- Voter registration deadline is Saturday in Mississippi Updated: Oct-02-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi has a voter registration deadline Saturday.
- Voter registration deadline for Ohio's election is Monday Updated: Oct-02-15 3:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohioans who want to cast a ballot in the fall election have until Monday to register to vote or update their voter information.
- Absentee voting under way for Nov. 3 Va. general election Updated: Oct-02-15 2:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's general election a full month away, but absentee voting is already under way.
- Kansas officials to begin culling incomplete voter forms Updated: Oct-01-15 8:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas election officials are expected to begin removing the names of more than 31,000 prospective voters from their registration records Friday in line with the state's tough voter identification law, which requires applicants to prove their citizenship before casting a ballot.
- Election fraud case goes to Kentucky Supreme Court Updated: Oct-01-15 1:51 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Attorneys for a Magoffin County official have asked the Kentucky Supreme Court to review a lower court decision that would force the official out of office for election fraud.
- West Virginia debuts online voter registration Updated: Oct-01-15 5:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginians can now register to vote through the Secretary of State's website.
- Voters challenge Kansas citizenship rule, voter rolls change Updated: Sep-30-15 8:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two young northeast Kansas residents filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to prevent the state from requiring them to document their U.S. citizenship and to keep election officials from removing their names and thousands of others from registration rolls.
- Bill on construction borrowing, referendum goes to McCrory Updated: Sep-30-15 1:16 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Voters statewide will likely decide in March whether North Carolina should borrow $2 billion for scores of government construction projects after the General Assembly gave final approval early Wednesday to a debt package and proposed referendum.
- Connecticut panel approves $6.7 M for election upgrades Updated: Sep-29-15 12:55 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More than $6.7 million is being earmarked for improvements to voting equipment across Connecticut.
- Judge upholds Iowa law disqualifying felons from voting Updated: Sep-29-15 12:30 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa judge upheld a state law that disqualifies felons from voting but said the state Supreme Court needs to sort out the confusion it caused last year when it ruled not all felons are automatically disenfranchised.
- Sullivan County councilman charged with voter fraud Updated: Sep-28-15 5:49 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Federal prosecutors have charged a western Indiana county councilman with voter fraud and witness tampering.
- Deadline for Pennsylvania voter registration is 1 week away Updated: Sep-28-15 1:18 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The deadline for registering to vote in Pennsylvania's Nov. 3 election is one week away.
- Kansas voter list purge affects young, unaffiliated the most Updated: Sep-28-15 12:11 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The young and politically unaffiliated are the most likely to be affected by Kansas' plans to purge voter lists of people who have incomplete registrations, a newspaper analysis has found.
- Spain: Pro-secession parties in Catalonia win landmark vote Updated: Sep-27-15 8:14 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Pro-secession parties pushing for Spain's northeastern Catalonia region to break away and form a new Mediterranean nation won a landmark vote Sunday by capturing a regional parliamentary majority, setting up a possible showdown over independence with the central government in Madrid.
- Charlotte Hawkins Brown's role in voting rights examined Updated: Sep-26-15 4:02 am
SEDALIA, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hawkins Brown Museum is opening an exhibit about its namesake's role in the fight for voting rights that gives visitors the opportunity to take a literacy test.
- Ex-lawmaker pleads guilty to lying to investigators Updated: Sep-25-15 12:58 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former Connecticut lawmaker who had been charged with election fraud for allegedly voting in a district where she did not live has pleaded guilty to lying to investigators, but avoided prison time.
- Legislators vote for all North Carolina primaries in March Updated: Sep-24-15 8:06 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina lawmakers agreed Thursday to hold next year's primary elections March 15, a move designed to increase state influence in choosing presidential nominees but that also will accelerate decision-making by potential candidates for hundreds of elected positions.
- North Carolina primary election calendar under approved bill Updated: Sep-24-15 7:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The proposed primary election calendar based on final legislative approval Thursday of a measure that moves all 2016 primaries in North Carolina to March 15:
- Myanmar defends decision barring Rohingya from voting Updated: Sep-24-15 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Myanmar has defended a decision barring 800,000 ethnic minority people from voting in November elections by saying that green card holders can't vote in U.S. elections either.
- Nebraska gets 870 applications for online voter registration Updated: Sep-23-15 5:18 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska officials say they've received 870 applications for online voter registration over a 24-hour period.
- Grimes announces online voter registration system Updated: Sep-22-15 4:31 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentuckians will be able to register to vote online beginning with the 2016 presidential election.
- Singer Janelle Monae, White House push voter registration Updated: Sep-22-15 12:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Singer Janelle Monae has some advice for people who avoid registering to vote: Don't treat it like going to the dentist or the DMV.
- Shantel Krebs to be in Rapid City for Voter Registration Day Updated: Sep-22-15 2:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Secretary of State Shantel Krebs is set to be in Rapid City for National Voter Registration Day.
- Greece's Tsipras: bailout rebel to bailout enforcer Updated: Sep-21-15 1:47 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greeks have elected Alexis Tsipras prime minister for the second time this year but with a strikingly different mandate: Instead of the vehemently anti-austerity platform he espoused in January, he has now agreed to implement yet more stringent spending cuts and tax hikes.
- US Rep. Mulvaney backing Paul's GOP presidential bid Updated: Sep-21-15 12:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney announced Monday he would be supporting Rand Paul's bid for president, making him the first South Carolina congressman to officially back a Republican candidate seeking the 2016 nomination.