- Uber poll finds support for upstate expansion; cabs hit back Updated: May-03-16 12:23 am
ALBANY, New York - Uber and its opponents in the cab industry are ratcheting up their fight over Uber's proposed expansion in New York state.
- Venezuela opposition delivers petitions to remove president Updated: May-02-16 6:09 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The opposition turned in petitions to Venezuelan electoral authorities Monday that it said carried signatures of 1.8 million voters seeking President Nicolas Maduro's removal in a nationwide referendum.
- Cruz fights for survival as Trump eyes Indiana knockout Updated: May-02-16 4:20 pm
OSCEOLA, Indiana - Ted Cruz's conservative crusade for the presidency fought for new life Monday ahead of an Indiana vote that could effectively end the GOP's primary season. The fiery Texas senator hinted at an exit strategy, even as he vowed to compete to the end against surging Republican front-runner Donald Trump.
- Poll: Minnesota voters unhappy with direction of country Updated: May-02-16 11:57 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota voters are somewhat pessimistic about what lies ahead in the near future for the country, according to a new poll.
- Poll: One-third say they may leave San Francisco Bay Area Updated: May-02-16 9:43 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A poll by a prominent business-backed group shows that one-third of San Francisco Bay Area residents say they're considering leaving the congested, pricey region in the next few years.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- Tennessee Tech faculty address concerns about administration Updated: May-01-16 12:55 pm
COOKEVILLE, Tennessee - Professors at Tennessee Tech University have published an open letter to address their concerns about the administration after a survey was conducted that a faculty group official said expressed "widespread dissatisfaction."
- China's April manufacturing activity weaker than expected Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 pm
BEIJING - China's manufacturing activity was weaker than expected in April, according to a survey by an industry group.
- Poll: Christies favorability rating hits all-time low Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's favorability rating among registered voters in New Jersey has hit an all-time low.
- Survey: NYC street homeless count declines by 12 percent Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - The city's street homeless population has declined by 12 percent, according to results of a federally-mandated survey released Thursday.
- Vermont Speaker open to nonbinding vote on legalizing pot Updated: Apr-28-16 2:46 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Speaker of the Vermont House of Representatives says having a nonbinding vote on whether to legalize marijuana in the state is the best way to gauge public opinion on the issue.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- Poll: Wide differences in Muslim views on political Islam Updated: Apr-27-16 10:17 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A survey in 10 countries with significant Muslim populations, released Wednesday, found "striking" differences in the extent to which people believe the Quran should influence a nation's laws.
- Age gap shows in Clinton win helped by older voters Updated: Apr-27-16 12:28 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democrat Hillary Clinton got a winning boost Tuesday from older voters who turned out in larger numbers than the younger voting bloc that swamped rival Bernie Sanders with support in Connecticut's presidential primary, exit polls showed.
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- Trump wins across demographic groups in Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-26-16 10:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump dominated the Republican presidential primary in Pennsylvania across demographic groups as Ted Cruz and John Kasich split support among the minority of GOP voters who said they preferred a political insider.
- The Latest: Trump wins Republican primary in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 8:13 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on Connecticut voters and the Democratic and Republican primary races in the state (all times local):
- Poll: 60 percent in New Jersey view Trump unfavorably Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A new Rutgers-Eagleton poll find more than 60 percent of New Jersey voters view Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unfavorably.
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- North Carolina GOP's careful plan could be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-23-16 11:10 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A decade ago, GOP leaders developed a strategy to take over North Carolina's state government for the first time since 1870: Aggressively pursue the seats of vulnerable Democratic lawmakers and win House and Senate majorities by 2010; use those majorities to redistrict the state in Republicans' favor; and push a business-friendly, socially conservative agenda in a Southern state where progressive policies once held sway.
- Clinton, relatives of Newtown victims talk gun violence Updated: Apr-21-16 5:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton, sitting with relatives of victims of the Newtown school massacre, vowed Thursday to make sure gun violence is not ignored, saying Connecticut's bipartisan gun control legislation was a model for the nation.
- Registration surges as new poll shows Clinton, Trump in lead Updated: Apr-20-16 6:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - With Connecticut's presidential primary fast approaching, residents across all age brackets are registering to vote in record numbers.
- Poll: Louisianans oppose removing Confederate statues Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A majority of people in Louisiana oppose taking down Confederate monuments, a Louisiana State University poll has found.
- Poll: Inslee leading Republican challenger Bryant Updated: Apr-19-16 3:21 pm
SEATTLE - A new poll says Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has more statewide support than leading Republican challenger Bill Bryant in the gubernatorial election race.
- Poll: Division in New Orleans over school governance Updated: Apr-19-16 2:50 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Most people responding to an education think tank's annual poll in New Orleans believe charter schools have improved public education in the city.