- Lake Village pairs with US agency to boost health, economy Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
LAKE VILLAGE, Arkansas - Lake Village will partner with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency this year to plan expansions to the city's community garden and trails, the agency announced last week.
- 12th annual Local Foods Conference set in West Fargo Updated: Feb-04-16 2:25 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A two-day conference focusing on local foods is being held in West Fargo this weekend.
- University of Maine System chooses Sodexo as its vendor Updated: Feb-03-16 4:15 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The University of Maine System is awarding its $12 million annual dining services contract to Sodexo, which says it's focusing on local food in campus cafeterias.
- EXCHANGE: Danforth organic farmer wins sustainable ag award Updated: Jan-28-16 8:38 am
DANFORTH, Illinois - Harold Wilken, of Danforth, began farming 33 years ago and credits his first landlady, 82-year-old Ivadelle Dubois, with trying to get him to "just say no" to synthetic chemical herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers.
- Feds to work with Rosebud Sioux Tribe on new food initiative Updated: Jan-26-16 6:01 am
MISSION, South Dakota - The Rosebud Indian Reservation is one of 27 communities nationwide that's been selected to participate in a new federal initiative that aims to increase economic opportunities for local farmers and improve the quality of life in rural communities.
- Vermont sees growth in food business Updated: Jan-23-16 3:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Vermont - In the last five years, Black River Produce, a wholesale distributor of fresh food, has doubled its sales and staff and added a much-sought-after slaughterhouse in southern Vermont as demand for locally produced food continues to climb.
- State to invest in small businesses, promote local food Updated: Jan-23-16 11:02 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state is offering grants to small businesses to increase the competitiveness of Rhode Island products and help local farmers and food partners grow their businesses.
- Correction: Food Jobs-Vermont story Updated: Jan-22-16 11:54 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story Jan. 20 about food-related jobs, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount that local food purchases have increased. It was $189 million, not $189 billion.
- 10 foods you must try in San Francisco during the Super Bowl Updated: Jan-12-16 2:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco is a city with serious food game, whether playing as multi-starred cuisine served in a white tablecloth hush or a simple crab cocktail eaten amid the boisterous clamor of Fisherman's Wharf.
- Punachicks Farm fills void in poultry market Updated: Jan-10-16 5:02 am
HILO, Hawaii - "People are hungry for local food," Emily Taaroa said on a bright morning as she walked between homemade chicken pens on 5.5 acres of Keaau land.