- Irish church eyes 2018 papal visit, reconciliation gesture Updated: May-24-16 8:02 am
VATICAN CITY - The archbishop of Dublin is hoping Pope Francis will visit Northern Ireland as well as Dublin to mark the next edition of the Catholic Church's big family rally.
- 5-year-old takes high school senior to prom Updated: May-22-16 1:17 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Wisconsin - A 5-year-old Wisconsin boy is beaming after he took the high school senior he's been crushing on for most of his short life to prom. Sort of.
- Preakness win behind them, Desormeauxs prepare for Belmont Updated: May-22-16 12:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Bonded by their prowess for getting the most out of race horses, siblings Keith and Kent Desormeaux have a relationship that can best be described as professional.
- Ohio doctor brings health care to his native Kenya Updated: May-22-16 9:59 am
AKRON, Ohio - Dr. Bonyo S. Bonyo feels like he has two homes.
- Brother of Brussels bomber wins European taekwondo gold Updated: May-21-16 2:53 pm
MONTREUX, Switzerland - Mourad Laachraoui, the brother of one of the Brussels airport suicide bombers, keeps enhancing his Olympic taekwondo prospects after winning his third gold medal this year.
- Bad Boy concert rocks hard with Puff Daddy, Jay Z, Lil Kim Updated: May-21-16 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - Hours before Puff Daddy hit the stage for an all-star concert featuring his Bad Boy family, Jay Z and Mary J. Blige, he could not contain his excitement.
- Nebraska school cook hangs up hairnet after 34 years Updated: May-21-16 10:44 am
BANCROFT, Nebraska - Preparing meals for dozens of children every day, knowing that some of them won't like the food, is part of the job of being a school cook.
- Pregnant mom with rare, aggressive cancer: 'I don't give up' Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
LYNNWOOD, Washington - Apryl and Peter Roberts' second daughter is sure to be a spirited little fighter. By the time she is born near the end of May, her mother will have climbed Seattle's Columbia Center, weathered life-shattering news, and endured several rounds of chemotherapy - all while pregnant.
- Parents allege student mistreatment at Norwalk school Updated: May-20-16 8:25 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - The state is investigating a Norwalk school after several parents complained that their children are coming home with scratches and bruises.
- Emilio Navaira's brother says autopsy shows clogged artery Updated: May-19-16 2:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The brother of Tejano star Emilio Navaira (nah-VY'-rah) says the Grammy winner may have suffered a fatal heart attack shortly after returning from a jog.
- Methodists trying to avoid church split over gay rights Updated: May-18-16 9:00 pm
Struggling to avoid a split over gay rights, the top policy-making body of the United Methodist Church on Wednesday narrowly approved a full review of all church law on sexuality, amid an emotional meeting roiled by talk of schism.
- 2 claim share of Prince's estate through half brother Updated: May-18-16 5:51 pm
CHASKA, Minnesota - Two women are claiming a share of Prince's estate based on a connection through a man widely described as Prince's half brother.
- Judge sets trial date in lawsuit against Duckworth Updated: May-18-16 5:19 pm
JONESBORO, Illinois - A judge in southern Illinois has set an Aug. 15 trial date in a workplace retaliation lawsuit filed against U.S. Senate candidate Tammy Duckworth.
- In Cannes' hit 'Loving,' a humble love overpowers racism Updated: May-18-16 11:08 am
CANNES, France - Jeff Nichols, sitting calmly by the beach, was surprised to notice a curious lack of butterflies amid the usually anxiety-ridden premiere experience at the Cannes Film Festival. His film, "Loving," is about Richard and Mildred Loving, the Virginia couple whose biracial marriage in 1958 led to a landmark Supreme Court decision on marriage equality.
- Lily-Rose Depp and Soko dance into Cannes with 'The Dancer' Updated: May-17-16 11:39 pm
CANNES, France - Lily-Rose Depp and Stephanie "Soko" Sokolinski have a turbulent relationship in their new film "The Dancer," but off camera, the two actresses are friends enjoying the Cannes Film Festival. Sokolinski even helped get Depp the job.
- Mexican president proposes legalizing gay marriage Updated: May-17-16 7:15 pm
MEXICO CITY - President Enrique Pena Nieto proposed to legalize same-sex marriage in Mexico on Tuesday, a move that would enshrine on a national level a Supreme Court ruling last year that it was unconstitutional for states to bar such couples from wedding.
- Review: A tale of combustible friendship in 'Girls on Fire' Updated: May-17-16 10:42 am
"Girls on Fire" (Harper), by Robin Wasserman
- France's govt wants to allow divorce by mutual consent Updated: May-17-16 7:34 am
PARIS - The French government plans to allow divorce by mutual consent to proceed without a judge, to simplify and accelerate the process.
- Lawmakers eye bill changing definition of family Updated: May-17-16 4:29 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state House is set to vote on bill change the definition of family under Delaware law to make references to couples gender neutral.
- Low-income high schoolers to get grants for college courses Updated: May-16-16 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - For the first time, thousands of low-income high-school students in nearly two dozen states will soon be able to get federal grants to take college courses for credit, part of a program the Obama administration plans to begin this summer.
- Top baby names in Washington last year: Oliver and Olivia Updated: May-16-16 4:32 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Social Security Administration says the top baby names in Washington state last year were Oliver and Olivia.
- Review: 'Unseen City' celebrates nature and urban parenting Updated: May-16-16 3:12 pm
"Unseen City: The Majesty of Pigeons, the Discreet Charm of Snails, & Other Wonders of the Urban Wilderness" (Rodale), by Nathanael Johnson
- Family beach house fun: Casino nights, luaus, competitions Updated: May-16-16 10:13 am
NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, North Carolina - Renting a house for a week or so with extended family or friends is an economical way to vacation while offering quality time with loved ones.
- 10 ideas for theme nights at a vacation home with family Updated: May-16-16 10:10 am
If you're renting a vacation house with extended family this summer and trying to figure out ways to bring a large group with different ages together, consider planning some fun theme nights. Here are 10 ideas.
- New website helps Germans and migrants meet, talk about life Updated: May-15-16 5:18 am
BERLIN - During the height of the migrant crisis in Europe last fall, Lasse Landt came to a startling realization.