- Where's the intrigue? Washington primary counts only for GOP Updated: May-24-16 5:08 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington's statewide presidential primary doesn't hold much, if any, intrigue. Donald Trump is the sole candidate standing in the Republican race, and Democrats don't use the results to allocate their delegates to the national convention.
- The Latest: Not all in Washington GOP ready to support Trump Updated: May-24-16 2:58 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Latest on Washington state's presidential primaries (all times local):
- Elizabeth Warren to speak at New Hampshire Dem convention Updated: May-24-16 11:10 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts is going to be the keynote speaker at the 2016 New Hampshire Democratic Party state convention next month.
- Sanders: Democratic convention could be 'messy' Updated: May-24-16 8:30 am
LOS ANGELES - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and his push to make the party more inclusive could get "messy" but asserts in an interview with The Associated Press: "Democracy is not always nice and quiet and gentle."
- Ohio county to buy 4 mobile cameras, use at GOP convention Updated: May-24-16 12:43 am
CLEVELAND - Monitored security cameras will be used to watch people on the street during this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Missouri GOP committee backs closed primaries Updated: May-23-16 6:55 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Only voters registered with a specific party could vote in Missouri primaries under a policy change some state Republicans want to see adopted.
- Trump takes 8 of 13 delegates at GOP Vermont convention Updated: May-22-16 12:35 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Eight of 13 Vermont delegates elected during the Vermont Republican Convention to go to the national convention this summer are supporters of presumptive presidential GOP nominee Donald Trump.
- Cleveland State to study economic impact of GOP convention Updated: May-22-16 9:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Cleveland State University is conducting a study of the economic impact of this summer's Republican National Convention.
- Vermont Democrats gather for state party convention Updated: May-22-16 8:28 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Democrats are gathering for their annual convention, at which 11 of 26 delegates to this summer's national party convention in Philadelphia will be elected.
- Missouri Republicans pick delegates for national convention Updated: May-21-16 10:30 pm
BRANSON, Missouri - Missouri Republicans have selected the delegate slate they plan to send to the national party convention in Cleveland in July.
- All calm as Sanders, Clinton supporters gather in Florida Updated: May-21-16 9:35 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - There's nothing like a common enemy to help Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders supporters come together in harmony, as was the case Saturday as the Florida Democratic Party rallied against Donald Trump, the likely Republican nominee who at one point was compared to an alligator running loose in a fast food restaurant.
- Leadership tensions simmer at New Mexico GOP convention Updated: May-21-16 7:27 pm
SANDIA PUEBLO, New Mexico - New Mexico Republicans voted out a representative to the party's national committee on Saturday in a leadership shake-up tied to frustrations over the state's lagging economy and hardball tactics against Democrats.
- Illinois GOP calls for unity as some tiptoe around Trump Updated: May-21-16 5:36 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Illinois Republicans cheered calls for unity at the party's state convention on Saturday even as some top elected officials tiptoed around the name likely to top the GOP ticket: Donald Trump.
- Minnesota Republican Party leaders call for unity Updated: May-21-16 5:11 pm
DULUTH, Minnesota - Minnesota Republican Party leaders are calling for unity behind presumed presidential nominee Donald Trump as GOP faithful gather at their state convention this weekend.
- The Latest: Harvey Yates wins national GOP post Updated: May-21-16 2:46 pm
SANDIA PUEBLO, New Mexico - The Latest on the state convention for the Republican Party of New Mexico (all times local):
- GOP convention wraps up Saturday Updated: May-21-16 2:25 pm
PASCO, Washington - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Chris Vance told the state Republican Party convention on Saturday that it is time to oust Democratic U.S. Sen. Patty Murray after four terms.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: May-21-16 11:54 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Wanted: Volunteers to clean up Cleveland for GOP convention Updated: May-21-16 9:32 am
CLEVELAND - Officials in Cleveland are looking for volunteers to spruce up the city before the Republican National Convention rolls into town in mid-July.
- Sanders seeks out Democrats in heavily Hispanic New Mexico Updated: May-21-16 12:27 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Sen. Bernie Sanders made a fiery appeal Friday to Democratic voters in New Mexico to help boost his campaign's momentum going into the final round of state primaries, acknowledging he will need to win "almost all" of the remaining contests to get the nomination.
- The Latest: Sanders trying to energize New Mexico voters Updated: May-20-16 10:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a presidential campaign swing through New Mexico by Sen. Bernie Sanders (all times local):
- Clarification: Party Conventions story Updated: May-20-16 7:19 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story May 19, The Associated Press reported that U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy was one of four unpledged Vermont delegates to the Democratic National Convention supporting presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The story should have made clear a Leahy aide says the senator's "personal support" is with Clinton but he'll vote for the candidate with the most pledged delegates, a category in which Clinton has a wide lead.
- Minnesota GOP conventioneers gather in Duluth Updated: May-20-16 4:33 pm
DULUTH, Minnesota - Minnesota's Republicans are set to take over Duluth this weekend as the GOP kicks off its two-day state convention on Friday.
- State Party: Obama in Seattle next month for Inslee event Updated: May-20-16 12:49 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State Democratic Party officials say that President Barack Obama will be in Seattle next month for a private fundraiser for Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Plenty of Cruz supporters remain at state GOP convention Updated: May-19-16 6:39 pm
PASCO, Washington - Jennifer Fetters of Bellevue worked a booth promoting former presidential candidate Ted Cruz at the Washington State Republican Party convention on Thursday - one of the many supporters of the conservative senator from Texas who continued to push his candidacy weeks after Cruz suspended his campaign.
- Maryland Trump delegate faces child pornography charges Updated: May-19-16 5:23 pm
BALTMORE - A Maryland Republican Party official says one of the state's Donald Trump delegates probably won't go to the national convention following his federal indictment on child pornography, explosives and firearm charges.