- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife Updated: May-29-16 1:52 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli media reported Sunday that a police investigation has recommended indicting the wife of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over misuse of state funds and inflated household spending.
- Ex-finance chief at U. of Miami school guilty of $2.3M theft Updated: May-29-16 3:54 am
MIAMI - A former finance director at a University of Miami science school faces prison time after pleading guilty to tax evasion in a $2.3 million embezzlement scheme.
- US senator testifies at congressman's corruption trial Updated: May-26-16 4:38 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Casey testified for the prosecution Thursday in the trial of a congressman accused of trying to land an ambassadorship for a friend in exchange for a bribe.
- Ex-Winnebago County director charged with embezzlement Updated: May-26-16 3:15 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A former Winnebago County purchasing director faces two federal counts of embezzlement for allegedly taking at least $10,000 and possibly as much as $450,000 from government coffers.
- Pension board to let village comment in Gliniewicz case Updated: May-26-16 11:31 am
FOX LAKE, Illinois - The Fox Lake police pension board will let village officials make arguments when it decides how much money should go to the widow of a suburban Chicago police officer who authorities say staged his suicide.
- Kermit Washington accused of stealing from his charity Updated: May-25-16 6:43 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prosecutors have filed charges against former NBA forward Kermit Washington, accusing him of embezzling about a half-million dollars in charitable donations meant to help the needy in Africa and spending it on jewelry, vacations and other things.
- Missouri woman accused of embezzling $1.2M from Garmin Updated: May-25-16 5:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri woman already accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from engineering firm Black & Veatch stole $1.2 million during an earlier job at Garmin International, a new federal indictment alleges.
- Charges made against convicted tribal leader's company Updated: May-25-16 4:27 pm
HELENA, Montana - Representatives of a pipe company started with money embezzled from the Chippewa Cree Tribe pleaded guilty Wednesday to falsely claiming to be a minority-owned business controlled by a former tribal leader who was later convicted in a corruption investigation.
- Azerbaijan frees investigative journalist Khadija Ismayilova Updated: May-25-16 1:06 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - A prominent, award-winning Azerbaijani journalist was released on probation Wednesday following a storm of international protests about her imprisonment, which has been widely seen as an attempt to silence a critical voice.
- Estate claims reveal Westerhuis' debts before murder-suicide Updated: May-25-16 1:00 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who authorities believe embezzled more than $1 million from his employer had significant debt when he killed his wife and four children before taking his own life last year, according to claims against his estate.
- Judge says ex-mayor can stand trial on embezzlement charge Updated: May-25-16 10:46 am
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - A judge says the former mayor of a small town in southern Oklahoma can stand trial on an embezzlement charge.
- Ex-credit union worker gets probation for embezzlement Updated: May-25-16 6:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A former suburban Kansas City credit union employee has been sentenced to three years of supervised probation for embezzling more than $34,000 she now must repay.
- Swiss bank to be shut over Malaysia embezzlement scandal Updated: May-24-16 10:59 am
GENEVA - A Swiss private bank accused of turning a blind eye to shady money transfers and willful defiance of regulators will face criminal proceedings and be liquidated for its alleged role in the suspected embezzlement of $4 billion from a Malaysian state fund.
- Independence man sent to prison for $247K theft from company Updated: May-24-16 8:52 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A former financial comptroller for a North Kansas City company has been sentenced to two years and three months in federal prison for embezzling more than $247,000.
- Goffstown woman sentenced for embezzling more than $1M Updated: May-24-16 3:30 am
GOFFSTOWN, New Hampshire - A 52-year-old New Hampshire woman was sentenced to serve more than two years in prison for embezzling more than $1 million from a Manchester auto body shop.
- Woman pleads guilty in Salina embezzlement case Updated: May-24-16 2:49 am
SALINA, Kansas - A Bennington woman accused of embezzling more than $100,000 from the Salina real estate company where she worked has pleaded guilty.
- Audit criticizes Utah Communications Authority practices Updated: May-22-16 2:20 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A new audit offers a scathing look at the state agency responsible for emergency communications following the discovery of a $1 million embezzlement scheme by an employee.
- OSBI eyes possible embezzlement of high school class funds Updated: May-20-16 12:04 pm
ARAPAHO, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is looking into the possible embezzlement of money from the Arapaho-Butler school district's senior class.
- Woman sentenced to 15 months in prison in embezzlement case Updated: May-19-16 2:39 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A Vermont woman has been sentenced to 15 months in prison after she pleaded guilty to wire fraud and filing a false tax return.
- Iowan pleads not guilty to stealing from US Postal service Updated: May-19-16 10:23 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A July trial has been scheduled for a woman accused of misappropriating money while serving as postmaster in Nora Springs.
- Fire district manager pleads not guilty in embezzlement case Updated: May-18-16 3:03 pm
HOLBROOK, Arizona - A onetime administrator for the former Show Low Fire District has pleaded not guilty in an embezzlement case.
- Georgia pastor pleads not guilty to stealing church money Updated: May-18-16 2:36 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Savannah pastor says he's not guilty of charges that he stole more than $250,000 in tithes and offerings by church members over the course of a decade.
- 7 ex-Beaumont officials charged with $43 million corruption Updated: May-17-16 8:21 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Seven former Beaumont officials, including the city manager, city attorney and police chief, were charged Tuesday with stealing nearly $43 million in public funds.
- Lawyer seeks dismissal of charges against officer's widow Updated: May-17-16 7:30 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A Lake County judge says he will rule next month on a motion to dismiss criminal charges against the widow a suburban Chicago police officer who authorities say staged his suicide.
- Christian charity head admits using donations for sex habit Updated: May-17-16 5:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The president of a Christian charity in Iowa admitted that he embezzled nearly a half-million dollars in donations and used the money to pay for a sex addiction, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.