- Report: Small blaze hits Paris building; no injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:44 am
PARIS - French radio says a small blaze broke out in a building under renovation near a major Paris train station.
- Teen gets 3-15 years in death of popular tow truck driver Updated: Apr-29-16 11:43 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A young man has been sentenced to 3-15 years in prison in death of a popular tow truck driver who was struck while pulling a car from a ditch in St. Clair County.
- The Latest: Norway bans Airbus helicopter type from flying Updated: Apr-29-16 11:42 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Latest on the crash of a helicopter on an island off western Norway (all times local):
- Driver dies in Parks Highway crash south of Cantwell Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 am
CANTWELL, Alaska - A driver died early Thursday morning in a crash on the Parks Highway about 15 miles south of Cantwell.
- Students suffer minor injuries in NLR bus collision Updated: Apr-29-16 11:36 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - North Little Rock police say about a dozen schoolchildren complained of minor injuries after a car struck their school bus Friday morning.
- Pilot says he saw 1 of 2 missing teen fishermen Updated: Apr-29-16 11:20 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A pilot who was part of a massive search to find two missing teen fishermen told investigators he's positive he saw one floating on debris two days after their boat capsized.
- The Latest: Patrol to create computer model of Georgia crash Updated: Apr-29-16 11:19 am
ATHENS, Georgia - The Latest on a car crash that killed four University of Georgia students (all times local):
- Police: Suspect who shot Ore. police officer is wanted felon Updated: Apr-29-16 11:18 am
GRESHAM, Oregon - Gresham police say the man who shot a police officer after a late-night traffic crash was wanted for a federal parole violation stemming from a bank robbery.
- 11 dead, 2 missing after oil-rig helicopter crash off Norway Updated: Apr-29-16 11:00 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - An oil-rig helicopter crashed Friday on an island off the coast of western Norway, killing 11 people and leaving two others missing, a rescue official said.
- Report: SC firefighter killed after trying to jump on truck Updated: Apr-29-16 10:53 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - A report from state troopers says a South Carolina firefighter who died last month had tried to jump onto a fire truck.
- SUV crashes into day care center, pinning toddler Updated: Apr-29-16 10:51 am
BILLERICA, Massachusetts - Massachusetts police say a driver having a medical episode struck several cars and crashed through the wall of a day care center, pinning a toddler beneath the vehicle.
- FAA: Smoke in jet cabin, cockpit leads to emergency landing Updated: Apr-29-16 10:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - Federal safety investigators say a regional jet made an emergency landing in Philadelphia after smoke was reported in the cabin and the cockpit.
- 1 killed when train hits SUV in Great Barrington Updated: Apr-29-16 10:23 am
GREAT BARRINGTON, Massachusetts - Police say a 75-year-old man was killed when the SUV he was driving was struck by a train in Great Barrington.
- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- No charges against school bus driver in fatal hit-and-run Updated: Apr-29-16 9:59 am
YORK, South Carolina - No charges will be filed in a hit-and-run in which an elderly pedestrian was killed after being struck by the side mirror of a school bus.
- Bear cub killed after hit by motorcycle, driver injured Updated: Apr-29-16 8:42 am
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A motorcyclist was injured after hitting and killing a bear cub in New Jersey.
- Flags across Georgia fly at half-staff after deadly crash Updated: Apr-29-16 7:59 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Flags across Georgia are at half-staff in remembrance of four University of Georgia students killed and another critically injured in a high-speed car crash a few miles south of the Athens campus.
- Massachusetts Marine killed in Hawaii being honored Updated: Apr-29-16 7:23 am
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts town is saying its final goodbyes to local Marine who died in a helicopter crash in Hawaii earlier this year.
- Orange Ribbon Week shines spotlight on underage drinking Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 am
LAKE STATION, Indiana - Illusionist Jaden Maxwell used playing cards and a rope to show how illusions distort reality just as alcohol distorts perception.
- Wilmington restaurant owner honored for heroism Updated: Apr-29-16 4:59 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A New Hanover County restaurant owner is being honored by patrons after he helped pull a woman from her burning car.
- Officials: 58-year-old man killed by MBTA train in Medford Updated: Apr-29-16 4:31 am
MEDFORD, Massachusetts - Officials say a 58-year-old man was killed after he was hit by a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail train in suburban Boston.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 after fishing boat sinks in collision Updated: Apr-29-16 4:14 am
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The U.S. Coast Guard says it has rescued three men from a life raft after their fishing boat collided with a tug boat and sank six miles off the coast of southern New Jersey.
- Man accused of crashing into hotel charged in jail incident Updated: Apr-29-16 1:54 am
ALVA, Oklahoma - A man accused of crashing his pickup into the front desk of a northwestern Oklahoma hotel and nearly hitting two women is now facing additional charges involving a county jail incident.
- Bus catches fire on Illinois highway, delaying field trip Updated: Apr-29-16 12:19 am
GILMAN, Illinois - Students from a Champaign high school on their way to a field trip had to evacuate the bus that was shuttling them to Chicago after it started smoking and eventually caught fire.
- Pilot of plane that crashed and killed 5 found not negligent Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A Weld County jury has determined that two pilots were not negligent when their planes almost collided and one crashed, killing all five people on board in Erie in 2014.