- EXCHANGE: Farmer markets give restaurants local food source Updated: Jul-24-15 8:55 am
DEKALB, Illinois - Area farmers markets once again have opened for the season, and for local chef Chad Warbort, that means an opportunity to look for new ingredients to sell at his restaurant, Tapa La Luna, at 226 E. Lincoln Highway in downtown DeKalb.
- Provo farm struggles to find support for quality, local food Updated: Jul-10-15 10:32 am
PROVO, Utah - Standing at the foot of La Nay Ferme's tiered plot of land on the bench above Provo, nearly every corner of Utah Valley is visible.
- John Morrell, Homeland stores donate to Regional Food Bank Updated: Jul-08-15 3:13 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The John Morrell Food Group has extended its efforts to fight hunger with a donation to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Institutions like hospitals can help local mid-size farms Updated: Jul-05-15 1:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - At Oregon Health & Science University recently, the lunch offerings included sandwiches made with organic chicken breast - locally sourced - on focaccia bread, baked locally and delivered daily. Plus salad made from local greens. Not a pre-packaged, mass-produced item in sight.
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas Updated: Jul-05-15 11:23 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The thirst for Kansas-produced alcoholic beverages is growing, with wineries multiplying and the state's largest craft beer brewer moving into a larger facility.
- USDA offers funding for farmers markets, local food programs Updated: Jul-05-15 8:34 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's focus has traditionally been on food production, agriculture and natural resources but under the administration of President Barack Obama the USDA also has taken on a broader rural economic development role.