- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- Cardiologist details troubles at Chicago-area VA hospital Updated: Jul-31-15 10:38 am
CHICAGO - A cardiologist who worked at a Chicago-area Veterans Affairs hospital says the facility had a yearlong backlog of unread heart tests.
- Donation pays for new van to carry pediatric care team Updated: Jul-27-15 5:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A gift from the Daniel Pitino Foundation has paid for a new vehicle that will carry a group of University of Louisville physicians around the state to treat children with heart problems.
- FDA OKs breakthrough cholesterol drug for high-risk patients Updated: Jul-24-15 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a first-of-a-kind drug that lowers artery-clogging cholesterol more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.
- St. Jude Medical adds more heart devices in $3.4B buy Updated: Jul-22-15 8:32 am
NEW YORK - St. Jude Medical will spend $3.4 billion in cash to acquire Thoratec, further bulking up its array of devices that are used to treat heart conditions.
- Europe approves Amgen's first-in-class cholesterol drug Updated: Jul-21-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Amgen on Tuesday received European approval for its first-of-a-kind cholesterol drug that lowers levels of the artery-clogging substance more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.
- Idaho inmate's prison heart-attack lawsuit moves forward Updated: Jul-20-15 9:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal judge says an Idaho inmate can move forward with his lawsuit against the state even though he has already won a six-figure settlement from the state's prison health care provider.
- China says imprisoned Tibetan lama died of cardiac arrest Updated: Jul-19-15 1:04 am
BEIJING - The cause of death of a Tibetan lama who was serving a life sentence in a Chinese prison was cardiac arrest, according to state media.
- FDA strengthens heart risk warning in popular pain relievers Updated: Jul-09-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are bolstering warning labels for popular pain relievers, adding information about the risk of heart attack and stroke in the short term.
- SC medical university gets $4M for heart disease, stroke Updated: Jul-09-15 5:37 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Medical University of South Carolina has $4 million from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association to study heart disease and stroke among minority patients.
- FDA approves new heart failure pill from Novartis Updated: Jul-07-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Government regulators have approved a new pill from Novartis to treat heart failure, a deadly chronic disease that affects millions of U.S. patients.