- Monument planned for 1901 fatal train crash Updated: Feb-08-16 3:30 am
SAND CREEK, Michigan - Plans are in the works to put up a gravesite monument for a fatal train crash in rural southeastern Michigan in 1901.
- Divers find 2 bodies, wreckage of small plane off California Updated: Feb-08-16 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Two bodies and the wreckage of a small plane were found Sunday by divers searching in the water off Southern California for evidence following a midair collision believed to have killed three people, authorities said.
- The Latest: Divers found 2 bodies, wreckage of 1 plane Updated: Feb-08-16 12:13 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a midair collision between two small planes (all times local):
- Injured traffic officer back on road after 5-month recovery Updated: Feb-07-16 9:16 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - It took him five months to get out of a wheelchair and back on his motorcycle after a traffic wreck in September. But sheriff's Lt. Keith Faul has reached his goal: he's back riding in the squad that clears the way for Terrebonne Parish Mardi Gras parades.
- 2 killed when speeding car crashes into unoccupied LA house Updated: Feb-07-16 8:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police said two people who were fleeing a gunman were killed when their speeding vehicle crashed into an unoccupied home in Los Angeles.
- Travel alert issued for northeast, southeast North Dakota Updated: Feb-07-16 8:43 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Strong winds, reduced visibility and icy roads are expected to make driving hazardous eastern North Dakota.
- Somalia spokesman: Video shows laptop handed to bomb suspect Updated: Feb-07-16 6:31 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Security video footage taken at Mogadishu airport shows two men handing what looks like a laptop computer to the suspected suicide bomber after he passed through the security checkpoint, Somalia's government spokesman said Sunday.
- St. Louis area officer injured when hit by car Updated: Feb-07-16 6:08 pm
KIRKWOOD, Missouri - A St. Louis area police officer has been hospitalized after being hit by a car.
- 1 person dies in a single-vehicle crash in southeast Atlanta Updated: Feb-07-16 3:53 pm
ATLANTA - Police say a person has died in a single-vehicle crash on an interstate in southeast Atlanta.
- Police identify fugitive fatally shot by police Updated: Feb-07-16 3:14 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Police have identified a fugitive who was fatally shot by police as 38-year-old Ronald Barawis Jr. of Kailua-Kona.
- Weather blamed in fatal crash in northern Twin Cities Updated: Feb-07-16 2:58 pm
BROOKLYN PARK, Minnesota - Authorities say wintry weather played a role in a fatal crash in the northern Twin Cities last week.
- Eugene police begin special driving enforcement Monday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:54 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police say they will begin a special driving enforcement Monday to look for distracted, unbuckled or speeding drivers. The two-week effort will look for drivers committing the three most common violations that contribute to crash-related deaths: speeding, not using seat belts and talking on the phone while driving.
- 3 killed after brief police chase in San Francisco streets Updated: Feb-07-16 2:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Three people died in a fiery crash after a car fleeing authorities crashed into a taxi in San Francisco streets, officials said Sunday.
- SUV strikes Blaine man trying to remove recliner from road Updated: Feb-07-16 2:48 pm
ROSEVILLE, Minnesota - The Minnesota State Patrol says multiple mistakes led to a Blaine man being struck by an SUV as he tried to remove a recliner from a freeway.
- Conway man struck, killed by vehicle on Highway 65 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:30 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a Conway man was killed when he was struck by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 65 north of Conway.
- Freight train hits car on tracks in northern New Jersey Updated: Feb-07-16 1:08 pm
DUMONT, New Jersey - Authorities say a freight train struck a vehicle on the tracks in northern New Jersey, sending one person to the hospital.
- U of Cincinnati hires police consultant after fatal shooting Updated: Feb-07-16 1:06 pm
CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati has hired an outside consultant for nearly $400,000 to review its police department for reforms in the aftermath of an officer's fatal shooting of a motorist during a traffic stop over a missing front license plate.
- Correction: McKenzie County Fatal story Updated: Feb-07-16 1:03 pm
ALEXANDER, North Dakota - In a story Feb. 6 about a fatal North Dakota crash, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the driver of a GMC Sierra pickup truck was killed in a crash with a GMC Jimmy. It was the Jimmy driver who was killed. The AP also erroneously reported that the Sierra was heading south, when it was heading north, and that the Jimmy struck the Sierra's passenger-side door, when it was the Sierra that struck the Jimmy's passenger-side door.
- Man killed while crossing highway on foot after crash Updated: Feb-07-16 12:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man whose car crashed on an interstate highway in northern New Jersey was killed as he tried to cross the roadway on foot.
- Woman killed, child injured in four-vehicle Hollywood crash Updated: Feb-07-16 11:43 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say a 70-year-old woman was killed and two others were injured in a crash involving four vehicles on a residential street in Hollywood.
- Lawmakers to vote on truck toll bill as opposition continues Updated: Feb-07-16 11:31 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to toll big-rig trucks traveling Rhode Island highways is moving toward important votes in the state's General Assembly despite some opposition.
- Prosecutors: Officer struck, seriously injured by vehicle Updated: Feb-07-16 10:42 am
DOVER, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey police officer was hospitalized with serious injuries after he was struck by a vehicle while investigating a complaint.
- 2 teenagers killed, 2 injured in York County crash Updated: Feb-07-16 10:42 am
HICKORY GROVE, South Carolina - A motor vehicle accident in rural York County has claimed the lives of two teenagers and left two others in the hospital.
- 3 children dead, 7 people injured, in Central Florida crash Updated: Feb-07-16 9:57 am
POINCIANA, Florida - Three children died and seven people were injured in a car crash in Polk County.
- Former aircraft company executive killed in Arizona crash Updated: Feb-06-16 10:32 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - A former president of a major aircraft manufacturer was one of the two people killed after their World War II-era plane crashed and burned near the town of Maricopa.