- Appeals court upholds ex-FBI agent's murder conviction Updated: Jul-29-15 11:56 am
MIAMI - A divided appeals court on Wednesday upheld the murder conviction of a former FBI agent in the 1982 slaying of a Florida gambling executive in a case connected to imprisoned New England mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger.
- Los Angeles leaders outlaw high-capacity gun magazines Updated: Jul-29-15 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles City Council has voted to ban the possession of high-capacity gun magazines following deadly mass shootings nationwide.
- $5,000 offered to find Seattle community leader's killer Updated: Jul-29-15 9:13 am
SEATTLE - Four gun-rights groups have offered $4,000 in addition to the CrimeStoppers of Puget Sound's $1,000 reward to find the person or people responsible for killing a Seattle community leader last week.
- Chicago aldermen to consider ban of gun-like cellphone case Updated: Jul-29-15 4:10 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago City Council is expected to take up an ordinance that would outlaw gun-like cellphone cases.
- Federal court says state can enforce 'docs vs. glocks' law Updated: Jul-28-15 8:22 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida can start enforcing a contentious law that restricts what doctors can say to patients about guns.
- LA council passes gun magazine ban by majority 12-0 vote Updated: Jul-28-15 7:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles City Council has voted to ban possession of high-capacity gun magazines in the wake of several deadly mass shootings around the country.
- VA doctor regrets post telling gun advocate to 'off' himself Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Department of Veterans Affairs psychiatrist said Tuesday he regrets a Facebook post suggesting that a gun-rights supporter "off" himself.
- More than 30 indicted after New York drug investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 1:55 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A man accused of running a drug ring from prison was among 34 people indicted after an investigation into drugs and firearms in rural Sullivan County, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
- EXCHANGE: Years often pass before stolen guns are recovered Updated: Jul-28-15 8:22 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - The summer of 2012 was a dangerous one on Bloomington's streets as clusters of teens picked up handguns and went outside to settle disputes with rivals who also had access to bullets and weapons.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jul-28-15 8:08 am
The Herald Times (Bloomington). July 23, 2015
- Gun-control law overcomes amendments to pass legislature Updated: Jul-27-15 9:43 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A gun-control bill won lopsided approval in the North Carolina Senate Monday, a reflection of the bipartisan coalition formed in the House to delete a proposed repeal of the state's pistol permit requirement.
- GOP lawmakers call to arm more military members Updated: Jul-27-15 2:45 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Republican lawmakers announced a bill in the works on Monday to allow more active duty members of the military and National Guard to carry weapons, the latest of nationwide responses to a deadly shooting at military facilities in Tennessee.
- In an Afghanistan awash in arms, a push to ban toy guns Updated: Jul-27-15 3:20 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The weapons of Afghanistan's long decades of war can be seen almost everywhere, from the burned-out hulks of Soviet tanks to the Kalashnikov assault rifles slung over policemen's shoulders and helicopter gunships roaring overhead.
- Obama most 'frustrated' by gun control debate Updated: Jul-23-15 10:51 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says the issue that has left him "the most stymied" is the debate over gun control.
- Father of school shooter pleads not guilty to gun charges Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
SEATTLE - The father of the Washington state teenager who fatally shot four high school classmates and then himself in October pleaded not guilty in federal court on Thursday to five new firearms charges.
- Ohio governor authorizes arming recruiters Updated: Jul-22-15 5:56 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich on Wednesday authorized personnel at Ohio National Guard recruitment centers to carry weapons following the shooting in Tennessee that killed four Marines and a sailor, The Associated Press has learned.
- Veterans protest military recruiting center gun ban Updated: Jul-21-15 11:24 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A group of veterans has been gathering outside of a Madison military recruitment center to protest a law barring active-duty members who work at such sites from being armed.
- Wisconsin governor orders Guard members to arm themselves Updated: Jul-21-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has issued an executive order allowing Wisconsin National Guard's adjutant general to arm his troops in the wake of an attack on a pair of military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- New legislation clarifies Illinois' concealed-carry law Updated: Jul-20-15 2:25 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Legislation took effect earlier this month to clarify ambiguities in Illinois' concealed-carry law, focusing on areas including privacy, mental illness and dealing with law enforcement.
- Man sues University of Michigan over campus gun ban Updated: Jul-20-15 1:46 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit has been filed against the University of Michigan by an Ann Arbor man who says his request to openly carry a gun on campus was denied.
- Wellsville man wants city gun law revised to allow for toys Updated: Jul-19-15 4:35 pm
WELLSVILLE, Utah - A Wellsville man is trying to make sure children's toys and recreational equipment won't be considered illegal under the city's current firearms law.
- The winners and losers of Maine's 2015 legislative session Updated: Jul-19-15 11:53 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Legislature has closed the books on a lengthy and combative session during which lawmakers' bitter political clashes with Republican Gov. Paul LePage often overshadowed legislating and policy debates.
- New law benefits Florida gun clubs Updated: Jul-18-15 1:04 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida firearms enthusiasts will save a few dollars starting this month because of a new law that eliminates the sales tax on gun club memberships.
- Bush, Walker, Trump criticize gun ban in recruiting offices Updated: Jul-17-15 10:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidates Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Donald Trump called Friday for an end to a ban on service members carrying guns in military recruiting offices.
- Man sues over Columbia gun ban after Confederate flag debate Updated: Jul-17-15 11:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - When the city of Columbia temporarily banned guns around the Statehouse as the Confederate flag was lowered, it violated the U.S. Constitution and created a dangerous situation, a Lexington County man says in a lawsuit.