- The Latest: Clinton declares victory in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 11:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the Kentucky primary election in which voters are casting ballots on a slate of local, state and federal races including the Democratic presidential primary (all times local):
- Comer wins GOP nomination in Ky's 1st Congressional District Updated: May-17-16 9:42 pm
TOMPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - After losing the Republican nomination for governor by 83 votes last year, James Comer went home. On Tuesday, his neighbors sent him back to politics.
- Alaska Democrats urge changes to delegate selection process Updated: May-16-16 9:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska Democrats are calling for changes to the Democratic National Committee's delegate selection process.
- The Latest: Kobach in Kansas delegation to GOP convention Updated: May-14-16 4:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on Kansas Republicans' state meeting (all times local):
- Sanders points supporters toward June 7 presidential caucus Updated: May-13-16 5:10 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is showing no signs of letting up on his campaign, urging supporters in North Dakota to voice their opinions during the state's June 7 caucus.
- 4 Republicans vying for seat in Kentucky's 1st district Updated: May-12-16 4:54 pm
HENDERSON, Kentucky - Three men with accents and flashlights cut a hole in a chain-link fence to sneak into the country while Mike Pape, a Republican candidate for Congress, watches from the shadows.
- Grimes predicts 20 percent turnout for Kentucky primaries Updated: May-11-16 1:31 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's top election official says she expects 20 percent of Kentucky's more than 3.2 million registered voters to cast ballots in Tuesday's primary elections.
- The Latest: State Sen. Chambers top vote-getter in primary Updated: May-10-16 11:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Latest on Nebraska's primary election (all times local):
- Bid to revive presidential primary falls apart in Colorado Updated: May-10-16 5:20 pm
DENVER - Bipartisan efforts to revive presidential primaries in Colorado have failed - for now.
- Maine Democrats hope others join in rebuking superdelegates Updated: May-09-16 10:58 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The chairman of the Maine Democratic Party is urging Democrats in other states to follow Maine's lead in condemning the party's system of so-called superdelegates to pressure their national organization to make changes before the next presidential election.
- Sanders' problem: Winning over Clinton's superdelegates Updated: May-09-16 8:15 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders has a problem.
- Presidential primary sees new life in Colorado Statehouse Updated: May-06-16 6:13 pm
DENVER - Colorado plans to revive a presidential primary for 2020 got back on track Friday at the state Capitol. But the new proposal would require voters to join a party to participate.
- Top Kansas Republicans say they'll back Trump; some won't Updated: May-04-16 6:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Top Republicans in Kansas reiterated their promises Wednesday to support Donald Trump as the party's presidential candidate, and the state GOP's chairman predicted that opponents of the brash billionaire will "come home" in November.
- Oklahoma House Republicans pick McCall as speaker for 2017 Updated: May-02-16 4:22 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma House Republicans voted behind closed doors on Monday to designate a two-term state representative from southeast Oklahoma as their choice for speaker beginning in 2017.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):