- Scholarship awarded to seniors after student's tragic death Updated: May-29-15 1:46 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - It was an emotional morning at Lassiter High School on May 11 as a mother awarded 11 scholarships in the name of her daughter who died in a car crash nine years ago.
- Chobani CEO pledges to donate most of wealth Updated: May-28-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya says he will join some of the world's richest individuals in pledging to give away at least half his wealth, which has been estimated at $1.41 billion.
- EXCHANGE: Volunteers donate hair to help children get wigs Updated: May-28-15 6:29 am
QUINCY, Illinois - Six-year-old Beijah Sowards felt bad when she learned some kids her age were losing their hair because of illnesses.
- Anonymous donor gives $20 million to San Diego university Updated: May-27-15 6:16 am
SAN DIEGO - An anonymous donor has given a university in San Diego $20 million to expand programs aimed at inspiring teachers and helping children get along with one another.
- Politics in paradise: Alabama governor mansion in disrepair Updated: May-24-15 11:58 am
GULF SHORES, Alabama - With boarded-up windows, peeling paint and a rooftop tarp that flaps in the ocean breeze, the beachfront retreat at the end of Gulf Way Drive is a $1 million eyesore in paradise.
- Program working to provide beds for Iowa children Updated: May-24-15 10:56 am
FORT DODGE, Iowa - The United Way of Greater Fort Dodge's Bridging the Gap program is working to provide beds for children who need them.
- France cracks down on food waste by supermarkets Updated: May-22-15 7:29 am
PARIS - France's parliament has voted to forbid big supermarkets from destroying unsold food, encouraging them to donate to charities or farms instead, as part of a national campaign against food waste.
- FTC: Family raised $187M for cancer, spent it on themselves Updated: May-19-15 1:40 pm
WASHINGTON - A Tennessee man and his family used much of the $187 million it collected for cancer patients to buy themselves cars, gym memberships and take luxury cruise vacations, pay for college tuition and employ family members with six-figure salaries, federal officials alleged Tuesday in one of the largest charity fraud cases ever, involving all 50 states.
- New North Dakota governor's home design likely by end-year Updated: May-15-15 10:13 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A design for a new $5 million North Dakota governor's residence should be in place by Dec. 1, officials say.
- NY Gov. Cuomo calls for $150M education tax credit plan Updated: May-12-15 5:28 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is proposing tax credits of up to $500 for low-income families who enroll their children in private schools.
- School choice bill becomes law without governor's signature Updated: May-12-15 10:13 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana legislators instituted a new state law that reflects a national GOP initiative to boost private education options.
- State Dept plans no review of Clinton Foundation donations Updated: May-07-15 3:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The State Department said Thursday it has no plans to review previously undisclosed donations to a branch of the Clinton Foundation that some say raise questions about potential conflicts of interest during former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's time in office.
- Ebola victim's family says hospital's donation falls short Updated: May-04-15 5:52 pm
DALLAS - The family of the only person to die of Ebola in the United States said a Dallas hospital's donation to combat the disease in Africa fell far short of what they hoped.
- Teen's battle with disease a daily routine of drugs, therapy Updated: May-04-15 9:08 am
CLINTON, Indiana - Kierstin Ritchey may look like a typical teenager, but she has been dealing with a "quiet disease" all her life.
- Former sheriff headed to prison to donate political money Updated: May-03-15 12:28 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An attorney for James Metts says the former Lexington County sheriff who's been sentenced to prison plans to give almost $105,000 in unused political contributions to charities.