- Isakson, other Georgia GOP incumbents head to November Updated: May-24-16 10:16 pm
ATLANTA - Every Georgia Republican member of Congress easily defeated primary challengers Tuesday, including U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, who crushed two long-shot challengers to earn a bid for a third term. Jim Barksdale, the Democrat favored by top party members, meanwhile, tried to prevent a July runoff.
- The Latest: Rep. Loudermilk defeats 4 GOP primary opponents Updated: May-24-16 10:10 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Attorney argues redistricting plan clearly hurts Democrats Updated: May-24-16 4:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A GOP plan that reworked the Wisconsin Assembly's district lines was one of the worst examples of partisan gerrymandering in American history, an attorney challenging the new boundaries argued Tuesday.
- Plan that put all prison inmates in 1 city district tossed Updated: May-24-16 3:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A federal judge on Tuesday threw out a redistricting plan in Cranston that put all the inmates at the state prison into one city ward.
- Supreme court dismisses GOP appeal over Virginia districts Updated: May-23-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court has dismissed a Republican appeal over congressional districts in Virginia.
- Federal judge to hear evidence in redistricting lawsuit Updated: May-22-16 10:14 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal judge will launch a three-day trial this week to decide whether legislative district boundaries that Wisconsin Republicans drew four years ago amount to an unconstitutional attempt to consolidate power.
- Brannon, US Reps. Holding and Ellmers debate for GOP primary Updated: May-19-16 8:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two U.S. House members with their political futures on the line debated Thursday one of the core issues in their upcoming Republican primary - who deserves to be called a true conservative.
- The Latest: GOP debate in NC takes on being conservative Updated: May-19-16 8:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on a debate Thursday between Republicans seeking their party's nomination for the U.S. House seat in the 2nd Congressional District (all times local):
- 'Cajun John Wayne' enters Louisiana's 3rd District race Updated: May-19-16 10:54 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A law enforcement official known as "the Cajun John Wayne" is running for the 3rd Congressional District seat representing south central and southwest Louisiana.
- Special election runoff set for state House District 120 Updated: May-18-16 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has set a special election runoff for Aug. 2 to fill the vacant, San Antonio-based Texas House seat of state Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon.
- Baton Rouge Mayor Holden challenging US Rep. Cedric Richmond Updated: May-18-16 1:37 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge Mayor-President Kip Holden is running for a U.S. House seat representing most of New Orleans and parts of Baton Rouge, launching a challenge to incumbent Cedric Richmond.
- The Latest: Clinton declares victory in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 11:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the Kentucky primary election in which voters are casting ballots on a slate of local, state and federal races including the Democratic presidential primary (all times local):
- Comer wins GOP nomination in Ky's 1st Congressional District Updated: May-17-16 9:42 pm
TOMPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - After losing the Republican nomination for governor by 83 votes last year, James Comer went home. On Tuesday, his neighbors sent him back to politics.
- Bryan Martyn drops bid for Congress, backs Don Stapley Updated: May-13-16 1:12 pm
PHOENIX - Former Pinal County Supervisor and state parks director Bryan Martyn is dropping out of the race to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon.
- Full slates of legislative candidates to be set Tuesday Updated: May-13-16 12:28 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Cluster Howard won by the slimmest of margins in 2014, ousting a freshman Republican House member by a mere 14 votes. Now Republicans are aiming to make him a one-and-done lawmaker in their ongoing quest to consolidate power in Kentucky's Capitol.
- 4 Republicans vying for seat in Kentucky's 1st district Updated: May-12-16 4:54 pm
HENDERSON, Kentucky - Three men with accents and flashlights cut a hole in a chain-link fence to sneak into the country while Mike Pape, a Republican candidate for Congress, watches from the shadows.
- Senate OKs interstate redistricting plan Updated: May-12-16 4:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate has adopted a plan that would create a uniform, interstate process for drawing political boundaries.
- Nebraska picks nominees in presidential, congressional races Updated: May-11-16 3:04 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Donald Trump added Nebraska to his list of primary victories less than a week after he forced his last Republican opponents out of the race and eliminated virtually all of the suspense in the state's late-season contest.
- Mooney wins 2nd District GOP nomination in West Virginia Updated: May-11-16 12:08 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Incumbent Alex Mooney won the Republican nomination in West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District, easily defeating mortgage broker Marc Savitt on Tuesday night.
- The Latest: Mark Hunt wins 2nd District Democratic race Updated: May-10-16 11:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on the primary election in West Virginia, where voters have a full ballot including presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a winner-take-all state Supreme Court race (all times local):
- The Latest: State Sen. Chambers top vote-getter in primary Updated: May-10-16 11:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Latest on Nebraska's primary election (all times local):
- Nebraska Republicans get little say on presidential nominee Updated: May-10-16 6:53 pm
With Nebraska's Democrats having already caucused in March, the state's Republicans went to the polls on Tuesday with their party's presidential nomination all but sewn up by businessman Donald Trump, who has seen the last of his rivals bow out of the race.
- Democrat Patrick Diegnan Jr. sworn in to New Jersey Senate Updated: May-10-16 6:27 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The newest member of the New Jersey Senate is no stranger to New Jersey politics.
- Late-comer candidate Rep. Carter wins GOP Senate nomination Updated: May-09-16 10:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State Rep. Dan Carter won the Connecticut Republican Party's nomination for the U.S. Senate on Monday night just a month after jumping into the race, saying he believes he can defeat Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal in November with his message of middle class values.
- Labor's lost love highlights California congressional race Updated: May-08-16 12:55 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democrat Ami Bera retained his Sacramento County congressional seat two years ago by the slimmest of margins - fewer than 1,500 votes, many drummed up by union supporters who helped him tip the balance in a district that had long been held by Republicans.