- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- Advocacy groups call for stronger texting ban in Oklahoma Updated: May-22-16 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Just six months after Oklahoma's ban on texting and driving went into effect, advocacy groups are calling for even broader measures to curb distracted driving.
- Hassan signs 'Real ID' law on enhanced driver's license Updated: May-11-16 3:39 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan has signed into law a bill that gives New Hampshire residents the option to get an enhanced driver's license to comply with the federal "Real ID" law.
- Study: No scientific basis for laws on marijuana and driving Updated: May-10-16 12:26 am
WASHINGTON - Six states that allow marijuana use legal tests to determine driving while impaired by the drug that have no scientific basis, according to a study by the nation's largest automobile club that calls for scrapping those laws.
- Bill gives judges more leeway to restore driving privileges Updated: May-06-16 8:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation nearing Gov. Rick Snyder's desk would give people who have lost their driving privileges more of an opportunity to persuade a judge to restore their license under certain conditions.
- 14K driver's licenses revoked in Clarksville area Updated: May-04-16 2:21 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Thousands of people in the Clarksville area have received surprise notices in the mail that their licenses have been revoked because records show they have not paid court fines and fees dating back to 2012.
- Electronic driver's license bill moves to Senate for hearing Updated: May-04-16 4:54 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State senators will consider whether Louisiana drivers should be permitted to carry electronic licenses, after the proposal met little resistance from the full House.
- Iowa drunken driving deaths up but license revocations fall Updated: May-01-16 6:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The number of drunken driving deaths on Iowa roads has increased, but driver's license revocations are down.
- Synthetic narcotics spark new look at drugged- driving laws Updated: May-01-16 12:50 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Eighteen-year-old Kristian Roggio was riding in a friend's car when another driver careened across a Brooklyn street, colliding head-on and killing her. That driver had inhaled aerosol dust cleaner moments before to get high, and prosecutors say he was impaired enough to be charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Fallin signs bill to close drunken driving court loophole Updated: Apr-25-16 6:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill that prohibits most municipal courts from handling drunken driving cases is one of more than two dozen measures signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.