- Highway closed, evacuations ordered near Montana wildfires Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - An advancing wildfire led to the evacuation about 100 residents Thursday from their homes on the southern boundary of Montana's Glacier National Park and forced the closure of a main highway.
- 8 people injured in Bellevue wrong-way crash Updated: Aug-27-15 7:41 pm
BELLEVUE, Washington - Eight people were injured Thursday in a multiple-car crash in suburban Bellevue.
- Man surrenders to police in crash that killed bicyclist Updated: Aug-27-15 7:29 pm
MONTAGUE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 26-year-old western Michigan faces charges in a hit-and-run crash that killed a 50-year-old Detroit-area bicyclist.
- Lenexa patrol car not hit by bullet Updated: Aug-27-15 7:13 pm
LENEXA, Kansas - Investigators have determined that the windshield on a Lenexa patrol cracked from a stress fracture and not from a bullet as earlier believed.
- Students injured in collision between dump truck and bus Updated: Aug-27-15 5:49 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Officials say five Florida Panhandle high school students have been taken to local hospitals after their school bus was hit by a dump truck and flipped on its side.
- With 2 killings this week, Louisiana police deaths rising Updated: Aug-27-15 4:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police badges in Louisiana are banded with black ribbons more than usual this year, a grim reminder that officer deaths are on the rise with two killings just this week alone.
- Pedestrian, car passenger die in accident in southern NJ Updated: Aug-27-15 4:03 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, New Jersey - Authorities say a passenger in a car that struck and killed a pedestrian in southern New Jersey has also died.
- Man dies after crashing motorcycle into school bus Updated: Aug-27-15 3:59 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - A central Florida man is dead after authorities say he crashed his motorcycle into a school bus while fleeing a traffic stop.
- 4 plead not guilty in fiery NY crash that killed 2 kids, dad Updated: Aug-27-15 3:48 pm
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A high-speed race along a suburban New York parkway led to a crash that ended in the fiery deaths of a father and his two children, prompting authorities to indict one of the drivers on vehicular homicide, drunken driving and other charges.
- Prosecutor appeals reversal in GM ignition-related fatality Updated: Aug-27-15 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - A prosecutor is appealing a judge's decision to reverse the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman because a faulty General Motors ignition switch.
- Feds: Land eyed for stadium must be sold for market value Updated: Aug-27-15 3:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal highway regulators have told state officials that if the Pawtucket Red Sox build a stadium on land that was supposed to be a park, the land will have to be sold at fair market value first, a requirement that could add millions to the bottom line.
- Woman struck, killed after jumping from truck Updated: Aug-27-15 3:15 pm
SMYRNA, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a woman who jumped from a truck her husband was driving was struck and killed by the vehicle.
- 4 New York men killed when car plunges down embankment Updated: Aug-27-15 2:56 pm
SAUGERTIES, New York - A car carrying five young co-workers plunged down a 110-foot embankment in the Hudson Valley, hit a house and came to rest on its roof, killing four men inside, police said.
- ND man accused in fatal boat crash makes court appearance Updated: Aug-27-15 2:53 pm
DEVILS LAKE, North Dakota - The attorney for a 54-year-old Grand Forks man facing criminal charges in a fatal boat crash says he's devastated by the incident.
- Engineers working on plan for I-65 bridge near Lafayette Updated: Aug-27-15 2:25 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Engineers could soon have a repair plan for an Interstate 65 bridge over Wildcat Creek, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
- School bus collides with drill rig, no kids on board Updated: Aug-27-15 1:25 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - An Iron County School District bus collided with a drill rig near Cedar City.
- Man hit by car after confronting driver about stolen vehicle Updated: Aug-27-15 1:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a man was run over by a car after confronting the person who stole his vehicle in Salt Lake City.
- Woman dies from injuries in crash with driver fleeing police Updated: Aug-27-15 1:04 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond police say a woman has died from injuries suffered in a wreck involving a driver who was fleeing officers.
- Police: pilot in Maine plane crash presumed dead Updated: Aug-27-15 12:07 pm
HOULTON, Maine - Police say the pilot is presumed dead in a small plane crash, the wreckage of which was found in a manmade pond in the northern Maine town of Houlton.
- 2-vehicle crash on Ward County gravel road kills Plaza woman Updated: Aug-27-15 11:30 am
MAKOTI, North Dakota - A Plaza woman is dead after a two-vehicle collision on a Ward County gravel road.
- Bus riders to protest against possible RIPTA fare hikes Updated: Aug-27-15 11:17 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Bus riders are planning a rush-hour rally to protest possible fare hikes on the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority.
- Tucson bus strike leads to college deadline extension Updated: Aug-27-15 11:07 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima Community College is extending a fall registration deadline to accommodate students who may be affected by a Tucson bus strike.
- Bozeman hit-and-run suspect pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-27-15 10:26 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man accused of striking and critically injuring a 72-year-old pedestrian with his vehicle has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
- Nebraskan faces October trial on Iowa hit-and-run charge Updated: Aug-27-15 9:48 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An October trial has been scheduled for a Nebraska man charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident in Iowa.
- Arizona DPS arrests driver in an alleged road-road incident Updated: Aug-27-15 9:22 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety troopers have arrested a driver following a reported road-rage incident.