- Court rejects AG Kane's request to reinstate law license Updated: Feb-05-16 6:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane's law license will remain suspended after the state's highest court on Friday denied her request to have it reinstated while she fights criminal charges of leaking secret grand jury material and lying about it.
- Maine governor calls failed impeachment effort 'foolishness' Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Critics of Maine Gov. Paul LePage failed to muster support for a vote Thursday on an independent investigation that could have led to impeachment for alleged abuse of power.
- Gov. LePage takes a pass on State of the State speech Updated: Jan-12-16 4:23 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Facing an impeachment effort, Gov. Paul LePage said Tuesday he'll skip the traditional State of the State speech to a joint session of the Maine Legislature.
- Brazil's Rousseff focuses on economy in face of impeachment Updated: Jan-10-16 1:26 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - With her job on the line, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is spending January developing an economic plan she hopes will restore faith in her leadership and weaken looming impeachment proceedings against her.
- 5 things to watch in Washington Legislature this year Updated: Jan-09-16 5:45 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers return to the Capitol Monday with hopes of finishing this year's 60-day legislative session on time, not wanting a repeat of last year's triple overtime marathon session. But they arrive still under a contempt order, an ongoing $100,000-a-day sanction by the state Supreme Court in place and uncertainty over whether the court will be satisfied with their efforts thus far to find a solution to the state's education funding problem.