- Sheridan food bank sees decline in donations Updated: Oct-09-15 5:01 am
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - A Sheridan food bank will be handing out food to those in need one less day a week as a result of declining food donations.
- $1 billion pledged to Los Angeles County nonprofits Updated: Oct-08-15 8:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - In celebration of its 100th anniversary, the California Community Foundation is pledging a whopping $1 billion to Los Angeles County nonprofit organizations over the next decade.
- University of Missouri gets $25M for democracy institute Updated: Oct-08-15 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri announced Thursday that it's received a $25 million donation from the Kinder Foundation to launch an institute to study constitutional democracy.
- No-kill shelter seeks to raise money by raffling off rifle Updated: Oct-08-15 1:09 pm
OTTUMWA, Iowa - A central Iowa animal shelter committed to not killing the dogs and cats in its care is raising money by raffling off a gun.
- Tulsa foundation donates $10M in land for children's museum Updated: Oct-08-15 12:57 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The George Kaiser Family Foundation is giving $10 million in land for the construction of a permanent children's museum in Tulsa.
- Birmingham taking donations for South Carolina flood victims Updated: Oct-08-15 12:29 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The City of Birmingham is collecting donations to help victims of recent floods in South Carolina.
- University of Nebraska Foundation tops $200M in fundraising Updated: Oct-07-15 7:00 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Foundation says it has raised more than $200 million in gifts and pledges for the third straight year.
- Packard Plant guided tours to raise funds for art nonprofit Updated: Oct-07-15 3:33 pm
DETROIT - Visitors will get up-close looks at the rusted steel beams, concrete walls, and factory floors in Detroit where Packard luxury cars were assembled.
- Judge rejects renaming college after billionaire's wife Updated: Oct-07-15 2:56 pm
PAUL SMITHS, New York - A New York judge denied a college's petition to add the wife of a Wall Street billionaire to its name, citing the will of the founding donor.
- Penn State THON organizers to review 'canning' safety Updated: Oct-06-15 9:21 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Organizers of Penn State's student-run THON charitable campaign have suspended a "canning" weekend - when student collect donations in coffee cans - in the wake of a student's death in a car crash.
- Virginia Living Museum launches $5 million campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 7:22 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Virginia Living Museum has launched a campaign to raise $5 million over the next year.
- Punahou School receives $10 million from anonymous donor Updated: Oct-05-15 1:06 pm
HONOLULU - The second-largest private school in Hawaii has received a $10 million gift from an anonymous donor and alumnus.
- Head of New Jersey cancer society killed by falling tree Updated: Oct-05-15 11:41 am
COLTS NECK TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The executive director of New Jersey's chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was killed Saturday afternoon when a tree fell on her vehicle during a storm.
- University of Indianapolis announces $50M fundraising effort Updated: Oct-05-15 8:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Indianapolis has announced a $50 million fundraising campaign along with a new poverty research institute.
- NYU engineering school receives $100M gift Updated: Oct-05-15 8:16 am
NEW YORK - New York University's School of Engineering has received a $100 million gift and will be renamed after its donors.
- Broncos' Latimer joins fight against cancer in honor of dad Updated: Oct-03-15 11:47 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - When Denver Broncos receiver Cody Latimer was 11, his father was diagnosed with colon cancer.
- Money for school-funding issue traced to 3 big donors Updated: Oct-03-15 11:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two charities have poured $2.6 million into efforts to pass a ballot initiative that aims to guarantee public school funding in the state constitution. But where did that money come from?
- Lexington Hunger Walk raises awareness along with money Updated: Oct-03-15 8:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Alice Rogers was getting her blood pressure checked at her doctor's office when the nurse's assistant asked her where she worked.
- UVM gets $20 million donation; renames business school Updated: Oct-02-15 4:36 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont has received a $20 million donation - its largest individual gift ever - and renamed its business school after the donor.
- EXCHANGE: Tazewell County Museum has much and more to offer Updated: Oct-02-15 9:24 am
PEKIN, Illinois - Over the last weekend in August, Christal Dagit was making her last trip to move and downsize. But instead of unpacking dishes and towels, she was carefully unwrapping and finding spots for historic items.
- Governors in the Dakotas make friendly bet on football game Updated: Oct-01-15 12:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple and South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard have made a friendly wager on the outcome of this weekend's football matchup between North Dakota State University and South Dakota State.
- Katy Perry, Sting, Seinfeld to perform at benefit concert Updated: Sep-29-15 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Katy Perry, Sting and Jerry Seinfeld will perform at a benefit concert of the David Lynch Foundation on Nov. 4.
- Tulsa foundation pledges $100,000 to Arkansas marshal museum Updated: Sep-29-15 1:39 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Hille Foundation of Tulsa has pledged $100,000 toward the construction of the U.S. Marshals Museum in Fort Smith.
- UF alum gives $50M to College of Engineering Updated: Sep-29-15 3:35 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - A University of Florida alumnus who invented the UV coating for sunglasses has given the school's College of Engineering a $50 million cash donation.
- Nonprofit donates $50K to MTSU veterans center Updated: Sep-29-15 3:31 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A nonprofit co-founded by country music legend Charlie Daniels has donated $50,000 to help equip a new veterans center at Middle Tennessee State University.