- Utah liquor board pushes off decision on mini-bottle sales Updated: Aug-25-15 4:43 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State liquor regulators have pushed off a decision about granting special permission for a distillery to sell its brandy in sample sizes, arguing the move is too drastic for them to make without having lawmakers weigh in first.
- 1 year after San Francisco Bay's biggest quake in decades Updated: Aug-23-15 2:52 pm
The 6.0 magnitude quake that woke the placid wine town of Napa at 3:20 a.m. on Aug. 24, 2014 was the strongest quake to hit the San Francisco Bay area in a quarter-century. It killed one person and injured 200 as bricks and furniture - and wine bottles - toppled onto sleeping families. One year later, the signs of lingering damage are minimal - a wobbly winery building here, a shrouded, Victorian-era downtown facade awaiting repairs there.
- Expect good year from Texas wineries amid wet weather Updated: Aug-21-15 1:35 pm
COMFORT, Texas - On May 23, Bending Branch Winery in Comfort received 13 inches of rain in 12 hours, says John Rivenburgh, Bending Branch's director of winery and vineyard management.
- Oregon winery owner wants gravel mine near Oakridge Updated: Aug-17-15 6:13 am
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - An Oregon winery owner and his investors are asking Lane County to redesignate forestland near Oakridge so he can open a gravel mine.
- Drought brings early harvest in California's wine country Updated: Aug-16-15 5:19 pm
HEALDSBURG, California - In Northern California's wine country, the 2015 harvest has arrived shockingly early, amid years of drought that have progressively shifted vines' growing season earlier into the year.
- Delaware Brew Bus taps niche in rising alcohol tourism Updated: Aug-16-15 9:04 am
DOVER, Delaware - Breweries, wineries and distilleries are booming in Delaware, as artisans seek to capitalize on the widespread popularity of craft booze.
- Harvest unclear for Michigan vineyards after severe storms Updated: Aug-07-15 4:18 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Vineyards in northwest Michigan are grappling with the possibility that they might lose their entire grape crop after severe storms blew through the area last weekend.