- Patrol reminds Ohio motorists to wear vehicle safety belts Updated: Nov-25-15 6:57 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol is reminding Ohioans that safety belts provide the single most effective way for motorists to protect themselves as large numbers of people are expected to take to the roads over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Correction: Bus Route Stalled story Updated: Nov-23-15 12:11 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - In a story Nov. 22 about a new bus service between Boulder and Denver, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Flatiron Flyer service would not begin operating as planned in the new year. The service will start running on Jan. 3 but buses will not have the option of driving on the shoulder when traffic backs up unless lawmakers pass an exemption to state law.
- House gives initial OK to hands-free cellphone bill Updated: Nov-18-15 10:32 am
BOSTON - A bill that would require hands-free cellphone use by Massachusetts drivers has been given preliminary approval by the state House of Representatives.
- Yuma bans using cellphones, electronics while driving Updated: Nov-05-15 11:03 am
YUMA, Arizona - The Yuma City Council has approved a ban on using cellphones or other electronic devices while driving.
- Lawsuit aims to reinstate driver cards law dumped by voters Updated: Nov-04-15 7:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon nonprofit filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to reinstate a state law that would have allowed people to get driver's cards if they can't prove they are in the U.S. legally.
- Utah lawmaker proposes electronic driver's licenses Updated: Nov-04-15 10:21 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A state legislator is proposing adding one more must-have app for our ubiquitous smart phones: A program that would contain a person's electronic driver's license.
- GOP lawmaker eyes Utah driver's license model for New Mexico Updated: Nov-03-15 6:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Republican lawmaker who has previously sought to repeal New Mexico's immigrant driver's license law said he will propose a bill next session modeled after one in Utah that allows foreign nationals to have "driving privilege cards."
- REAL ID move puts focus on New Mexico driver's licenses law Updated: Nov-02-15 6:24 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The federal government's decision to deny New Mexico an extension from tougher federal requirements on state driver's licenses is putting New Mexico's ID law back in the public eye.