- Epix reaches multiyear Hulu deal, ends Netflix agreement Updated: Aug-31-15 10:20 am
The cable network Epix jumped from Netflix to Hulu, landing a multiyear, digital subscription video on demand deal with the streaming service.
- Miley Cyrus bares nipple on VMAs Updated: Aug-31-15 12:22 am
Miley Cyrus' various costumes for Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards were for the most part nearly naked - and then she took it a step farther and flashed her nipple during a costume change.
- Under new TV contract, US Open returns to Sunday men's final Updated: Aug-30-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - For the first time since 2007, the U.S. Open men's final could be played on a Sunday.
- China's leadership fans smoldering antipathy toward Japan Updated: Aug-30-15 1:24 am
BEIJING - By administrative order, dramas about resisting the Japanese wartime enemy will fill Chinese TV channels this week as China celebrates - including with a massive military parade - the victory over Japan 70 years ago.
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- How Atlanta became the Hollywood of the South Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 pm
ATLANTA - The city is on fire.
- Illinois to broadcast football games in Chinese Updated: Aug-29-15 1:49 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A surge in students from China has prompted the University of Illinois to add Chinese-language broadcasts of its football games this season.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- Rowing alone: Author channels life on water with kids' book Updated: Aug-29-15 9:35 am
ONANCOCK, Virginia - An Eastern Shore of Virginia native who grew up fishing and crabbing on Onancock Creek has authored a children's book celebrating life on the water and the creatures that live in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Norwegian TV to air fictional series about Russian invasion Updated: Aug-29-15 8:08 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - In a move that has annoyed Russia, a Norwegian television channel says it will air a fictional TV drama depicting a Russian invasion of Norway after radical environmentalists seize power and freeze the Scandinavian nation's oil and gas industry.
- Hockey moms sought for Minnesota reality TV show Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Hockey moms are wanted for a Minnesota reality TV show set to debut this winter.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- Despite volatility, on-air rampage difficult to predict Updated: Aug-28-15 8:32 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Living alone in a world of perceived slights, Vester Lee Flanagan II festered and fumed. His hair-trigger temper directed at a random collection of people he encountered never seemed to stray into the type of violent behavior that would have put him on the radar of police or mental health professionals.
- TV shooting survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire Updated: Aug-28-15 7:30 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The woman who survived the on-air shooting that killed two TV journalists says she never saw the gunman walk up to the group because the camera's bright light blinded her.
- After TV slaying, reporter's dad finds voice on gun control Updated: Aug-28-15 6:30 pm
COLLINSVILLE, Virginia - Andy Parker's resolve to fight for gun control formed in the hours after his daughter was shot and killed on live television. In his first interviews after the tragedy, he briefly mentioned the issue as he eulogized Alison. By Friday, he was pledging a full-scale fight for tougher gun laws on national TV.
- UW men's basketball game times, TV coverage released Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Game times and television coverage have been released for the 2015-16 Wyoming Cowboys basketball season.
- The Latest: Survivor expresses condolences for TV workers Updated: Aug-28-15 1:36 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- IFC puts off comedy due to Virginia shooting similarities Updated: Aug-28-15 11:16 am
NEW YORK - The IFC network has postponed an episode of its new comedy series "Documentary Now!" that was supposed to air this week out of sensitivity to the on-air shootings of two Virginia television journalists.
- TV academy, actors union toast diversity at pre-Emmy party Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - With hit shows like "Empire," ''black-ish" and "How to Get Away With Murder," diversity is the new normal in TV.
- 'We Are Your Friends' director schooled by MTV's 'Catfish' Updated: Aug-28-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Fans of MTV's "Catfish: The TV Show" may notice something familiar in the new film "We Are Your Friends."
- Virginia shootings make for tough media decisions Updated: Aug-28-15 1:13 am
NEW YORK - In an era when anyone can go online and find video of extremist beheadings, police shootings and other carnage, major news organizations applied their own standards to coverage of this week's killing of a TV news crew in Virginia and showed only carefully selected portions of the footage.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- 'Sister Wives' cite gay marriage ruling in polygamy case Updated: Aug-27-15 4:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A polygamous family says the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage shows that laws restricting consensual adult relationships are outdated, even if certain unions are unpopular.
- Anchor's shock at live TV slayings shifts to poise, strength Updated: Aug-27-15 4:32 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The wide-eyed, open-mouthed look of shock on the face of WDBJ-TV anchor Kim McBroom was seen worldwide after her two co-workers were fatally shot on live television. But as her grieving newsroom went back to work, and she showed poise and strength Thursday as the on-camera leader of a team that refused to give in.
- Bush campaign raffling off ticket to Colbert debut Updated: Aug-27-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - Jeb Bush isn't just going to be a guest on Stephen Colbert's late-night debut on CBS. He's turned it into a fundraising opportunity.