- Wyoming Democrats meet in Cheyenne for state convention Updated: May-28-16 2:47 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - About 300 Democrats from around Wyoming are gathering for the state party convention in Cheyenne on Saturday.
- In business and politics, Trump stokes internal rivalries Updated: May-28-16 2:38 am
WASHINGTON - When Donald Trump acquired a pair of Atlantic City casinos in the mid-1980s, he pitted his managers against each other in a ferocious competition over everything from booking entertainers to attracting high-rolling gamblers.
- NY Democrat: Trump should return money to 9/11 recovery fund Updated: May-28-16 2:24 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump is "a small man" for accepting $150,000 from a federal fund for small businesses hurt by the Sept. 11 attacks and should return the money or donate it to charity, a New York Democratic congressman said.
- The Latest: Kansas Democrat rips GOP on schools, LGBT issue Updated: May-27-16 9:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court's ruling on school funding (all times local):
- Wyoming Democrat Party leaders report nasty correspondence Updated: May-27-16 9:12 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some leaders of the Wyoming Democratic Party say they have become caught up in the battle between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders for the presidential nomination.
- Wisconsin redistricting trial wraps up Updated: May-27-16 7:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly district boundaries that Republicans drew up five years ago have robbed Democratic-leaning voters of their voices, attorneys argued Friday as they wrapped up a federal trial over whether the lines are constitutional.
- Lawsuit seeks to kick Keyser off GOP Senate ballot Updated: May-27-16 5:54 pm
DENVER - Former state Sen. Jon Keyser's name should be removed from Colorado's Republican U.S. Senate primary ballot because the secretary of state wrongfully certified that Keyser petitioned his way there, according to a lawsuit filed Friday.
- Police department won't send officers to RNC, cites concerns Updated: May-27-16 4:51 pm
CLEVELAND - A North Carolina police department has rescinded its offer to send 50 police officers to this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland, citing concerns about insurance coverage and whether the city is prepared to host an event that's expected to bring 50,000 visitors to northeast Ohio.
- GOP donor again backs Kinder in run for Missouri governor Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A prominent GOP political donor is again supporting Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder as he runs for Missouri governor.
- Trump encourages Rubio to run again for Senate Updated: May-27-16 4:35 pm
WASHINGTON - After months of trading vicious insults, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio are suddenly making nice.
- Virginia AG opposes GOP push to expedite voting lawsuit Updated: May-27-16 4:25 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring is urging the Virginia Supreme Court not to expedite a lawsuit brought by Republican lawmakers over felons' voting rights.
- The Latest: GOP urges Democrats to continue budget talks Updated: May-27-16 3:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Latest on Illinois lawmakers' attempts to agree on a state budget as the spring legislative session approaches its Tuesday deadline (all times local):
- Federal judge hands Maine libertarians a partial victory Updated: May-27-16 3:13 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal judge has given the Libertarian Party of Maine until July 12 to get enough signatures for its presidential and vice presidential candidates to appear on the November ballot.
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina governor Updated: May-27-16 3:03 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - It was a stunning rebuke - even by Donald Trump's standards - aimed at the nation's only Latina governor at a political rally in her home state of New Mexico.
- Unprecedented excitement at Libertarian Party convention Updated: May-27-16 12:41 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The deep unpopularity of both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton has led to an unprecedented level of excitement at the Libertarian Party's presidential nominating convention in Orlando this year.
- Dump Trump? Some millennials aren't so sure Updated: May-27-16 8:06 am
COSTA MESA, California - Brendan De Regla drove three hours and waited in line for half a day to see Donald Trump speak at a rally in Southern California.
- Iowa Democrats criticize Grassley during televised debate Updated: May-26-16 10:35 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Democrats in Iowa vying to challenge Republican Sen. Charles Grassley in his upcoming re-election race used a televised debate Thursday to reiterate their criticism of the longtime senator's leading role in a U.S. Supreme Court nomination fight.
- Trump has rally in Billings after securing nomination Updated: May-26-16 8:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A crowd of thousands, buoyed by word that Donald Trump had just locked down the Republican presidential nomination, gathered in a Billings arena Thursday to cheer the New York businessman and his unlikely ascent to the top of his party.
- The Latest: Trump holds rally before cheering Montana crowd Updated: May-26-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on Donald Trump's rally in Billings (all times local):
- Republican National Committee to add staff in Wisconsin Updated: May-26-16 5:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Republican National Committee says it plans to add 250 additional staffers in battleground states, including Wisconsin.
- GOP targets Democrats who voted 'yes' on Illinois budget Updated: May-26-16 5:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois House Republicans are launching automated phone calls blasting Democrats who voted for a state spending plan they say would lead to a $7 billion budget deficit.
- Missouri GOP attorney general candidate sued over emails Updated: May-26-16 5:07 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Republican state lawmaker has filed a lawsuit seeking to force the University of Missouri to release more emails from associate law professor Josh Hawley, who is facing a tough GOP primary in the campaign for attorney general.
- Democrat Hillary Clinton opens field office in South Dakota Updated: May-26-16 4:42 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis is plugging Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton to South Dakotans as the candidate who would look out for women to the benefit of the nation's economy.
- Arkansas Democrats dropping Jefferson, Jackson from dinner Updated: May-26-16 4:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Democratic Party on Thursday said it's dropping Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson's names from its annual fundraising dinner, joining a growing number of state parties distancing themselves from the slave-owning presidents.
- Wisconsin Democrats to debate eliminating super delegates Updated: May-26-16 4:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats are slated to debate a nonbinding resolution supporting the elimination of super delegates, the party insiders who can support whoever they want for president.