- Facebook CEO, now a father, will give away most of his money Updated: Dec-02-15 12:05 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Talk about birth announcements: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife say they'll devote nearly all their wealth - roughly $45 billion - to solving the world's problems in celebration of their new baby daughter, Max.
- Facebook CEO, now a father, will give away most of his money Updated: Dec-01-15 6:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Talk about birth announcements: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife said they'll devote nearly all their wealth - roughly $45 billion - to good works in celebration of their new baby daughter, Max.
- California sues 2 car charities over administrative costs Updated: Dec-01-15 4:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state attorney general and county prosecutors on Tuesday sued two Southern California car donation charities that they say lie to donors about how much goes to charitable causes.
- Taraji P. Henson lends hand to Keys' HIV & AIDS charity Updated: Dec-01-15 8:41 am
NEW YORK - Taraji P. Henson and Alicia Keys are joining forces to fight HIV and AIDS.
- Trailer full of donations stolen from Louisville church Updated: Dec-01-15 8:26 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A trailer with thousands of dollars' worth of supplies for the homeless was stolen from Valley View Church in Louisville.
- Wal-Mart launches campaign, gift to fund veterans charity Updated: Dec-01-15 8:10 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to give up to $1.5 million to a charity that provides housing for families of veterans who are in military or veteran hospitals.
- Huntley Historical Society raising money for new museum Updated: Dec-01-15 4:21 am
HUNTLEY, Illinois - The Huntley Historical Society is raising money to open a museum showcasing the Illinois' village's history.
- Nevada could soon see 'Values Life' specialty license plate Updated: Nov-29-15 2:51 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Motorists could soon buy specialty license plates proclaiming "Nevada Values Life," although state officials and Planned Parenthood have warned of possible lawsuits because of the overtly Christian anti-abortion charity that will receive a portion of the proceeds.
- UW Foundation policy change could raise more funds Updated: Nov-29-15 1:45 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming Foundation is looking to get more investment income out of its money languishing in various accounts.
- Staircase photo shoots help restore Yankton building Updated: Nov-29-15 12:45 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The Dakota Territorial Museum has been raising money to restore the Mead Building in Yankton by inviting people to take photos on the 1909 neo-Renaissance structure's marble staircase.
- Nonprofit opens expanded Concord volunteer center Updated: Nov-29-15 9:46 am
CONCORD, Virginia - Gleaning for the World, a nonprofit organization that ships material donations internationally and domestically, expects to double its volunteer force to 4,000 after opening its new Volunteer Center on Nov. 20.
- Feds try to close Montana-based timeshare donation program Updated: Nov-27-15 3:06 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - The U.S. Department of Justice is trying to stop a Montana lawyer and others from running or promoting a program that appears to facilitate philanthropic donations of timeshares, but actually led customers to commit tax fraud and didn't give much to charity, according to a court filing.
- Opelousas teen collects donations to feed families Updated: Nov-26-15 4:56 pm
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - About 175 families will be fed this holiday season thanks to one teenager's determination.
- Pontiac church sued over money donated for fellowship hall Updated: Nov-26-15 9:32 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - A lawsuit was filed by a couple against their former church in suburban Detroit, its reverend and other officials over money they say was donated for a fellowship hall that never was built.
- Ralph Wilson Foundation donates $7 million in Buffalo area Updated: Nov-25-15 7:21 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation has announced $7 million in donations, including $500,000 to Hunter's Hope.
- New Catholic high school to be built on 48 acres in Bismarck Updated: Nov-24-15 6:49 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A new Catholic high school will be built on a 48-acre plot in Bismarck thanks to a land donation.
- Donations to schools destroyed by Bethel fire piling up Updated: Nov-24-15 9:21 am
BETHEL, Alaska - Donated school supplies have been pouring in following the destruction of two schools in the Kilbuck building fire, but school officials say they need more money, not supplies.
- Mitsubishi donating $1M to Smithsonian museums of Asian art Updated: Nov-24-15 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - Mitsubishi is donating $1 million to the Smithsonian's museums of Asian art aimed at expanding communication among Japanese and American audiences and scholars.
- Iona College gets $15M gift for business school Updated: Nov-23-15 6:31 am
NEW ROCHELLE, New York - Iona College has received a $15 million gift to rebuild its business school.
- Author Greg Mortenson to retire from charity Updated: Nov-19-15 6:05 pm
HELENA, Montana - "Three Cups of Tea" author Greg Mortenson, who has spent four years weathering accusations that his best-selling book contained fabrications and that he mismanaged the charity he co-founded, will retire in January, Central Asia Institute officials said Thursday.
- Florida-based charitable group for veterans banned in Texas Updated: Nov-19-15 7:51 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A Florida-based charitable group meant to assist veterans has been banned from Texas after most donations ended up out of state.
- Donation to boost textbook loan program for student veterans Updated: Nov-19-15 5:46 am
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - A $20,000 donation to Oakland University will help the suburban Detroit school expand its textbook loan program for student veterans and their dependents.
- Children's museum to receive $1M toward waterfront location Updated: Nov-19-15 3:04 am
BUFFALO, New York - A children's museum says it will receive a million-dollar gift for its new location on Buffalo's waterfront.
- Ex-teacher charged in charity poker games embezzlement case Updated: Nov-18-15 1:39 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A former Flint-area high school teacher and baseball coach has been charged with embezzlement in connection with money raised from charity poker games promoted as fundraisers for schools in the Kearsley district.
- Man wins Maserati with hole-in-1 at charity golf tournament Updated: Nov-09-15 8:59 am
NEWPORT BEACH, California - A Temecula man is zipping around in a new Maserati thanks to a hole-in-one at a charity golf tournament.