- Vast trove of Medicare data details how billions are spent Updated: Jun-01-15 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Joint replacement was the most common hospital procedure that Medicare paid for in 2013, accounting for nearly 450,000 inpatient admissions and $6.6 billion in payments.
- Grand Forks mayor undergoes triple-bypass heart surgery Updated: May-27-15 12:20 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks Mayor Michael Brown says he'll continue his mayoral duties as he recovers from open-heart surgery, though he's taken a leave of absence from his duties as a doctor with Altru Health.
- N. Ireland leader hospitalized over suspected heart attack Updated: May-25-15 6:58 am
DUBLIN - First Minister Peter Robinson, the Protestant leader of Northern Ireland's unity government, has been hospitalized after a suspected heart attack, his party said Monday.
- Sarasota jail inmate died of hypertension Updated: May-12-15 3:04 am
SARASOTA, Florida - The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office says the death of an inmate at the jail appears to have been related to hypertension.
- Aging skiers bring new demands for sports medicine Updated: May-08-15 11:38 am
VAIL, Colorado - A few years ago, the National Ski Areas Association released numbers confirming the existence of something that many here have enjoyed contributing: an aging skier population.
- MU research IDs enzyme tied to obesity-related hypertension Updated: May-08-15 5:05 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A study led by a University of Missouri professor has identified the enzyme blamed for obesity-related high blood pressure.