- Pisa police arrest Moroccan for pro-terror stance on the Web Updated: Jul-06-15 9:32 am
ROME - Italian police have arrested a Moroccan man near Pisa for allegedly using Facebook and other social media to incite Muslims to use terrorism.
- Final News of the World journalist sentenced over hacking Updated: Jul-06-15 9:29 am
LONDON - Four years after a phone-hacking scandal sank the News of the World, the last of the tabloid's journalists to face charges has been sentenced.
- Armenian police disperse protest after 2 weeks Updated: Jul-06-15 9:25 am
YEREVAN, Armenia - Police cleared away barricades on Monday to unblock a central avenue in the Armenian capital that demonstrators had occupied for two weeks to protest hikes in electricity prices in the impoverished former Soviet nation.
- 2016 9th Circuit conference to be held at Big Sky Updated: Jul-06-15 9:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Next year's 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial Conference will be held at Big Sky.
- Boy comforted by toy bear pays gift forward with donation Updated: Jul-06-15 9:14 am
COLUMBUS, Indiana - When his sister Eva died at birth, a teddy bear from a grief counselor is what comforted her brother, 10-year-old Jacob Clark.
- Who will make us laugh during upcoming presidential campaign Updated: Jul-06-15 9:09 am
NEW YORK - A presidential campaign is beginning without late-night television hosts who helped us laugh through past ones, both a cultural loss and an opportunity for new voices.
- Texas officials laud Alamo's world heritage site designation Updated: Jul-06-15 9:02 am
SAN ANTONIO - Texas officials applauded a United Nations committee's decision Sunday to add the Alamo and four other Spanish Roman Catholic missions to UNESCO's list of world heritage sites, knowing it may bring more tourists.
- Proposed Bucks arena goes before budget committee Updated: Jul-06-15 9:01 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A proposed $500 million arena for the Milwaukee Bucks is back up before Wisconsin lawmakers.
- Newport's Cliff Walk by Gilded Age mansions now smoke-free Updated: Jul-06-15 9:00 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Now that smokers can no longer light up on Newport's iconic Cliff Walk, the only thing breathtaking is the view.
- Clinton unveiling 2016 policy ideas on families, economy Updated: Jul-06-15 9:00 am
WASHINGTON - Earlier this year, Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign lost count of its experts.
- Clinton offers reassurance to gay youth in web posting Updated: Jul-06-15 8:59 am
WASHINGTON - Boosting her social media outreach to younger voters, Hillary Rodham Clinton is seeking to offer reassurance to gay youths in a posting that is drawing wide online attention.
- Obama heads to Pentagon for meetings on Islamic State Updated: Jul-06-15 8:58 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is making a rare visit to the Pentagon to get an update from military leaders on the campaign against the Islamic State.
- Facing record migrant flows, Hungary tightens asylum system Updated: Jul-06-15 8:56 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's parliament has approved amendments tightening the country's asylum system, a response to the record number of migrants and refugees reaching the country over the past year.
- Islamic State group fighters regain control of Syrian town Updated: Jul-06-15 8:50 am
BEIRUT - The Islamic State group has regained control of a northern Syrian town captured by Kurdish fighters two weeks ago, activists and IS-linked social media outlets reported Monday.
- China to snub arbitration hearing on feud with Philippines Updated: Jul-06-15 8:46 am
MANILA, Philippines - China is standing pat on its decision to reject arbitration by an international tribunal that will begin formal hearings this week to resolve a long-seething feud between Beijing and Manila over the South China Sea, the Chinese ambassador to Manila said Monday.
- Zimbabwean government exports elephants despite protest Updated: Jul-06-15 8:44 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - The Zimbabwean government has exported about 20 elephants to China, ignoring a protest by animal rights groups.
- Negotiators to meet amid Pennsylvania's budget stalemate Updated: Jul-06-15 8:40 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Wolf administration and top lawmakers are expected to resume talking as Pennsylvania state government starts its new fiscal year with limited spending authority because the sides didn't reach agreement on budget legislation.
- Police shoot, kill man they say pointed gun at helicopter Updated: Jul-06-15 8:34 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A man who authorities say pointed a handgun at a police helicopter and two officers in Oklahoma City has been shot and killed by police.
- Eastern Iowa town to bolster police with auxiliary officers Updated: Jul-06-15 8:32 am
MONTROSE, Iowa - The City Council in Montrose has approved plans to try out a program for auxiliary officers to bolster the town's police force.
- Deputy shoots, kills suspect at Hawaiian Gardens home Updated: Jul-06-15 8:29 am
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say a deputy responding to reports of a prowler shot and killed a suspect outside a home in Hawaiian Gardens.
- Global markets fall sharply after Greek 'no' vote Updated: Jul-06-15 8:25 am
LONDON - Stock markets and oil prices fell Monday after Greece's voters overwhelmingly rejected reform proposals from international creditors, a verdict that's reinforced fears the country may be heading out of the euro currency.
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt Updated: Jul-06-15 8:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece and its membership in Europe's joint currency faced an uncertain future Monday, with the country under pressure to reach a bailout deal with creditors as soon as possible after Greeks resoundingly rejected the notion of more austerity in exchange for aid.
- Legislature exempts utilities regulators from info rules Updated: Jul-06-15 8:14 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Communications between members of the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority between scheduled meetings are off-limits to the public in legislation approved by the General Assembly.
- Need for more compost sites highlighted in Detroit suburbs Updated: Jul-06-15 8:02 am
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The question about whether the city of Warren will be able to dump yard waste including grass clippings in another Detroit suburb is drawing attention to the need for more compost sites in Michigan.
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly to vote on tobacco tax Updated: Jul-06-15 7:53 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly will yet again be voting on a tobacco tax.