fairbanks and North Pole into separate smoke pollution non-attainment areas.
- Urban farmers find that success leads to eviction Updated: Nov-25-15 11:17 am
OMAHA, Nebraska -
- UN weather agency: It's record hot out there this year Updated: Nov-25-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - Because of man-made global warming and a strong El Nino, Earth's wild weather this year is bursting the annual heat record, the World Meteorological Organization announced on Wednesday.
- Roof of southern Utah waste water treatment plant collapses Updated: Nov-25-15 10:43 am
ST. GEORGE, Utah - St. George officials say part of the roof of a waste water processing facility has collapsed.
- Hidden grove showcases largest trees in Columbia Gorge Updated: Nov-25-15 10:30 am
WILLARD, Washington - To find the largest waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge, all that's required is a drive out Interstate 84 to the many viewpoints and trailheads east of Portland.
- Essentials: Wicked cool stuff, old and new, to do in Boston Updated: Nov-25-15 10:16 am
BOSTON - No bucket list is complete without at least one trip to Boston, a city that's forever coming up with new ways to entice visitors to return.
- 4 plucked from ocean after boat capsizes near Long Beach Updated: Nov-25-15 10:06 am
LONG BEACH, California - Rescuers plucked four people from the ocean outside Long Beach Harbor after their boat capsized in big swells.
- Federal judge grants trial delay in BP oil spill fraud case Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has agreed to delay until Feb. 1 the BP fraud case against San Antonio attorney Mikal Watts and six others.
- Asian carp barrier nearly done at northeast Indiana wetland Updated: Nov-25-15 9:11 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A nearly 2 mile-long earthen berm through a northeastern Indiana marsh that's designed to keep Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes is nearly complete months after heavy rains temporarily halted the project.
- Wildlife managers investigate shooting of sandhill cranes Updated: Nov-25-15 8:53 am
SHAWANO COUNTY, Wisconsin - Wildlife managers are investigating to find out who killed a pair of protected sandhill cranes in Shawano County.
- State asks to dismiss lawsuit challenging trespassing laws Updated: Nov-25-15 8:41 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming attorney general has asked a U.S. District Court judge to dismiss a lawsuit challenging state laws about data trespassing.
- NY businessman gets jail term for hazardous waste violation Updated: Nov-25-15 8:20 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - A federal judge has sentenced the owner of an industrial recycling business along New York's Southern Tier to 366 days in federal prison for improperly storing and disposing of hazardous waste.
- Kaibab National Forest adds to roster of rental cabins Updated: Nov-25-15 8:13 am
FREDONIA, Arizona - A national forest in northern Arizona is adding another cabin to its roster of rental offerings.
- Endangered bat, cacti subjects of new federal lawsuit Updated: Nov-25-15 8:10 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Agricultural groups in New Mexico and Texas want two cacti and a rare bat thrown off the federal endangered species list.
- VW to offer quick fix for diesel engines in Europe Updated: Nov-25-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - Volkswagen says it will take less than an hour to bring 1.6 and 2.0 liter turbodiesel engines in Europe into line with emissions rules.
- Climate changes take heavy toll on Ugandan coffee farmers Updated: Nov-25-15 5:34 am
KASESE, Uganda - Luka Kinyere felt the wet, dark volcanic soil in his calloused palm, thankful for the rain that was falling again after a dry spell.
- Xi to give speech at opening of Paris climate conference Updated: Nov-25-15 1:38 am
BEIJING - President Xi Jinping will speak at a key climate change conference in Paris later this month, before making state visits to South Africa and Zimbabwe, officials announced Wednesday.
- US agency cleaning up contaminated site in Grand Rapids Updated: Nov-24-15 9:26 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Crews are expected to begin cleaning up a contaminated property in Grand Rapids that contains thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals next week.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.