- California lawmakers advance Brown's affordable housing plan Updated: May-27-16 1:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have adopted a controversial plan proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown in response to the state's affordable housing crisis.
- Gov. Baker: Plan would devote over $1B to affordable housing Updated: May-16-16 2:03 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker wants to devote more than $1 billion to affordable housing over the next five years with the goal of preserving or creating 5,000 affordable units.
- Market-rate housing get tax breaks through state program Updated: May-14-16 2:45 pm
HILLSBORO, Oregon - The new buildings surrounding the Orenco MAX station look like they could have been airlifted from the Pearl District. The train whizzes by a public plaza where families and couples gather. Young professionals drink craft beer and watch sports on the ground floor of an apartment tower. Others eat at outdoor tables beside a French boulangerie.
- Federal govt won't hold up funds over NC bathroom law fight Updated: May-12-16 3:38 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration made clear Thursday it won't withhold money for North Carolina while a legal fight plays out over the state's law on bathroom use by transgender people.
- NYC moves ahead with affordable housing plans for elderly Updated: May-05-16 6:16 am
NEW YORK - New York City is moving ahead with plans to build nearly 500 apartments for low-income tenants, most of them elderly.
- HUD awards over $428K for local Indiana homeless programs Updated: May-03-16 5:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded more than $428,000 in grants to five local homeless housing and service programs across Indiana.
- Local homeless programs across Michigan awarded about $13.9M Updated: May-03-16 5:45 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded roughly $13.9 million to local homeless housing and service programs across Michigan.
- HUD awards some $2.9M to homeless programs in New Mexico Updated: May-02-16 4:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded more than $2.9 million to homeless housing and service programs across New Mexico.
- Ohio invests in opening recovery houses for heroin addicts Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 am
DAYTON, Ohio - When residents of the Ome Garden neighborhood got word of plans for moving recovering drug addicts into a vacant house, they didn't like what they were hearing.