- More online, more on mobile: advertising executive to IOC Updated: Aug-02-15 5:32 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A leading advertising executive told the IOC on Sunday that the Olympic body needs to stay relevant with the younger generation and concentrate more of its content on the Internet and via mobile devices.
- 'Downton' producer open to possibility of big-screen film Updated: Aug-02-15 1:59 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Here's a roundup of news Saturday from the Television Critics Association summer meeting, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs:
- At 93, TV producer Lear seeks to keep pushing boundaries Updated: Aug-02-15 1:32 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Veteran TV producer Norman Lear of "All in the Family" fame is looking ahead to his next groundbreaking series.
- 'Downton' producer doesn't shut door on big-screen film Updated: Aug-02-15 12:05 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - With "Downton Abbey" coming to an end, its executive producer is offering hope that a follow-up movie is at least a possibility.
- 'Downton Abbey' to get a float in the 2016 Rose Bowl parade Updated: Aug-01-15 11:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Maggie Smith's character on "Downton Abbey" might find the pomp and circumstance uncomfortable, but the PBS show is getting its own float in the Rose Parade, two days before the premiere of its sixth and final season on Jan. 3.
- Steven Moffat on 'Sherlock' special; how long series can go Updated: Aug-01-15 5:16 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - "Sherlock" fans have grown familiar with the waiting game between TV seasons, but they may be encouraged that show-runner Steven Moffat says he could see it "going on for a long while."
- 'Finding Your Roots' to return for season 3 after PBS probe Updated: Aug-01-15 4:01 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - "Finding Your Roots" will return for season three, but whether the celebrity genealogy series that buried an uncomfortable fact about Ben Affleck's ancestor continues after that remains in doubt, PBS' chief executive said.
- Telemundo interviews Bush on wide range of topics Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he's not worried about running against Donald Trump for the nomination or the fact that the billionaire businessman is in first place in several national polls.
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:01 am
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, the kilt wearing trash-talker who headlined the first WrestleMania and later found movie stardom, died Friday. He was 61.
- Daniel Wu's martial arts TV series premieres in Nov. on AMC Updated: Aug-01-15 12:41 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Hong Kong movie star Daniel Wu is bringing martial arts back to TV in the U.S. with his upcoming series "Into the Badlands," premiering Nov. 19 on AMC.
- SNL stars Armisen, Meyers, Hader reunite for parody series Updated: Jul-31-15 9:41 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The shaggy-haired rocker who set up his amplifier in the posh hotel lobby looked a lot like Fred Armisen. And wasn't that Seth Meyers snapping his picture?
- Dolly Parton's family life subject of TV movie Updated: Jul-31-15 8:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Dolly Parton wants the upcoming TV movie about her life growing up poor in Appalachia to show viewers the kind of family she thinks is missing on television today.
- Maisie Williams has 'significant role' on 'Doctor Who' Updated: Jul-31-15 4:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - When viewers see Maisie Williams on the new season of "Doctor Who," she'll be a brand-new character, not someone from the Doctor's past.
- Antonio Banderas to star in Starz series 'Cuban Quartet' Updated: Jul-31-15 4:07 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Starz is developing "Cuban Quartet," a series starring Antonio Banderas.
- Online viewers won't miss Super Bowl ads shown on TV Updated: Jul-31-15 11:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Next year, you won't have to worry about missing the buzziest commercials of the Super Bowl if you can't get to a TV.
- 'Thelma Lou' transforms from 'Mayberry' local to legend Updated: Jul-31-15 9:52 am
MOUNT AIRY, North Carolina - When actress Betty Lynn first moved to Andy Griffith's quaint hometown and inspiration for the eponymous show, she couldn't go to the grocery store without meeting enthusiastic fans, calling out to "Thelma Lou."
- Mashable man Dan Rather isn't the retiring type Updated: Jul-31-15 9:01 am
NEW YORK - At age 83, Dan Rather is starting over.
- Autism breakthrough: Animation program helps children Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Everyone involved in treating children with autism, from the professionals to the parents to the children with autism themselves, can tell you how frustrating the treatment can be.
- Louganis contemplates his, fellow Olympian Jenner's journeys Updated: Jul-31-15 12:47 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Greg Louganis said he was unaware of fellow Olympian Bruce Jenner's gender identity struggle when their paths crossed at the Summer 1976 Games and in later years.
- Dwayne Johnson says of Hulk Hogan: 'We've all talked trash' Updated: Jul-30-15 10:34 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Dwayne Johnson says he was disappointed when he heard about a tape of Hulk Hogan using racial slurs.
- HBO Programming Chief optimistic about David Chase series Updated: Jul-30-15 9:35 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - It's been six years since HBO first announced that "Sopranos" creator David Chase has a new project in the works, and according to the network's programming chief, it's still happening.
- Struggling MSNBC cancels 3 daytime shows with liberal slant Updated: Jul-30-15 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - MSNBC said Thursday that it is canceling three of its afternoon programs, part of a network-wide shift to a straight news focus during the daytime hours.
- HBO chief: 'Game of Thrones' could wrap after 3 more seasons Updated: Jul-30-15 8:41 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - "Game of Thrones" fans, brace yourselves: The fantasy saga's end is perhaps just a few years away.
- HBO open to more 'True Detective' despite Season 2 criticism Updated: Jul-30-15 8:31 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - HBO would like a third season of "True Detective," despite criticism over Season 2 starring Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch.
- Demi Lovato's 'Dusk Till Dawn' character was written for her Updated: Jul-30-15 8:13 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Robert Rodriguez had been waiting for a chance to work with Demi Lovato since she auditioned for his 2003 movie "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over."