- Kansas officials begin redistricting process for 2022 Updated: May-01-16 12:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Six years before it has to be done, state and federal officials are already talking about redistricting of congressional and legislative districts in Kansas.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- The Latest: Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 5:42 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - The Latest on Missouri's congressional district Republican conventions (all times local):
- State high court to consider case related to redistricting Updated: Apr-29-16 4:54 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Supreme Court will consider whether current and former state senators need to provide records related to a redistricting lawsuit.
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump win primary in Maryland Updated: Apr-26-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic presidential primary in Maryland on Tuesday, and Donald Trump won the state's Republican presidential primary.
- US Rep. Brown from Florida makes last stand for her district Updated: Apr-26-16 6:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown is making a last stand in her effort to keep her congressional district from changing.
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- North Carolina GOP's careful plan could be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-23-16 11:10 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A decade ago, GOP leaders developed a strategy to take over North Carolina's state government for the first time since 1870: Aggressively pursue the seats of vulnerable Democratic lawmakers and win House and Senate majorities by 2010; use those majorities to redistrict the state in Republicans' favor; and push a business-friendly, socially conservative agenda in a Southern state where progressive policies once held sway.
- Sanford's campaign war chest dwarfs challenger Horne's Updated: Apr-23-16 11:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The GOP primary in South Carolina's 1st Congressional District appeared to be the most competitive congressional race in the state this year. But it doesn't seem nearly as close if campaign reports are any indication.
- Mooney faces 2nd District GOP challenger; 5 Dems square off Updated: Apr-23-16 11:03 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Congressman Alex Mooney has been an inspiration for other candidates to run in West Virginia's 2nd District.
- Senate OKs redistricting plan, nixes cutting lt. governor Updated: Apr-21-16 8:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The method for drawing political district boundaries took a prime seat during legislative work Thursday, with one proposal to make the process fairer clearing the Senate and another one advancing in the House.
- Florida's Graham to leave House, considers run for governor Updated: Apr-21-16 10:23 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The daughter of former senator and governor Bob Graham will leave Congress next year and consider trying to follow her father's footsteps into the governor's mansion.
- High court upholds Arizona's legislative redistricting plan Updated: Apr-20-16 2:14 pm
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court says an Arizona commission did not violate the principle of one person, one vote when it redrew the state's legislative districts in a way that created some with more residents than others and improved the prospects for Democrats.
- Political newcomer squares off with Rep. Sensenbrenner Updated: Apr-20-16 1:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic political newcomer Khary Penebaker is running against longtime Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner to represent southeast Wisconsin's 5th Congressional District.
- The Latest: Democrat Kaminsky declares win for NY Senate Updated: Apr-19-16 11:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the special legislative elections in New York (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Illinois lawmakers debate how state should draw districts Updated: Apr-19-16 6:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The full Illinois House and Senate are expected to debate plans this week on how to overhaul the way the state draws its legislative districts every decade, an issue that members from both parties say they want to change but over which debate inevitably devolves into partisan sniping.
- Sponsor of Nebraska redistricting bill won't challenge veto Updated: Apr-19-16 4:32 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A state senator who sought to change Nebraska's process for drawing congressional and legislative districts says he won't challenge Gov. Pete Ricketts' veto of his bill.
- Court rejects bid to throw out Florida congressional map Updated: Apr-18-16 10:19 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's long, twisted legal drama over its congressional districts may finally be reaching its end after a panel on federal judges on Monday rejected a push by U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown to throw out the current district boundaries.
- Ricketts vetoes Nebraska legislative redistricting bill Updated: Apr-18-16 6:42 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Pete Ricketts has rejected an effort to overhaul Nebraska's process for drawing legislative and congressional districts.
- Kapanke to run for former Senate seat Updated: Apr-18-16 5:43 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A former Republican state senator who lost his seat in a 2011 recall election says he plans to run again for the 32nd District seat now held by Democrat Jennifer Shilling of La Crosse.
- The Latest: Lt. Gov. Hampton among Kentucky's RNC delegates Updated: Apr-16-16 4:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on selection of Kentucky's delegates to the Republican National Convention (all times local):
- Tarkanian, Roberson jockey for lead in House fundraising Updated: Apr-15-16 10:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - A heated Republican primary to replace outgoing Nevada Rep. Joe Heck escalated on Friday, after campaign finance reports showed the two are jockeying for first place in fundraising.
- North Carolina legislative redistricting trial concludes Updated: Apr-15-16 8:11 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A federal trial scrutinizing nearly 30 North Carolina legislative districts concluded Friday after attorneys presented conflicting arguments over whether increasing the number of majority-black districts reinforces outdated race-based political divisions or is a sensible legal strategy.