- Sanders, 2 Clintons visiting Colorado ahead of Super Tuesday Updated: Feb-11-16 11:14 am
DENVER - Democratic candidates Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and Clinton's daughter are due in Colorado with less than a month to go before the state and a dozen others weigh in on the primaries on Super Tuesday.
- Election board rejects early voting at Winston-Salem school Updated: Feb-11-16 7:58 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The North Carolina State Board of Elections is supporting an early voting plan that excludes the campus of Winston-Salem State University.
- Voter registration deadline looms for presidential primaries Updated: Feb-11-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - People wanting to cast a ballot in Arizona's upcoming presidential primaries face a Feb. 22 deadline for registering to vote.
- But is she honest? Caring? Clinton grapples with questions Updated: Feb-11-16 3:38 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton's campaign has spent months fighting the perception that she has a shaky relationship with the truth and is disconnected from the problems facing Americans.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Chicago man sues to try to get on Mississippi primary ballot Updated: Feb-10-16 8:16 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court is considering a challenge by a Chicago businessman who's trying to get listed on the state's March 8 Democratic primary ballot for president.
- Ohio bill to strip Planned Parenthood funds heads to Kasich Updated: Feb-10-16 6:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is expected to sign a bill stripping government money from Planned Parenthood, a move that might help him with conservatives who dominate the upcoming Republican presidential primary in South Carolina.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood targets Kasich in online ads Updated: Feb-10-16 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio proposal that seeks to strip government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- House votes to repeal Presidential Preference Election Updated: Feb-10-16 5:51 pm
PHOENIX - The House has voted to repeal the state-funded version of the presidential primary.
- More waiting on congressional maps with Roberts' request Updated: Feb-10-16 5:45 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina voters and legislators will be kept guessing for at least several more days on whether the state's current congressional districts can be used in the March 15 primary or have to be redrawn before votes are cast.
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- Wednesday is registration deadline for Massachusetts primary Updated: Feb-10-16 9:26 am
BOSTON - The deadline has arrived for Massachusetts residents who are eligible to vote in the state's presidential primary.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- Early voting kicks off for Tennessee presidential primary Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Voters are going to the polls Wednesday in the first day of early voting to make their choices in Tennessee's March 1 presidential primary.
- Bush, Carson, Cruz, Rubio expected for SC faith forum Updated: Feb-10-16 3:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Four Republican presidential hopefuls are among those expected at a discussion on faith issues in South Carolina, a week before the state's first primary election.
- AP News Guide: A big validation for Sanders, Trump Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - It's getting harder to shake off Donald Trump as just a hot-air balloon and Bernie Sanders as a pie-in-the-sky political revolutionary.
- Donald Trump brings campaign back to South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is returning to South Carolina to campaign in advance of next week's GOP presidential primary.
- Exit of California Senate candidate could help ailing GOP Updated: Feb-09-16 8:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sudden withdrawal of one of the Republican candidates in California's U.S. Senate race could help a party that's been battered in recent statewide elections, although Democrats remain favorites to hold the seat now occupied by Sen. Barbara Boxer.
- North Carolina takes map delay request to US Supreme Court Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The federal court that struck down two majority black congressional districts in North Carolina refused Tuesday to delay its order demanding that new boundaries be drawn in barely a week's time.
- 3 running for vacant seat in Mississippi Senate Updated: Feb-09-16 6:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Three candidates are running for a Mississippi Senate seat in parts of Hinds and Madison counties.
- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Next up: New Hampshire set to vote in nation's first primary Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's been 100 years since New Hampshire held its first presidential primary, and it seems like some of the current candidates have been hanging around for nearly that long. More than a few started popping up a full two years before Tuesday's state election, and nearly all have spent recent months hosting town hall meetings, holding rallies and meeting voters.
- Chelsea Clinton to campaign for her mom in swing state Ohio Updated: Feb-09-16 3:46 am
CLEVELAND - Chelsea Clinton is set to campaign for her mother's presidential primary bid in Ohio just days before early voting begins in the battleground state.
- Virginia Senate OKs bill nixing party's 'loyalty oaths' Updated: Feb-09-16 3:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A bill that's making its way through Virginia's General Assembly would prevent political parties from requiring voters to sign a party affiliation statement in a presidential primary.