- Dartmouth coach: Tackle-free practice reduces concussions Updated: May-13-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens makes a promise to recruited players before they take the field: "In four years, you will never tackle another Dartmouth football player."
- Teen football player whose injury raised safety efforts dies Updated: May-12-16 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Donnovan Hill, the California teenager whose paralyzing football injury led to increased safety protections for young players after he sued a youth league, has died, a lawyer for his family said Thursday.
- Pop Warner bans kickoffs in 3 youngest age divisions Updated: May-12-16 6:11 pm
LANGHORNE, Pennsylvania - Pop Warner said Thursday it is eliminating kickoffs in its three youngest football divisions, another safety-focused rules change sure to be noticed and discussed at higher levels of the game.
- 2 accused of threatening football officials to face trial Updated: May-11-16 11:59 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Pennsylvania - A youth football player's father and a waitress who worked with him have been ordered to trial on charges that they threatened Pennsylvania youth football leagues officials, prompting cancellation of its season.
- School sacks nation's last tackle powder-puff football game Updated: May-03-16 4:31 pm
JUPITER, Florida - What boosters describe as the nation's last tackle powder-puff football game is no more, at least for now.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.