- Ralph Wilson Foundation donates $7 million in Buffalo area Updated: Nov-25-15 7:21 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation has announced $7 million in donations, including $500,000 to Hunter's Hope.
- UCSF-Fresno receives $1 million to open center on aging Updated: Nov-24-15 8:52 am
FRESNO, California - The University of California, San Francisco-Fresno has received a $1 million gift to help the school establish a center on aging to serve a growing senior population in the central San Joaquin Valley.
- UMaine's ocean simulator to carry Alfond name Updated: Nov-23-15 3:00 pm
ORONO, Maine - The University of Maine's new ocean engineering laboratory was formally dedicated Monday and will bear the name of the late philanthropist Harold Alfond.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:01 am
Omaha World-Herald. Nov. 20, 2015
- The Latest: Woman who recorded Fogle says term too light Updated: Nov-19-15 2:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest on the sentencing of former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle for sex crimes (all times local):
- ON Semiconductor to buy Fairchild for about $2.3 billion Updated: Nov-18-15 6:43 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Arizona-based ON Semiconductor Corp. is buying Fairchild Semiconductor for about $2.3 billion in cash to expand its products in the automotive, industrial and smartphone industries.
- TeachingWorks gets $6.8 million boost from Gates Foundation Updated: Nov-18-15 11:23 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A national organization based at the University of Michigan School of Education that's dedicated to improving professional preparation for teachers is getting a $6.8 million boost.
- BrickStreet Foundation donates $1.75M for WVSU scholarships Updated: Nov-10-15 3:06 am
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - An insurance company's charitable foundation has donated $1.75 million for scholarships at West Virginia State University.
- Hopkins family planning project gets $25M Gates grant Updated: Nov-09-15 8:51 pm
BALTIMORE - The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has awarded a $25 million grant to a research project that will train women in Africa and Asia to use smartphones to gather data on family planning needs.
- 7 Indiana legal aid groups get money from bank settlement Updated: Nov-09-15 4:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Bar Foundation says several civil legal aid and pro bono nonprofits around the state will share $1.4 million in grants during the coming year.
- 14 projects receive Virginia land conservation grants Updated: Nov-08-15 2:51 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Land Conservation Foundation has awarded grants totaling $2.25 million to 14 projects.
- Johnny Carson foundation giving $20M for media program Updated: Nov-07-15 4:45 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The foundation of late talk show host Johnny Carson has announced a $20 million gift to help create an academic program and facility focused on emerging media at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Animal programs in Rhode Island receive $5,000 in grants Updated: Nov-06-15 9:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Animal welfare programs across Rhode Island are receiving nearly $500,000 in grants from a local philanthropic group.
- Wichita's Newman university get $1M gift Updated: Nov-05-15 1:54 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Newman University in Wichita has received a $1 million grant for the university's science and health science programs.
- Walton Family Foundation gives $50M to Teach for America Updated: Nov-05-15 8:20 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - The Walton Family Foundation says it will donate $50 million over three years to Teach for America to support 4,000 new teachers nationwide.
- Sting, Katy Perry perform at David Lynch Foundation concert Updated: Nov-04-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Sting played it cool for a New York benefit concert dedicated to Transcendental Meditation. Katy Perry added some volume.
- Results unclear for school funding amendment in Mississippi Updated: Nov-03-15 11:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - It was unclear late Tuesday whether voters would agree to amend Mississippi's constitution to bolster public school funding, with official returns too close to call.
- Breast cancer survivor uses experience to help others Updated: Nov-01-15 9:56 am
FAIRMONT, West Virginia - Debbie Droppleman wants to help breast cancer patients maintain their pride and dignity.
- Business, arts, sports figures behind Ohio marijuana issue Updated: Oct-31-15 3:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Deep-pocketed investors in an Ohio marijuana legalization campaign this fall have been the focus of debate over Tuesday's Issue 3.
- Pirates' Andrew McCutchen wins Clemente Award Updated: Oct-30-15 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew McCutchen cut off his signature dreadlocks during spring training to benefit Pirates Charities.
- Nonprofits becoming more comfortable accepting pot donations Updated: Oct-29-15 2:43 pm
DENVER - One marijuana business hosts an annual golf tournament in Denver to raise money for multiple sclerosis research. Another Colorado pot company donates to a gay-rights advocacy group and is a sponsor of an AIDS walk.
- Norfolk unveils plan to combat rising sea levels in the city Updated: Oct-29-15 3:31 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk leaders have unveiled a plan to tackle the city's growing problem with rising sea levels.
- Grant lets 20,000 NYC students see 'Hamilton' on Broadway Updated: Oct-27-15 2:22 pm
NEW YORK - Some 20,000 New York City high school students will see the Broadway hit "Hamilton" thanks to a $1.46 million grant announced Tuesday by the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Delaware State University gets $6.2M in grant money Updated: Oct-27-15 9:22 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware State University has received $6.2 million in grants - $1.2 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for student education, and $5 million from NASA for the university's optics program.