- Mayor gives Springsteen seats to school fundraising group Updated: Feb-09-16 9:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's mayor is donating his suite at Friday's sold-out Bruce Springsteen concert to a school district fundraising group.
- Kansas private school tuition bill passes first hurdle Updated: Feb-09-16 6:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A tax credit program to help low-income families pay for private school passed a key hurdle this week when a majority of House Education Committee members approved a major expansion.
- School reaches gym overhaul goal with help from floor ads Updated: Feb-08-16 10:17 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A Michigan high school that's been raising money to replace its gym floor has reached its $120,000 goal after selling ads to be displayed on the floor.
- Fundraiser features Civil War hospital food - tweaked a bit Updated: Feb-08-16 4:15 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - If this was Civil War hospital food, today's medical centers should take note.
- Singer, widow of Marcus Belgrave holding benefit concert Updated: Feb-07-16 12:28 pm
DETROIT - The widow of internationally acclaimed jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave has launched a scholarship in his name with a benefit concert featuring some of his well-known protÃ©gÃ©s.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- $10 million gift will build new center at DePauw University Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 am
GREENCASTLE, Indiana - DePauw University officials say the private school has received a $10 million donation to be used to build a new technology center.
- Man banned from using Bible verse drops suit against school Updated: Feb-05-16 4:46 pm
DENVER - A graduate of a Colorado university banned from putting Bible citations on a fundraising plaque in the school's football locker room is dropping a federal lawsuit now that the school has removed the original plaques.
- Susan G. Komen Wyoming affiliate to close in 2017 Updated: Feb-04-16 2:27 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will be shutting down next year, but another organization plans to take on breast cancer fundraising efforts in the state.
- New Rutgers athletic director inherits program at low point Updated: Feb-04-16 12:41 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers' new athletic director is unsparing when asked how he plans to turn around a program after a series of embarrassing developments on and off the field.
- University of Michigan event raises over $110K for charity Updated: Feb-04-16 12:21 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A star-studded Signing Day event at the University of Michigan has helped raise more than $110,000 for the Chad Tough Foundation.
- Police: Man faked brain cancer, took thousands in donations Updated: Feb-04-16 7:11 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man shaved his head and took weight loss pills to convince people he had stage 3 brain cancer and collect thousands in donations.
- Bob Dole donate $20K to cancer camp in central Kansas Updated: Feb-04-16 5:05 am
CLAFLIN, Kansas - Former Kansas Sen. Bob Dole has donated $20,000 to help pay for a camp for children with cancer in central Kansas.
- Repurposed parking meters to help Detroit's homeless Updated: Feb-03-16 11:56 am
DETROIT - A new initiative in downtown Detroit uses repurposed parking meters to collect donations for nonprofits that serve the homeless.
- Congressman's son gets 5 years for federal tax, bank fraud Updated: Feb-02-16 2:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The son of a veteran Philadelphia congressman was sentenced Tuesday to five years in federal prison on bank and tax fraud convictions.
- Washoe school district to receive $13 million donation Updated: Feb-02-16 10:56 am
RENO, Nevada - The Washoe County School District will receive $1 million each year for the next 13 years to help fund programs to close gaps they may impede student success.
- Latest: Governor seeks bond issue for Capitol repairs Updated: Feb-01-16 2:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Latest on Gov. Mary Fallin's State of the State speech Monday to open the 2016 Oklahoma Legislature:
- Fox News attempts to end feud with Trump fall short Updated: Jan-29-16 1:24 am
NEW YORK - Last-minute attempts by Fox News Channel to end its feud with Donald Trump failed and Thursday's presidential debate went on without him, creating the odd spectacle of competing television networks covering a Trump rally at the same time as the other Republican candidates talked.
- Trade a new, used instrument for tickets to hear Manilow Updated: Jan-27-16 5:02 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Singer-songwriter Barry Manilow is trying to help spur donations of musical instruments to the International School of Louisiana in New Orleans.
- Ford Presidential Museum reopening in June after overhaul Updated: Jan-27-16 3:59 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum is expected to reopen this spring after being closed in October to allow crews to install new, permanent interactive exhibits and conduct renovations at the facility in Grand Rapids, officials announced Wednesday.
- General Mills Foundation donates $3M for Minneapolis parks Updated: Jan-27-16 1:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The General Mills Foundation has donated $3 million to help fund park projects along the Mississippi River waterfront in Minneapolis.
- UConn to raise ticket prices to pay for new athletic fields Updated: Jan-27-16 9:42 am
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn is planning to charge fans more for basketball and football tickets to fund the construction of new soccer, baseball and softball stadiums.
- Report: Colorado charities raised $4.2 billion in 2015 Updated: Jan-27-16 12:00 am
DENVER - A newly released report says more than 6,400 charities in Colorado raised $4.2 billion last year.
- Nonprofit reaches fundraising goal for Gateway Arch upgrade Updated: Jan-26-16 3:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - A nonprofit coordinating a $380-million renovation of the Gateway Arch grounds in St. Louis says it has reached its fundraising goal of $250 million.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jan-26-16 1:02 pm
The Munster Times. Jan. 22, 2016