- 7 more Kenyan athletes banned for doping Updated: Nov-27-15 4:23 pm
Two-time cross-country world champion Emily Chebet was among seven Kenyan athletes banned for doping Friday, another indication that the country has a serious problem of cheating among its famed distance runners.
- Ex-Frisch's exec makes plea deal in $4M embezzlement case Updated: Nov-26-15 3:40 pm
CINCINNATI - Court records show a former assistant treasurer of the Cincinnati-based company behind dozens of Frisch's Big Boy restaurants is agreeing to plead guilty to charges of wire fraud and filing a false tax return.
- Former county treasurer gets 3 years for embezzling $220K Updated: Nov-25-15 11:21 pm
HELENA, Montana - A former Jefferson County treasurer who acknowledged embezzling more than $220,000 has been sentenced to three years with the Montana Department of Corrections.
- New Hanover DSS worker facing multiple embezzlement counts Updated: Nov-25-15 3:42 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities in New Hanover County say a Department of Social Services worker has been arrested and charged with 11 counts of embezzlement.
- Former church secretary pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - A former secretary at a south-central Kentucky church has pleaded guilty to federal wire fraud charges.
- Ex-Bricklayer's Union employee admits embezzling from group Updated: Nov-24-15 4:39 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former employee of the Bricklayer's International Union, Local 5, has pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly $161,000 from a trust fund used to train future union members.
- Ex-manager gets more than 4 years in prison for embezzlement Updated: Nov-24-15 7:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The former manager of an East Longmeadow retirement community has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for embezzling about $325,000 from the facility.
- Eden Prairie woman gets almost 7 years for embezzlement Updated: Nov-24-15 3:51 am
MINNEAPOLIS - An Eden Prairie woman will spend nearly seven years in prison for embezzling about $1.3 million while working for a Golden Valley property management company owned by her mother.
- Vancleave woman gets probation for embezzling $13K from boss Updated: Nov-23-15 6:10 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A 54-year-old Vancleave woman has been sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to repay thousands of dollars she embezzled from her former employer.
- Northeast Kansas chamber official faces theft charge Updated: Nov-21-15 12:49 pm
HIAWATHA, Kansas - A former board member for a northeast Kansas chamber of commerce has been charged with embezzling from the organization.
- Quantell exec gets 8 years in defense contracting fraud case Updated: Nov-20-15 2:59 pm
BALTIMORE - A federal judge in Baltimore has given a founder of two defense contracting firms an eight-year prison sentence for defrauding the government, stealing from employee benefit plans and evading taxes.
- Gliniewicz accounts will remain frozen until judge's ruling Updated: Nov-20-15 12:38 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - Bank accounts will remain frozen that belong to the widow of a northern Illinois police officer who authorities say killed himself after years of embezzling from a police youth program.
- Credit union's ex-CEO pleads guilty to more than $100K theft Updated: Nov-20-15 9:49 am
TOWSON, Maryland - The former CEO of HealthCare United Federal Credit Union has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $100,000 from the institution.
- Ex-church member to face trial on embezzlement charges Updated: Nov-20-15 12:10 am
HAYWARD, California - A judge has ordered a Vallejo man to stand trial on charges he stole about $587,000 from charitable organizations he led on behalf of one of Oakland's most popular churches.
- Former professor convicted of embezzling at Florida State Updated: Nov-19-15 6:39 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A former Florida State professor has been convicted of stealing money from a business school fund set up to teach students about investing.
- St. Louis-area principal's wife accused of stealing Updated: Nov-19-15 12:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - The wife of a principal in a St. Louis-area school district is accused of stealing thousands of dollars while serving as the now-former overseer of a scholastic book fair.
- Vermont bank officer pleads not guilty to embezzling funds Updated: Nov-18-15 2:32 pm
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A former employee of a Passumpsic Savings Bank branch in Vermont stands accused of stealing more than $28,000 from the bank and using most of the money to pay her credit card bill.
- Illinois officer spent embezzled money on coffee, movies Updated: Nov-18-15 2:08 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - A northern Illinois police officer who authorities say killed himself after years of embezzling from a police-sponsored youth program spent the stolen money on items such as coffee, restaurant meals and trips to the movies, according to court documents.
- Ex-teacher charged in charity poker games embezzlement case Updated: Nov-18-15 1:39 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A former Flint-area high school teacher and baseball coach has been charged with embezzlement in connection with money raised from charity poker games promoted as fundraisers for schools in the Kearsley district.
- Man admits stealing more than $400K from police credit union Updated: Nov-18-15 1:35 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Portland man has pleaded guilty in court to embezzling more than $400,000 from police credit union accounts.
- Former Alabama union president sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Nov-18-15 12:51 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a former union president who represented Veterans Affairs Hospital workers has been sentenced to prison time for embezzlement.
- Woman pleads guilty to exploitation of vulnerable person Updated: Nov-10-15 6:32 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A 59-year-old Natchez woman will spend time in prison and have to pay nearly $44,000 in restitution for her role in the embezzlement of funds from an elderly woman under her care.
- Woman charged after police say embezzled $360K+ from lawyer Updated: Nov-09-15 8:54 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A woman who worked for a local attorney has been charged after police say she embezzled over $360,000 from her employer.
- Former county officials indicted for embezzlement Updated: Nov-08-15 4:11 pm
FULTON, Mississippi - The former director and administrative assistant of the Itawamba County Development Council face embezzlement charges.
- Woman sentenced to prison for stealing from Norfolk firm Updated: Nov-07-15 12:24 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former bookkeeper has been sentenced to 2½ years for embezzling almost $470,000 from her Norfolk employer.