- The Latest: French detain 174 after clashes with police Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 pm
The latest from the much-anticipated U.N. climate conference that gets underway in Paris on Monday. All times local:
- Possible pathways emerging for Montana to meet carbon cuts Updated: Nov-29-15 11:59 am
HELENA, Montana - Industry officials and state regulators have started to look at how to reach the carbon-cutting goals set for Montana, which faces the nation's most stringent cuts under President Barack Obama's climate change plan.
- Gay rights activists march in New Delhi parade Updated: Nov-29-15 7:58 am
NEW DELHI - Hundreds of gay rights activists danced to drum beats and held colorful balloons as they marched in a parade in New Delhi on Sunday, celebrating what they call the diversity of gender and sexuality.
- Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:00 pm
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
- Governor's race brings new scrutiny to Executive Council Updated: Nov-28-15 1:09 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Executive Council - a political body that does much of its work outside of the spotlight - is poised to face new scrutiny as the 2016 election nears.
- Political corruption museum could become Albany tourism draw Updated: Nov-28-15 11:25 am
ALBANY, New York - A resident of New York's capital city has an unusual economic development plan to harness what he says is one of Albany's most abundant renewable resources: political corruption.
- Maldives police break up opposition protest for a 2nd day Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Police in the Maldives dispersed opposition protesters for a second straight day Saturday, using tear gas and pepper spray and arresting more than a dozen demonstrators demanding the release of a former president and other jailed political leaders.
- After Paris, US political shift on privacy vs. security Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have renewed debate on the U.S. government's post-Sept. 11 domestic surveillance laws, leading to efforts to revive the issue on Capitol Hill and handing Marco Rubio an opening against Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.
- What to know about 'BernieCare,' Sanders' health overhaul Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The most ambitious "repeal and replace" health care plan from a presidential candidate comes from Sen. Bernie Sanders, not from a Republican.
- Michigan concealed gun licensing to change next week Updated: Nov-27-15 2:56 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's 488,000 concealed handgun license holders will soon see a change in how permits are issued.
- Likud lawmaker's antics make him bad boy of Israeli politics Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Over the years, the Israeli parliament has seen its fair share of questionable characters. But it's unlikely anyone has ever been so perpetually engulfed in scandal in so short a time as freshman Likud lawmaker Oren Hazan.
- Group on track to get term limits on Union County ballot Updated: Nov-27-15 12:49 pm
UNION, Oregon - A group in Union County says it is on track to meet the Feb. 17 deadline to collect more than 627 signatures supporting a ballot measure to limit commissioners' terms.
- Lawyer detained for obstructing Brazil corruption probe Updated: Nov-27-15 12:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A lawyer representing a key convict in the corruption scandal at Brazil's state-run oil giant Petrobras was detained Friday as he arrived at Rio de Janeiro's international airport, police said.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Chinese activist sentenced to 6 years in jail Updated: Nov-27-15 1:31 am
BEIJING - A court in southern China sentenced a leading activist who organized rallies for media freedom to six years in prison Friday in what his lawyer described as an unfair trial with an extra criminal charge added at the last minute.
- Idaho court rejects Pennsylvania man's gun rights request Updated: Nov-26-15 2:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has rejected a Pennsylvania man's attempt to have his gun rights restored under Idaho law.
- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Gambia leader denounces female genital mutilation Updated: Nov-26-15 9:44 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Gambia's president advocated banning female genital mutilation, giving hope to human rights activists who are urging Gambia to adopt a law against the practice.
- Thai police allege armed plot by government opponents Updated: Nov-26-15 9:30 am
BANGKOK - Thai police said Thursday they have uncovered a plot by opponents of the military government involving an armed attack during upcoming events commemorating the country's monarchy.
- China releases long-time journalist after she pleads guilty Updated: Nov-26-15 6:42 am
BEIJING - A 71-year-old Chinese journalist imprisoned on a state secrets conviction was released for medical reasons Thursday after pleading guilty during a closed-door appeal hearing, her lawyers and state media said.
- Mexican Green Party leader resigns post amid investigation Updated: Nov-26-15 12:49 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexican prosecutors said Wednesday that they have opened a criminal investigation of a leader of Mexico's Green Party for allegedly violating electoral laws in June's midterm elections.
- The Latest: DOJ representatives attend Minneapolis protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Outgoing Argentine president says she's not going away Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - When Argentines chose a new president in recent elections, many voters seemed more concerned about what would happen with the old one.
- Houston Zoo reinstalls signs prohibiting guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:52 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Zoo has reinstalled signs that prohibit carrying firearms into the zoo, three months after they were removed due to threat of legal action.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.