- Tampa woman pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Jul-02-15 11:53 am
TAMPA, Florida - A 45-year-old Tampa woman has pleaded guilty one count of wire fraud in connection with embezzling from a church.
- Former Baltimore mayor Dixon seeks to regain office Updated: Jul-01-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon, who resigned in 2010 amid a scandal over embezzled gift cards, will seek to regain the office next year as the city struggles with the aftermath of riots following a death in police custody.
- Principal, nonprofit leader arraigned in embezzlement case Updated: Jul-01-15 1:14 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit high school principal and a nonprofit group leader have been arraigned in the theft of funds designed to help at-risk students.
- NY financial planner gets prison term for scamming charities Updated: Jul-01-15 12:47 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York financial planner will spend up to 10 years in prison for embezzling $1.8 million from charities and others.
- Former school official indicted Updated: Jun-30-15 8:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The former finance director for the Jackson Public Schools has been indicted for embezzlement.
- Vernon County woman sentenced to 2 years for embezzlement Updated: Jun-30-15 6:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Vernon County woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for embezzling more than $336,000 from her employer and failing to pay taxes on the stolen money.
- Massachusetts man sentenced for embezzling from RI Lottery Updated: Jun-29-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man will serve time for embezzling more than $5,000 from the Rhode Island Lottery.
- Ex-office manager admits stealing more than $150K from firm Updated: Jun-28-15 2:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Pennsylvania woman has admitted embezzling more than $150,000 while working at a central New Jersey company.
- Arrest warrant issued for ex-Utah utility CFO Updated: Jun-27-15 8:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - An arrest warrant has been issued for the former chief financial officer of a Utah utility convicted of embezzlement.
- Woman sentenced in theft from community health charity Updated: Jun-26-15 8:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has sentenced a bookkeeper who confessed to embezzling $715,000 from a community health charity to 30 months in prison.
- Former Vermont state employee sentenced to 18 months Updated: Jun-25-15 6:46 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Vermont state worker who pleaded guilty to embezzling $207,000 has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Former Quantell exec pleads guilty in US fraud scheme case Updated: Jun-25-15 12:23 pm
BALTIMORE - The former chief operating officer of a Maryland-based federal contractor faces up to 23 years in prison for tax fraud and conspiring to steal from workers' health and welfare plans.
- Spain: Alhambra palace director quizzed over embezzlement Updated: Jun-25-15 10:02 am
MADRID - The director of the board of trustees of Spain's Alhambra palace is under investigation for alleged embezzlement of public funds at the top tourist site.
- Pasadena files lawsuit to recover funds from embezzlement Updated: Jun-25-15 6:14 am
PASADENA, California - Pasadena has filed a lawsuit to recover the money stolen in a $6.4 million embezzlement scheme.
- Ex-funeral director accused of improperly storing bodies Updated: Jun-24-15 10:16 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The former owner of a Massachusetts funeral home has been indicted on charges of improperly caring for dead bodies and embezzling more than $375,000 from clients.
- Romanian premier's aide indicted for corruption charges Updated: Jun-24-15 9:46 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - An aide to Romania's prime minister was indicted on corruption charges, including being an accomplice to embezzling European Union funds and illegally offering incentives to voters in two elections, anti-corruption prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Nebraska woman pleads guilty to bank embezzlement Updated: Jun-23-15 8:29 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A September sentencing has been scheduled for a 42-year-old suburban Omaha woman who's been convicted of embezzling more than $135,000 while working at a bank.
- Humane Society employee accused of embezzling donations Updated: Jun-23-15 8:10 am
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland - Authorities say a Humane Society employee has been accused of stealing more than $30,000 in donation money meant to help care for animals to fund a trip to Aruba.
- Winthrop woman charged with embezzling from church Updated: Jun-23-15 6:29 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former office manager and treasurer at a Winthrop church has been indicted on charges she embezzled about $30,000 in church funds.
- Ex-treasurer of Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police gets 3 years Updated: Jun-23-15 1:28 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A former treasurer of the Fraternal Order of Police Oklahoma State Lodge and the Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police has been sentenced to nearly three years in federal prison for embezzling over $419,000 from the organizations.
- Former E. Idaho sheriff sentenced to 30 days in jail Updated: Jun-22-15 11:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden says a former eastern Idaho sheriff convicted of misusing public funds in a case involving a county-paid cell phone has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and ordered to pay $2,500 in fines.
- Ex-Gulfstream exec gets 11 years for embezzling $10 million Updated: Jun-22-15 5:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - As an accounting executive at Gulfstream Aerospace, Marvin Jay Caukin was pulling in a quarter-million dollars a year and had a wife 30 years his junior. He was living a lavish lifestyle that included splitting time between two luxury Los Angeles-area homes, and paying for the company of female escorts, luxury cars and $800 dinners, federal investigators say.
- USPS employee in SD indicted on theft of mail charge Updated: Jun-21-15 10:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An employee of the U.S. Postal Service in western South Dakota has been indicted on a theft of mail charge.
- Appeals panel won't let ex-superintendent withdraw plea Updated: Jun-20-15 5:43 pm
JOHNSTOWN, Pennsylvania - An appeals court has rejected a former western Pennsylvania school superintendent's bid to withdraw a guilty plea to misuse of federal funds intended to expand high-speed Internet access.
- Woman sentenced to 5 years for $3 million fraud scheme Updated: Jun-19-15 12:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 53-year-old Kansas City woman whose fraud scheme forced a company to file for bankruptcy has been sentenced to five years in federal prison.