- University of Tennessee students raise funds for LGBT center Updated: May-27-16 12:46 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - University of Tennessee students have raised funds for the school's LGBT center after a state law led to the loss of its funding.
- NBC's 'Red Nose Day Special' raises $30M for kids' charities Updated: May-27-16 9:06 am
UNIVERSAL CITY, California - NBC's "Red Nose Day Special" mixed comedy and musical performances with heartfelt pleas for children in need, raising more than $30 million.
- Central South Carolina food bank celebrates Walmart donation Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Harvest Hope Food Bank that serves 20 counties in central South Carolina is celebrating a $25,000 contribution from the Walmart Foundation.
- Brees 'not stressing' about a lack of an extension Updated: May-25-16 10:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints star quarterback Drew Brees says he's "not stressing" about a recent lack of progress on a possible contract extension with New Orleans and said he'll approach this season the same way whether he gets a new deal or not.
- USC alum Bohnett pledges $15M to endow residential college Updated: May-25-16 1:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California says an alumnus and member of its Board of Trustees has pledged $15 million to the school.
- Minnesota suing fundraising companies, claiming deception Updated: May-25-16 12:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The state of Minnesota is suing a professional fundraising company and its affiliate, alleging the Michigan firms are deceptively soliciting money for a veterans' charity.
- Anonymous donors pledge $1M for community center in Britton Updated: May-25-16 6:44 am
BRITTON, South Dakota - Anonymous donors have pledged $1 million to help build a new community center in Britton to replace the Kidder Gym.
- 49ers CEO pledges money to support repeal of transgender law Updated: May-24-16 7:25 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York pledged $75,000 to the Equality North Carolina Foundation, an organization which is backing a repeal of a law he believes discriminates.
- Watertown man claims Dakota Cash jackpot of over $35K Updated: May-23-16 3:40 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota lottery officials say a Watertown man has claimed a Dakota Cash jackpot of more than $35,000.
- Fitzpatrick wants reunion with Jets, has no plans to retire Updated: May-23-16 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, locked in a contract stalemate with the New York Jets, says he wants to return to the team and has no plans to retire.
- Humane Society uses miniature golf course to raise money Updated: May-23-16 10:25 am
CARSONVILLE, Michigan - An animal welfare organization in Michigan is using a miniature golf course at the site of its planned $4 million new home to raise money for its efforts.
- Owen County shelter seeks public support to care for 70 dogs Updated: May-22-16 4:46 pm
SPENCER, Indiana - An Owen County animal shelter is seeking public support to help care for 70 malnourished dogs seized from a rural property.
- Nevada Indian Commission to preserve Stewart Indian School Updated: May-22-16 12:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Indian Commission is seeking to preserve the campus of a historic boarding school once used to assimilate Native American children.
- Civil War artifacts donated to Selma's Old Depot Museum Updated: May-22-16 10:01 am
SELMA, Alabama - The Old Depot Museum on Water Avenue houses a collection of artifacts that tell the story of Selma from before the Civil War through today. Thanks to a recent donation, the museum continues to expand its collection of local history.
- Art Van launches fundraising competition for nonprofits Updated: May-21-16 5:21 pm
WARREN, Michigan - A Michigan-based furniture retailer has launched a competition to distribute more than $300,000 in grants to Midwestern nonprofit groups that raise the most money during the campaign.
- Alaskans participate in yearly suicide-prevention walk Updated: May-21-16 4:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaskans participated in a yearly community walk in the state's largest city to raise awareness about suicide and remember loved ones who took their own lives.
- The Latest: Alaskans walk in yearly suicide-prevention walk Updated: May-21-16 3:19 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on Suicide Prevention Walk (all times local):
- Regents approve naming Montana State school after Gianforte Updated: May-20-16 4:47 pm
HAVRE, Montana - The state Board of Regents has approved renaming Montana State University's computer science department after Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Gianforte.
- Branstad's tax returns show 2015 income of $185,249 Updated: May-20-16 3:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Tax returns for Gov. Terry Branstad and his wife show they earned $185,249 in 2015 and made sizable charity donations.
- Pennsylvania woman takes plea deal in fake cancer fundraiser Updated: May-20-16 3:01 pm
CANONSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania woman charged with running a fake GoFundMe page for a terminally ill cancer patient has accepted a tentative plea agreement.
- Detroit museum acquires works, seeks to diversify collection Updated: May-20-16 10:03 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts has acquired two artworks by contemporary African-American artists as part of an effort to continue to diversify its collection.
- AIDS fundraiser emcee Kevin Spacey mocks Donald Trump Updated: May-20-16 1:35 am
CAP D'ANTIBES, France - Kevin Spacey bashed Donald Trump during an AIDS fundraiser, saying he would enjoy visiting a place with "so many casinos to bankrupt."
- Parents accept diploma for Californian slain in Paris attack Updated: May-19-16 10:50 pm
LONG BEACH, California - The parents of a Southern California woman killed in the November terror attacks in Paris have accepted the diploma she never lived to receive.
- Youngstown State receives $1M gift for scholarships, jobs Updated: May-19-16 12:59 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - A northeast Ohio car dealer has pledged a $1 million gift to Youngstown State University to endow a scholarship fund and to help the school create campus jobs for students.
- NASCAR champion Johnson gets animated for Nickelodeon Updated: May-18-16 3:35 pm
From cars to cartoons, Jimmie Johnson's next dash at the track comes in animated form.