- Greece in limbo: Shuttered banks keep lifeline Updated: Jul-02-15 12:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece braced for more chaos on the streets outside its mostly shuttered banks Thursday, as Athens and its creditors halted talks on resolving the country's deepening financial crisis until a referendum this weekend.
- The Latest: Cyprus says latest Greek offer is significant Updated: Jul-01-15 7:41 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes (all times local):
- The Latest: British leader says Greek vote is a vote on euro Updated: Jun-29-15 8:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes as it closes its banks and limits money withdrawals (all times local):
- Poll: Most in NJ oppose new casinos beyond Atlantic City Updated: Jun-24-15 3:13 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A new poll finds most New Jerseyans don't want casino gambling in other parts of the state beyond Atlantic City.
- Fracking foes trying a new approach in St. Tammany Parish Updated: Jun-23-15 3:13 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - On the heels of Helis Oil & Gas Co. starting construction on its St. Tammany Parish oil well last week, an environmental group has launched a new effort to curtail the project.
- Conservative groups attempting to put tax plan on ballot Updated: Jun-23-15 2:27 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A group of conservative Nevada Republicans are trying to place on the 2016 ballot at least part of a $1.4 billion tax package approved and supported by Gov. Brian Sandoval.
- Registration for Navajo language referendum closes Monday Updated: Jun-21-15 7:14 pm
WINDOW ROCK, Arizona - Navajos who want a say in changing the language requirements for the tribe's top two elected posts have until the close of business Monday to register to vote.
- First liquor store in Jefferson City opens after referendum Updated: Jun-11-15 3:19 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Tennessee - The first liquor store in Jefferson City has opened its doors.
- UK bill for an in-out EU referendum passes first hurdle Updated: Jun-09-15 3:25 pm
LONDON - British lawmakers overwhelmingly voted a bill setting up a referendum on European Union membership over its first big hurdle in Parliament Tuesday, with Prime Minister David Cameron gaining support from the Labour opposition but facing unrest within Conservative ranks.
- Casino near NYC would shake up Northeast gambling market Updated: Jun-03-15 2:48 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - A proposed Hard Rock casino in the New Jersey Meadowlands region just outside New York City could be open in a year and would shake up the already rapidly changing gambling market in the northeastern United States.
- Navajo election on fluency requirement to be held July 21 Updated: Jun-03-15 10:12 am
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - A Navajo Nation referendum election on whether to effectively scrap a requirement that candidates for tribal president and vice president speak the Navajo language fluently has been rescheduled to July 21.
- Ex Separatist Quebec premier dead at 84 Updated: Jun-02-15 9:35 am
MONTREAL - Jacques Parizeau, the blunt-talking former separatist Quebec premier who came close to taking the French-speaking province out of Canada, has died. He was 84.
- New Jersey bill would let voters decide on 3 casinos by NYC Updated: Jun-01-15 2:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City's monopoly on casino gambling in the state, enshrined in law and fiercely protected by politicians for nearly 40 years, began to crumble Monday as lawmakers introduced a bill that would let voters decide whether to allow three new casinos in northern New Jersey, just outside New York City.