- Mistrial declared in Red Cross embezzlement trial Updated: Feb-10-16 1:03 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Newly disclosed evidence has prompted a Connecticut judge to declare a mistrial in the case of a former local American Red Cross official accused of embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Feds charge Kansas man over fake casino 'players cards' Updated: Feb-10-16 10:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal prosecutors have charged a former tribal casino employee with embezzlement in a scheme involving fake "players cards" at a casino in northeast Kansas.
- Misdemeanors refiled against ex-trooper accused of assault Updated: Feb-09-16 3:38 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - Prosecutors have refiled two misdemeanor charges against a former Oklahoma Highway Patrolman charged with sexually assaulting three women during traffic stops.
- Spain: Princess Cristina back in court for tax fraud trial Updated: Feb-09-16 4:40 am
PALMA DE MALLORCA, Spain - Spain's Princess Cristina was back in court Tuesday for trial along with 17 others, including her husband, on charges ranging from tax fraud to embezzlement.
- Kansas man sentenced for embezzling more than $6M Updated: Feb-08-16 12:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City man has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for embezzling more than $6 million.
- Former court clerk ordered to pay back $1M, at $600 a month Updated: Feb-07-16 9:39 pm
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A former court clerk who pleaded guilty to embezzlement must pay back more than $1 million, at $600 a month, a Mississippi judge has ruled.
- Christian group says China charges pastor with embezzling Updated: Feb-06-16 9:29 pm
BEIJING - A pastor in a Chinese province where authorities have been cracking down on churches has been charged with embezzling funds, a Christian rights group said.
- Former tribal chief sentenced for embezzling over $100,000 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former Healy Lake Tribe first chief and administrator will spend up to 90 days on house arrest as part of her sentence for embezzling more than $100,000 in federal and tribal funds.
- Sentencing set for trail-hiking embezzlement fugitive Updated: Feb-06-16 6:15 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge in southwest Ohio has scheduled sentencing for March 30 for a Kentucky accountant who spent much of six years as a fugitive hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Former Lincoln County judge pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Feb-05-16 6:28 pm
CHANDLER, Oklahoma - A former Lincoln County judge has pleaded guilty to embezzling money from his private legal clients.
- Horry County school employee charged with embezzlement Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - An Horry County Schools employee has been arrested on embezzlement charges.
- Wealthy school district accused of misappropriating funds Updated: Feb-05-16 7:03 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A wealthy eastern Pennsylvania school district accused of misleading the public about its finances says a lawsuit against it is baseless and offensive.
- No charges against official accused of misusing funds Updated: Feb-05-16 4:26 am
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island tax collector who authorities say used money from a firefighters' health care fund to pay a personal credit card will not face criminal charges.
- Former sheriff's sergeant gets probation for misconduct Updated: Feb-04-16 9:14 pm
LEADVILLE, Colorado - A former Lake County sheriff's sergeant accused of improperly removing an assault rifle from the evidence room has been sentenced to two years of supervised probation.
- Businessman pleads guilty to embezzling $1M from restaurants Updated: Feb-04-16 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Florida businessman has pleaded guilty to charges he embezzled nearly $1 million from the bankruptcy estate for a company that operated more than two dozen Popeyes fast-food restaurants in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
- Montana man gets prison for casino robbery, embezzlement Updated: Feb-04-16 5:09 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A man who pleaded guilty to robbing the Gray Wolf Peak Casino and embezzling money from clients of his contracting company has been sentenced 29 years in prison.
- Former Manhattan bank manager sentenced for embezzling Updated: Feb-04-16 5:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The former manager of a bank branch in Manhattan faces a little more than two years in prison for embezzling about $277,000 from the bank.
- Widow of Illinois cop who staged suicide pleads not guilty Updated: Feb-03-16 1:55 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - The wife of a disgraced Illinois police officer who staged his suicide to appear he was gunned down in the line of duty, sparking an intensive manhunt, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges she assisted her husband in siphoning money from a youth program.
- Former Jefferson City bank teller sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Feb-03-16 9:42 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Jefferson City bank teller has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for taking $410,000 from the vault.
- Former Missouri sheriff to be sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Feb-03-16 9:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff is set to be sentenced later this month for embezzlement and promoting a fraudulent investment scheme.
- Former administrative law judge pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Feb-03-16 9:35 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former New Mexico Workers' Compensation Administrative Law Judge accused of embezzling more than $500,000 has pleaded guilty in federal court.
- Judge reduces prison sentence of former mayor Updated: Feb-03-16 6:19 am
BRANDON, Mississippi - A judge has reduced the prison sentence of a former mayor convicted of embezzlement.
- Idaho clears Madison County Sheriff's Office of wrongdoing Updated: Feb-02-16 2:26 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Idaho authorities have cleared the Madison County Sheriff's Office of any wrongdoing after some residents said concealed weapon permit funds were misused.
- Billings accountant pleads not guilty to embezzlement Updated: Feb-01-16 12:13 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings accountant has been accused of embezzling almost $100,000 from a corporate client.
- Former credit union employee admits to embezzlement Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A former suburban Kansas City credit union employee has admitted to embezzling more than $34,000.