- Chicago-based nonprofit gets $7.2M from Chase settlement Updated: Aug-03-15 5:15 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Equal Justice Foundation is benefiting from a $7.2 million windfall that the state was given in a settlement with Chase.
- RI Foundation awards grants to support LGBTQ communities Updated: Aug-01-15 5:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation has awarded eight nonprofit organizations serving the state's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities more than $50,000 in grants.
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, earned more than $139 million between 2007 and 2014, according to eight years of federal income tax returns released by her campaign on Friday.
- Clinton charity donors surge amid Hillary Clinton's campaign Updated: Jul-30-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A new list of donors to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation shows a marked surge in donations and the numbers of contributors to the family charity in the first half of this year - at the same time that Hillary Rodham Clinton ramped up her campaign for the presidency.
- $350K economic development grant from Vermont Yankee parent Updated: Jul-30-15 2:22 pm
KEENE, New Hampshire - A southwestern New Hampshire organization is getting a $350,000 economic development grant from the parent company of Vermont Yankee to benefit communities affected by the closure of the nuclear power plant.
- Kellogg Foundation giving $4.7 to nonprofits in La, Miss Updated: Jul-30-15 12:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has announced $4.7 million in grants to New Orleans and Mississippi nonprofits.
- Lawmakers approve continued funding for 'drug czar' Updated: Jul-29-15 6:48 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawmakers agreed Wednesday to continue paying the state's "drug czar" for six more months, even as some officials questioned whether he's been effective in streamlining the state's response to heroin and opioid abuse.
- US Olympic hero Jim Craig to auction memorabilia Updated: Jul-29-15 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - The American flag that goalie Jim Craig wrapped around his shoulders after the U.S. Miracle on Ice victory at the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics is on the auction block.
- Yellow Light Breen to lead Maine Development Foundation Updated: Jul-29-15 3:38 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Development Foundation has tapped an executive at Bangor Savings Bank to serve as its leader.
- Chelsea Clinton in Haiti to visit family foundation projects Updated: Jul-28-15 8:52 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Chelsea Clinton on Tuesday encouraged women to educate themselves and learn how to be more independent during a trip to Haiti to oversee projects financed by the Clinton Foundation.
- Funding for New Hampshire 'drug czar' up for debate Updated: Jul-28-15 5:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Efforts to combat New Hampshire's heroin and opioid abuse problems have become embroiled in the budget battle between Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan and Republican lawmakers.
- Researchers launching study of Salt Lake City-area watershed Updated: Jul-26-15 1:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Researchers began gathering hundreds of water and soil samples this week from a Salt Lake City-area watershed, the first leg of a broader Utah water study backed by a $20 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Detroit museum installs latest round of outdoor art copies Updated: Jul-24-15 8:55 am
ROSEVILLE, Michigan - The Detroit Institute of Arts is installing dozens of artwork reproductions outside in the Detroit area this summer, as its "Inside/Out" effort that it started five years ago expands to several other U.S. cities.
- Maker Faire Detroit festival marks 6th year this weekend Updated: Jul-24-15 4:06 am
DETROIT - The Henry Ford history attraction in suburban Detroit is hosting a festival celebrating arts, crafts, engineering and technology.
- DiCaprio gala raises over $40 million for environment Updated: Jul-23-15 4:05 pm
NEW YORK - Leonardo DiCaprio raised over $40 million to help save the planet at an auction in Saint-Tropez, France, on Wednesday night.
- Grant to Newport Jazz Festival funds day for emerging acts Updated: Jul-23-15 12:19 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport Jazz Festival has received a grant that's helping to pay for a third day of music focused on emerging artists.
- Ranch near Sedona donated to U. of Arizona veterinary school Updated: Jul-23-15 8:02 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A 45-acre ranch near Sedona is going to be part of a veterinary program launching at the University of Arizona in August.
- NYC foundation adds $64 million to 'resilient cities' work Updated: Jul-21-15 1:17 pm
NEW YORK - The Rockefeller Foundation is adding $64 million more an already $100 million initiative that recognizes cities for their ideas on physical, social and economic resilience.
- Iowa universities report hikes in external research funding Updated: Jul-21-15 9:53 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's two public research universities have reported increases in external funding for the past fiscal year.
- Comedian Dave Chappelle speaks out about timing of comeback Updated: Jul-19-15 3:58 am
BRIDGEHAMPTON, New York - Dave Chappelle's return to the comedy stage comes at a racially charged time in the U.S.
- OSU Foundation raises record-breaking $130.8 million Updated: Jul-17-15 3:25 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - The Oregon State University Foundation raised $130.8 million in the fiscal year that ended June 30.
- Foundation donates $10 million to Notre Dame libraries Updated: Jul-17-15 3:04 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A charitable foundation named after a Notre Dame graduate and former faculty member and his wife has donated $10 million to the university's Hesburgh Libraries to fund renovation and to establish an endowment to support digital library services and research projects.
- WVU Foundation says campaign nearing $1 billion goal Updated: Jul-17-15 2:52 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A drive to raise $1 billion for West Virginia University is nearing its goal.
- Kauffman Foundation gives $1M to Kansas City Union Station Updated: Jul-17-15 5:04 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation has announced a $1 million grant to Kansas City's Union Station.
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years Updated: Jul-16-15 6:23 pm
DALLAS - Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky is stepping down after nearly 13 years in charge of the league to join the College Football Playoff's charitable foundation.