- Sanders: 'Democratic socialism' means security, freedom Updated: Nov-19-15 4:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Thursday that economic security is essential to Americans achieving true freedom, a central tenant in his political philosophy of "democratic socialism."
- In Minnesota, Paul seeks voters who may lean toward Sanders Updated: Nov-09-15 4:47 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul drew a contrast Monday with Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders, as both seek disillusioned voters who might opt for either party.
- Northup endorses Rubio, will lead his Kentucky campaign Updated: Nov-06-15 11:45 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio gained the endorsement of former Congresswoman Anne Northup on Friday and named her chairwoman for his state campaign, as he takes steps to compete in Kentucky's first ever presidential caucus.
- Presidential candidate Rand Paul to campaign in Minnesota Updated: Nov-03-15 3:01 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is making Minnesota stops in his presidential campaign ahead of the next big Republican debate.
- Lawmakers hope for calm after the storm on Capitol Hill Updated: Oct-31-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - With a new speaker in the House and a major budget-and-debt deal completed, lawmakers hope they are entering a welcome period of calm - even boredom - on Capitol Hill.
- New day for House as Paul Ryan becomes 54th speaker Updated: Oct-29-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Paul Ryan became the 54th speaker of the U.S. House on Thursday in a day of high political theater, a young new leader for a fractured Congress, charged with healing Republican divides and quieting the chaos of Capitol Hill.