- The Latest: Survivor expresses condolences for TV workers Updated: Aug-28-15 1:36 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- Former broadcaster in TV shooting was a volatile, angry man Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 am
Even after gunning down a TV news reporter and cameraman during a live interview, Vester Lee Flanagan II continued to rage. But after a volatile career that had seen him fired at least twice for clashing with co-workers who recall him as an off-kilter loner, this would be the former broadcaster's last, brutal sign-off.
- Dish and Sinclair agree in principle on new contract Updated: Aug-26-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Dish Network and Sinclair Broadcast Group, one of the largest TV broadcasters in the U.S., said Wednesday they've agreed on the outline of a new contract, one day after Sinclair's channels went dark for Dish customers.
- A quaint rite: Harvesting broadcast's fall crop of new shows Updated: Aug-26-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - It's an exciting new fall season ahead on broadcast TV. We await the charming rom-com "Manhattan Love Story" ... the heart-tugging youth drama, "Red Band Society" ... and don't forget "Mulaney," an autobiographical sitcom about a promising young standup.
- Networks, stars to raise awareness for education Updated: Aug-18-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - The four largest broadcast networks will simultaneously air a fundraising special for education next month featuring Stephen Colbert, Scarlett Johansson and other celebrity entertainers.
- Dish Network, Sinclair agree on extending TV contract Updated: Aug-16-15 3:04 pm
Dish Network and Sinclair Broadcast Group announced an agreement Sunday extending their contract, enabling the satellite TV provider to broadcast Sinclair's local channels and averting a possible blackout.
- Cubans sound unusually open to Kerry call for democracy Updated: Aug-15-15 12:33 pm
HAVANA - The blazing Caribbean sun rose Saturday on a U.S. flag flying over Havana for the first time in 54 years and people discussing political reform with an openness that once would have been unimaginable in Cuba.
- Nielsen's top programs for Aug.3-9 Updated: Aug-11-15 3:35 pm
NEW YORK - Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Aug. 3-9. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- Reelz says Miss USA Pageant belongs on a broadcast network Updated: Aug-09-15 4:31 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Stan E. Hubbard, the CEO of Reelz, says the network is "darn proud" of airing the Miss USA Pageant but it was likely a one-time thing.
- Women tweet ilooklikeanengineer, among week's tech chatter Updated: Aug-06-15 8:19 pm
NEW YORK - Thousands of female engineers, coders, self-described science nerds and other tech superstars joined a Twitter campaign this week to break down stereotypes about what engineers should look like.