- Man faces charges in police chase that ended with 5 injured Updated: Nov-25-15 7:10 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man is facing charges in a high-speed chase over the weekend that ended in a two-vehicle crash that injured a 12-year-old and four others.
- The Latest: Turkey: Minister talks planned on downed plane Updated: Nov-25-15 7:10 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the war in Syria, including Russian warplane shot down by Turkey. All times local:
- VDOT aims to smooth holiday traffic by lifting lane closures Updated: Nov-25-15 7:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is smoothing the way for travelers by suspending highway work zones during the long Thanksgiving holiday.
- Patrol reminds Ohio motorists to wear vehicle safety belts Updated: Nov-25-15 6:57 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol is reminding Ohioans that safety belts provide the single most effective way for motorists to protect themselves as large numbers of people are expected to take to the roads over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Man hurt in shooting outside Philadelphia transit center Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a 20-year-old man is hospitalized after a shooting outside a Philadelphia transit center.
- 2 men rescued after boat capsizes in Mississippi Sound Updated: Nov-25-15 6:20 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources rescued two men who went missing after their boat capsized in the Mississippi Sound.
- New Polish gov't reopens questions about 2010 plane crash Updated: Nov-25-15 6:08 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's new conservative government has shut down the website of a state investigation into the 2010 plane crash that killed President Lech Kaczynski, reopening debate over the disaster.
- Man who pleaded guilty in fatal crash says car had a defect Updated: Nov-25-15 4:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A man who admitted to causing a fatal car crash that killed his girlfriend says a defect in the car was partially responsible.
- Service to resume after Amtrak Vermont train hit tree Updated: Nov-25-15 4:50 am
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - Officials say an Amtrak Vermonter train struck a fallen tree on the tracks, causing some passengers to be rerouted on buses to Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Man gets prison time in 2014 crash that killed friend Updated: Nov-25-15 4:43 am
RIVERHEAD, New York - A Long Island man is heading to prison after admitting to being behind the wheel of a speeding car that flipped, killing his friend last year.
- Woman dies in I-90 rollover east of Drummond Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities say a woman has died after losing control of her pickup truck on the icy roads of Interstate 90 near Drummond.
- Extra lane to open on I-15 for Thanksgiving traffic Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - State transportation officials will open an extra lane of travel in each direction on I-15 at Point of the Mountain for Thanksgiving Day travelers.
- TDOT halts lane closures during Thanksgiving holiday Updated: Nov-25-15 3:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Transportation Department will halt all lane closure activity on interstates and state highways during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Prosecutors in bridge case say they have nothing to hide Updated: Nov-25-15 2:58 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors in the 2013 George Washington Bridge lane-closing case say they have nothing to hide.
- Third search ship joins hunt for missing Malaysian airliner Updated: Nov-25-15 2:33 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A third ship will join the deep sea hunt for a missing Malaysian airliner as the 13-month-old search of a huge expanse of the Indian Ocean ramps up during the southern hemisphere summer, officials said Wednesday.
- Obama and Hollande pledge solidarity against Islamic State Updated: Nov-24-15 8:53 pm
WASHINGTON - In a show of Western solidarity, President Barack Obama and French President Francois Hollande vowed Tuesday to escalate airstrikes against the Islamic State and bolster intelligence sharing following the deadly attacks in Paris. They called on Russia to join the international efforts, but only if Moscow ends its support for Syria's embattled president.
- Phoenix police: Woman on bike killed in hit-and-run accident Updated: Nov-24-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix have released the name of a woman who was killed in a hit-and-run accident.
- Man enters plea in fatal crash caused by distracted driving Updated: Nov-24-15 8:02 pm
GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 40-year-old man has pleaded guilty to a charge related to a distracted driving crash that killed a 13-year-old western Michigan boy.
- Metro Phoenix transit CEO resigns amid expense report probe Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - The CEO of the Phoenix metropolitan area's bus and light-rail systems announced his resignation Tuesday amid a newspaper's investigation into his expense reports, which included first-class flights and expensive dinner and hotel tabs.
- Tunisia declares state of emergency after bus blast kills 12 Updated: Nov-24-15 7:31 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia's president declared a 30-day state of emergency across the country and imposed an overnight curfew for the capital Tuesday after an explosion struck a bus carrying members of the presidential guard, killing at least 12 people and wounding 20 others.
- Firefighter charged in fatal off-duty drunken driving crash Updated: Nov-24-15 7:26 pm
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - A suburban Detroit firefighter has been charged with second-degree murder and operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death in an off-duty crash that killed a 17-year-old girl.
- Australia calls for restraint after Russian plane shot down Updated: Nov-24-15 7:19 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's prime minister on Wednesday called for Russia and Turkey to show restraint over the shooting down of as Russian jet fighter near the Syria-Turkey border, adding Australia is paying close attention to the safety of Australian pilots over Syria.
- Non-life-threatening injuries reported in small plane crash Updated: Nov-24-15 6:41 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Gwinnett County police and fire officials say two people received non-life-threatening injuries after a small plane went down in a home's backyard.
- Philadelphia traffic stop ends in bloodshed, burning bus Updated: Nov-24-15 6:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 17-year-old who was in a car stopped for an expired car registration sticker traded gunfire with police during a Tuesday morning highway chase that ended with a fiery crash involving a school bus and a trooper with a gunshot wound, police said.
- SD man who pleaded guilty in fatal crash won't go to prison Updated: Nov-24-15 5:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A 77-year-old South Dakota man who pleaded guilty to a second-degree manslaughter charge stemming from a fatal car crash in May won't go to prison.