- Gay rights activists march in New Delhi parade Updated: Nov-29-15 7:58 am
NEW DELHI - Hundreds of gay rights activists danced to drum beats and held colorful balloons as they marched in a parade in New Delhi on Sunday, celebrating what they call the diversity of gender and sexuality.
- Gay marriage is legal but not on tribal lands Updated: Nov-27-15 5:22 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Cleo Pablo married her longtime partner when gay weddings became legal in Arizona and looked forward to the day when her wife and their children could move into her home in the small Native American community outside Phoenix where she grew up.
- LGBT homeless teens in Baton Rouge to get housing Updated: Nov-27-15 12:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge nonprofit emergency shelter for young people has opened a new facility specifically geared toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth.
- Key figure in keeping gay groups out of Boston parade dies Updated: Nov-25-15 3:51 pm
BOSTON - John "Wacko" Hurley, the longtime leader of the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade and the plaintiff in a 1995 U.S. Supreme Court case that allowed organizers to bar gay groups, has died. He was 85.
- Stay order requested in gay couples' birth certificate case Updated: Nov-25-15 1:57 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Department of Health has asked a Pulaski County judge to suspend his order requiring the agency to amend the birth certificates of babies born to three same-sex couples.
- Israel court allows transgender woman's cremation Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 am
JERUSALEM - The body of an Israeli transgender woman who took her own life will be cremated despite her ultra-Orthodox family's wishes, Israel's Supreme Court ruled in documents obtained Wednesday.
- ACLU-TN lawsuit supports students' right to free speech Updated: Nov-24-15 12:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee has filed a lawsuit to protect students' right to free speech after a senior was censored for wearing a shirt to school supporting equality for lesbian and gay people.
- Baptists urge Greenville church to repent after gay marriage Updated: Nov-24-15 7:56 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Two Baptist groups have urged a Greenville church to repent after its pastor performed a same-sex wedding off campus.
- Lehigh University: Student, 2 men charged with hate crime Updated: Nov-24-15 7:37 am
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Officials say a Lehigh University student and two other men are charged with a hate crime for saying an anti-gay slur and pushing another student to the ground.
- ACLU lawsuit supports students' right to free speech Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee has filed a lawsuit to protect students' right to free speech in Giles County schools.
- Venue owners appeal fine for denying lesbian couple wedding Updated: Nov-23-15 12:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - Owners of a wedding venue who were fined $13,000 for violating the state's anti-discrimination law argued Monday that they should be legally allowed to follow their Christian faith.
- Rush for gay couples to marry in Montana declines Updated: Nov-22-15 5:47 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The initial rush for gay couples to marry in Montana has declined after 436 couples married during the first year since the state's marriage ban ended, but couples say they're happy with the changes that have made their lives easier.
- Jackson backs off anti-discrimination measure Updated: Nov-22-15 4:57 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - The Jackson Town Council is reviewing a proposed ordinance that would ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity after city officials said it would be difficult to enforce, and suggested a resolution might be better and get the attention of state lawmakers.
- LGBT rights a major issue, but GOP has other priorities Updated: Nov-22-15 11:43 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The debate over whether to extend civil rights protections to gays and lesbians in Indiana drew throngs of demonstrators to the Statehouse last week, where lawmakers gathered to set the agenda for the coming legislative session.
- Ugandan gays hope the pope will speak out on their behalf Updated: Nov-22-15 10:59 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Gay activists are hoping Pope Francis will preach tolerance toward homosexuals, and even go so far as to condemn violent attacks against gays during his upcoming visit to Uganda. Church leaders, however, are praying he'll avoid the issue altogether.
- 8 Michigan companies earn highest marks for LGBT policies Updated: Nov-22-15 4:01 am
LANSING, Michigan - Eight Michigan companies have earned perfect scores for having inclusive, non-discrimination policies for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers.
- Some Indiana cities worry about impact of proposed LGBT bill Updated: Nov-20-15 5:56 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Officials in some Indiana cities with ordinances that provide protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents are worried that a bill lawmakers will consider in the 2016 session could undermine their local authority.
- ACLU says Kentucky clerk should have to reissue licenses Updated: Nov-20-15 5:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The American Civil Liberties Union says a Kentucky county clerk's office should reissue altered marriage licenses even though the governor has promised to recognize them as valid.
- Utah man sues over alleged same-sex marriage discrimination Updated: Nov-20-15 2:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man says the college where he worked discriminated against him because he was in a same-sex marriage, denying the couple benefits and forcing him out of a job.
- Kanawha school board strengthens LGBT employment protections Updated: Nov-20-15 10:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Kanawha County school board has approved policy changes meant to protect prospective and current lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees from discrimination.
- Portugal allows same-sex adoption, artificial insemination Updated: Nov-20-15 8:43 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's Parliament has approved laws allowing same-sex couples to legally adopt children and permitting lesbians to obtain medically assisted fertilization.
- Business coalition in Kentucky backs gay rights bill Updated: Nov-19-15 3:55 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Passing statewide legislation to protect gay and bisexual people from workplace discrimination would be good for Kentucky businesses, gay rights advocates said Thursday.
- Suit challenging religious objections order going to trial Updated: Nov-19-15 3:37 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A lawsuit challenging Gov. Bobby Jindal's executive order offering protections to people who oppose same-sex marriage is headed to trial.
- US Embassy mocks Russian paper over fake letter Updated: Nov-19-15 3:21 pm
MOSCOW - The U.S. Embassy in Moscow has mocked a Russian daily that has accused Washington of conspiring to brand some Russian officials as gays, by correcting mistakes in a fake letter the newspaper mentioned as proof.
- Ohio lawmakers push proposed ban on LGBT conversion therapy Updated: Nov-19-15 7:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Democratic state lawmakers in Ohio are using this week's Transgender Day of Remembrance as an opportunity to push their bill seeking a ban on therapy aimed at changing the sexual orientation of minors.