- New Delaware law allows immigrant driving cards Updated: Jun-30-15 11:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation allowing certain people living in the U.S. illegally to gain driving privileges in Delaware.
- New laws taking effect Wednesday impact drivers, smokers Updated: Jun-30-15 5:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana drivers only have to renew their licenses every six years beginning Wednesday, but they'll have to pay more when they buy a car or seek a copy of their driving record.
- New laws on rape charges, slowpoke drivers taking effect Updated: Jun-30-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The religious objections law that sparked national threats to boycott Indiana is the most high-profile state statute taking effect Wednesday. But several dozen other laws - from enabling charges in older rape cases to targeting slow drivers - also are officially going on the books.
- Mississippi bans text-and-drive, repeals inspection sticker Updated: Jun-29-15 4:16 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Several new laws in Mississippi will affect people's everyday lives, including their driving habits. Here's a look at some proposals approved by the Legislature during the 2015 session and signed into law by Republican Gov. Phil Bryant:
- NC Senate budget proposes ending driver's ed. requirement Updated: Jun-27-15 10:06 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The fate of driver education in North Carolina looms uncertain as legislators ironing out the budget weigh whether to continue the program's funding, or possibly end the requirement for teenagers to take driving classes altogether.
- French taxi drivers smash cars in strike against Uber Updated: Jun-25-15 9:45 pm
PARIS - French taxi drivers pulled out the throttle in an all-out confrontation with the ultra-cheap Uber car service Thursday, smashing livery cars, setting tires ablaze and blocking traffic during a nationwide strike that caught tourists and celebrities alike in the mayhem.
- Drivers who smoke with children in car risk a fine in Tempe Updated: Jun-23-15 6:15 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Drivers who smoke with children in their car now risk a fine in Tempe.
- Uber says drivers and passengers banned from carrying guns Updated: Jun-19-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Ride-hailing app company Uber says it is banning its riders and drivers from carrying guns.
- Immigrant driver's licenses in New Mexico drop to record low Updated: Jun-18-15 4:57 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The number of newly issued driver's licenses to immigrants in New Mexico has plunged to its lowest level since the state began granting driving privileges to foreign nationals living in the country illegally, new records show.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jun-15-15 8:04 am
South Bend Tribune. June 10, 2015.
- Jose Mourinho banned from driving for 6 months for speeding Updated: Jun-11-15 8:54 am
LONDON - A British court has banned Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho from driving for six months after he was caught speeding.
- School officials call for cameras to help enforce law Updated: Jun-08-15 6:08 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Cameras are needed to help enforce an Iowa law that increased penalties for drivers who illegally pass by school buses whenever they're stopped, according transportation administrators at several school districts.