- Chile poll: Bachelet's approval rating at new low Updated: Aug-03-15 4:21 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The approval rating of Chilean President Michelle Bachelet is at its lowest level since she returned to the office last year, a poll said Monday.
- Greek stock market bloodbath as exchange reopens Updated: Aug-03-15 3:40 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece suffered its worst stock market bloodbath in decades on Monday, when it opened after a forced five-week closure, and new data showed a dismal outlook for the bailout-dependent country's shrinking economy.
- New clinic helps calm fears of doctors office for LGBT teens Updated: Aug-03-15 12:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Joe had always been uncomfortable answering questions at his medical exams.
- Get Started: Employee or freelancer? Govt issues opinion Updated: Aug-03-15 11:31 am
EMPLOYEE OR FREELANCER?
- Water & farmers: Things to know about AP-GfK drought poll Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
WASHINGTON - A new Associated Press-GfK poll finds most Americans think of water as a limited resource that can be depleted if people use too much. When asked to rate priorities when water is scarce during a drought, more said agriculture should be a top or high priority over residential needs, wildlife and industry.
- AP-GfK poll: Americans favor farmers & food during drought Updated: Aug-03-15 3:16 am
LOS ANGELES - When water gets scarce and the government slaps restrictions on its use, who should be first in line at the spigot? Farmers, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll.
- After rough budget, is Iowa Capitol getting more combative? Updated: Aug-02-15 10:20 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa elected officials pride themselves on working in a politically divided government that still gets things done. But after a combative budget process, capped with several vetoes by Gov. Terry Branstad, some are questioning how well the system is working these days.
- Taking on Bush and Rubio, Clinton calls for Cuba embargo end Updated: Jul-31-15 4:16 pm
MIAMI - Drawing a sharp distinction with Republican rivals in the pivotal election state of Florida, Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday called on the GOP-run Congress to end the trade embargo the U.S. has imposed on Cuba since 1962
- Survey shows CATS bus service losing support of its riders Updated: Jul-31-15 11:01 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of people willing to recommend the Capital Area Transit System to a friend has plummeted for the first time since the agency started measuring satisfaction more than a year ago.
- UK leader pledges to send help to France to control migrants Updated: Jul-31-15 8:22 am
LONDON - Prime Minister David Cameron offered Friday to send sniffer dogs and fencing to help control the surge in migrants trying to cross into Britain, pledging to work closely with French authorities to get a grip on the crisis.
- With Boston out, can Los Angeles revive a US Olympic bid? Updated: Jul-27-15 11:05 pm
Boston's bid to host the 2024 Olympics was undercut by its own mayor, its skeptical public and, finally, leaders of the U.S. Olympic Committee, who were tired of the city's ever-changing blueprint.
- Mayor says Toronto will decide 'very quickly' on Olympic bid Updated: Jul-23-15 6:25 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor John Tory says Canada's largest city will make a decision "very quickly" whether to bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Poll: Guinta's support plummets amid financing scandal Updated: Jul-23-15 11:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Support for U.S. Rep Frank Guinta is eroding according to a new poll that showed that more than 40 percent think he should resign amid his campaign finance troubles and only 5 percent say they would back his re-election bid next year.
- Pew: Chinese stay optimistic in an otherwise gloomy world Updated: Jul-23-15 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - Maybe someone should tell the Chinese their economy is slowing. They don't seem to buy it.
- 5 things: House bill would prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - States could no longer require labels on genetically modified foods under legislation the House is considering.
- Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in approval ratings Updated: Jul-22-15 2:07 pm
NEW YORK - Pope Francis' rock-star popularity appears to be dimming in the United States.
- Approval rating for Brazil's president hits new low Updated: Jul-21-15 5:08 pm
SAO PAULO - The approval rating for President Dilma Rousseff has plunged to new lows amid Brazil's economic troubles and the huge corruption scandal at Petrobras, the state energy company.
- Top adviser says Walker running as a 'uniter' Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's top adviser said Tuesday that the Republican governor who survived an attempt to recall him from office is running for president as someone who can bring together a polarized electorate.
- AP-GfK poll: Americans on board with Cuba diplomacy Updated: Jul-21-15 1:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The restoration of diplomatic ties between the United States and Cuba seems to sit well with Americans.
- Greece's Tsipras stays popular despite bailout hardship Updated: Jul-21-15 12:24 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Under Alexis Tsipras, Greece slid back into recession, sank deeper into debt and found itself pushed to the brink of bankruptcy. Then after rejecting one painful bailout deal, the radical left leader agreed to a new one with possibly just as harsh terms.
- Column: Important not to let Armstrong ruin Tour again Updated: Jul-21-15 12:02 pm
LES BLAYES, France - In his biography, Chris Froome recounts how his two elder brothers used to amuse themselves by locking him in a dog kennel with an angry, scratching turkey. "Only when I was in absolute floods of tears would they open the cage up and let me out," the Tour de France race leader recounts.
- Poll: Majority of Americans favor diplomatic ties with Cuba Updated: Jul-21-15 7:39 am
WASHINGTON - Nearly three-fourths of Americans think the United States should have diplomatic ties with Cuba, but they're not sure how far to go in lifting sanctions, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll released Monday as full diplomatic relations between the two countries were formally restored.
- GOP presidential hopeful Walker signs abortion ban bill Updated: Jul-20-15 11:04 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one week after launching his bid for the 2016 presidential nomination, signed a bill Monday that outlaws non-emergency abortions at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Survey: US companies less optimistic about future sales Updated: Jul-20-15 7:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. businesses' outlook on sales in the coming months has darkened after sales growth slowed in the second quarter, according to a survey released Monday.
- AP Poll: Sharp divisions after high court backs gay marriage Updated: Jul-18-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - The Supreme Court's ruling last month legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide has left Americans sharply divided, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that suggests support for gay unions may be down slightly from earlier this year.