- Joel Ward leads Sharks past Predators 5-2 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-30-16 2:23 am
SAN JOSE, California - Since early in his career in Nashville, the playoffs have brought out the best in Joel Ward. So it shouldn't have come as any surprise to the Predators that Ward delivered in the third period in his first postseason game against his former team.
- Faksa has goal and assist, Stars beat Blues 2-1 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
DALLAS - The kid is all right for the Dallas Stars.
- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles' Drew Doughty, Ottawa's Erik Karlsson and San Jose's Brent Burns are the finalists for the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman.
- Ducks fire coach Bruce Boudreau after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-29-16 4:27 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Bruce Boudreau on Friday, two days after the four-time Pacific Division champions' first-round exit from the playoffs.
- Buffalo Sabres re-sign forward Johan Larsson to 1-year deal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:05 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed forward Johan Larsson to a one-year contract.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Oshie has hat trick, Capitals beat Penguins 4-3 in overtime Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 am
WASHINGTON - T.J. Oshie raised his arms in celebration and looked at referee Dan O'Rourke. Oshie was pretty sure he scored in overtime to complete a hat trick and one of the biggest games of his career.
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-28-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Anaheim's Ryan Kesler and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Wild GM: Torchetti a 'very serious candidate' to be coach Updated: Apr-28-16 5:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher is about to embark on another coaching search, the third of his tenure and a critical one for the immediate future of the team and Fletcher's own standing as the leader in the front office.
- New home of Detroit Red Wings to be Little Caesars Arena Updated: Apr-28-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - The name of the new home of the Detroit Red Wings is staying in the family.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- LGBT anti-discrimination employment bill advances in Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Senators advanced a proposal to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, moments after an initial vote appeared to stall the measure in committee.
- Metro staying open an hour later for Capitals playoff game Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Tavares, Prince lead Islanders past Lightning 5-3 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:25 pm
- Downtown stadium proposed as part of Detroit MLS bid Updated: Apr-27-16 9:09 pm
DETROIT - Major League Soccer is eyeing the site of a suspended jail project as a possible home for a new soccer team in Detroit, part of a massive downtown development that would be built in the same area where the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings play.
- Bishop, Holtby, Quick are Vezina Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-27-16 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - Tampa Bay's Ben Bishop, Washington's Braden Holtby and Los Angeles' Jonathan Quick are the finalists for the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Elliott, Pietrangelo, rookies key to Blues breakthrough Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - Looking for reasons why the St. Louis Blues were able to break through and win a playoff series for the first time since 2012, it's easy to start at goaltender.
- Glendale OKs $28 million deal for new arena operator Updated: Apr-27-16 3:05 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale has approved a $28 million deal with a Los Angeles-based arena management firm AEG Facilities for the operation of the Gila River Arena.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Stars still waiting for Tyler Seguin to get back on the ice Updated: Apr-26-16 6:33 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Injured All-Star center Tyler Seguin is still not back on the ice for the Dallas Stars.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.